Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PHAT-MONEY Guest

Re: ESPN: Faneca to Jets a done deal

well I don't want players on the rams that don't want to be here. It was For the Best. Now we must turn our Attention to Jacob Bell OG Of The Titans.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Also, according to Bernie..."No. 3, Bernie maintained that they'd make a serious run at Faneca. They tried to. He wasn't interested."
    When I was listening to the NFL channel on Sirius they were saying that Faneca wasn't meeting with any teams, he was just waiting to see who offered what and took the most money/best deal. I'm glad we didn't win the sweepstakes at those prices.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    When I was listening to the NFL channel on Sirius they were saying that Faneca wasn't meeting with any teams, he was just waiting to see who offered what and took the most money/best deal. I'm glad we didn't win the sweepstakes at those prices.
    Agreed. Kind of sounds like he was basically playing everyone off of each other to get the most money possible.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

If You think about it, It really is not that Big of A shock. If Alan Faneca Wanted more than Just "Money" he would have took what Pittsburg Offered to stay a steeler. I guess he figured this was his last BIG Contract and he wanted to make the Most Money possible. That's ok. we Have Jacob Bell Coming For A Visit On Monday.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    If You think about it, It really is not that Big of A shock. If Alan Faneca Wanted more than Just "Money" he would have took what Pittsburg Offered to stay a steeler. I guess he figured this was his last BIG Contract and he wanted to make the Most Money possible. That's ok. we Have Jacob Bell Coming For A Visit On Monday.
    And I'm excited. Jacob Bell might be a face on this squad for 7 or more years. I'm checking the Clan Ram during video class for sure. haha.

I hope we sign the guy, he's a need. for sure...

Dominator is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Yep. Faneca's agent said he was only going to make one visit and then sign. You guys act like playing teams against each other for the money is a bad thing. The teams screw these guys over every chance they get, of course he should go for the best deal. I assume the Rams deal was considerably less, so they told the Rams to go scratch.

The Jets have third year first rounders at LT and C and they took a big step back replacing Kendall with the black hole that is Adrien Clarke. LG was the biggest hole on the team and filling it with a seven time all pro is a no brainer. He meant more to the Jets than the Rams.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominator View Post
    Yep. Faneca's agent said he was only going to make one visit and then sign. You guys act like playing teams against each other for the money is a bad thing. The teams screw these guys over every chance they get, of course he should go for the best deal. I assume the Rams deal was considerably less, so they told the Rams to go scratch.
    I never said it was a bad thing. I said I'm glad we didn't win the sweepstakes at that price.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

That is a lot to spend on a guy who may not even play out the whole contract, and we seem to be trying to look to the future. So all in all, I'm not that disappointed. The Jets o-line better be one of the best in the league with D'Brickshaw Ferguson, Alan Faneca, and Nick Mangold now lined up next to each other.

Dominator is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    That is a lot to spend on a guy who may not even play out the whole contract, and we seem to be trying to look to the future. So all in all, I'm not that disappointed. The Jets o-line better be one of the best in the league with D'Brickshaw Ferguson, Alan Faneca, and Nick Mangold now lined up next to each other.
    It's not and that's not even counting the fact that they still need a RT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12