throwback week

richtree is offline Registered User

Evaluating Talent = Humility and admission of wrongs

I am sure alot of you guys sat and watched every minute of the combine and got to see the guys without pads and on and even playing field.

When evaluating talent we all grow fond and dislike certain guys.

To be a truely good evaluator you must admit when you are wrong.

As this draft is approaching I encourage people to put up a post about a guy you were just dead wrong about.

Mine is Golden Tate WR:

I was not high on this guy at all. I thought he needed to show blazing speed to even be considered a legit prospect. Not only did he show off his speed, strenght, and all around game he showed his hands and athleticism making highlight catches.

Tate, playing the Percy Harvin role in the slot, will be a huge asset to any NFL team, especially one playing on turf.

I think other than Arrelious Benn -- Tate stood out as a future NFL starter.

In conclusion, it is ok to admit you were wrong and my new top 3 WR's are as follows

1. Dez Bryant
    2. Arrelious Benn
    3. Golden Tate

cheers

AtlantaRamFan is online now Registered User

Re: Evaluating Talent = Humility and admission of wrongs

Can you really be right or wrong about someone before they're even drafted? The whole premise of evaluating college talent is to predict how good a player they will be in the NFL. You might end up being wrong about being wrong, so it might be a little premature. As an amateur talent evaluator or even a Pro, the only way to know you're wrong is if the player's career doesn't align with what you predicted. At this point, we're all still in the predicting stage. Heck, even the last couple of years its too early to tell who was right/wrong about prospects.

That said, something along these lines (even thought it was last year) I was a big fan of the Rams drafting Curry at #2. I believe the rest goes without saying.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post

That said, something along these lines (even thought it was last year) I was a big fan of the Rams drafting Curry at #2. I believe the rest goes without saying.
    Hi, my name is C-Mob, and I too had a man crush on Aaron Curry.

richtree is offline Registered User

I guess not........lol

npow81 Guest

Well I'm glad your on the Benn and Tate bandwagon, I think both are going to be certified studs, and I won't fault you for boarding that train late.

I know I posted this before but I see the following comparisons for those two
    Benn=Boldin (but faster)
    Tate=Steve Smith (Carolina that is)

I missed alot of the combine, but I think your point is dead on, alot of us have negative feelings about some players and sometimes those feelings are influenced by the things don't matter or that we don't even realize and we have to be willing to be subjective about everyone.