Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By App90

Thread: Evaluation please on brian quick, wr appalachian state

general counsel is offline Registered User

Evaluation please on brian quick, wr appalachian state

Kiper has brian quick as his best available wide receiver at this point (ahead of steven hill). I am not very familiar with Quick. Anyone care to venture an opinion as to how they will feel if we take him at #33 (logical responses please based on fact). As always, i respect any opinion anyone has, if it is grounded in some kind of logic rather than pure emotion.

Please dont say that we dont need to pick him at #33 because he will be available at 39. No one knows that and it is purely a guess to say that. I simply want an evaluation of what people think of his skills compared to other receiver options like randle.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Drummerman1011 is offline Registered User

Re: Evaluation please on brian quick, wr appalachian state

Brian Quick is from a small school. Hes about 6'-3" and 220. Has the size to play outside. Hes got a 40 speed of 4.5 which is pretty decent. His highlight reel is crazy but he was playing against small schools which is to be expected. Didnt play too well at the senior bowl but thats minor. Tony Softli is big on this guy, greg cosell is too. Just needs to adjust to the big city from a small school. Could be a BEAST if developed properly.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

A small school version of Reuben Randle. Good hands, physical with the ball and without, willing blocker, hard worker. Separation may be a concern.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is online now Registered User

I'm not familiar with him GC... But I'm starting to think if the Rams have 3 or 4 WR that they feel are very close on the board. the Rams could go Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia @ 33 and then come back and lock up the WR that's BPA. This play would assure we get Glenn who was had a first RD grade and will come in and start. Sure Rams nation would storm Rams Park but I don't think Glenn drops to #39. But Reuben Randle, Stephen Hill, Quick, Alshon Jeffery will be there for sure.

I'm thinking this could be the play...
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-27-2012 at 02:04 PM.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    A small school version of Reuben Randle. Good hands, physical with the ball and without, willing blocker, hard worker. Separation may be a concern.
    This. Because of the small school coaching and experience, he's considered a project unable to make an immediate impact. You never know about those things though.

App90 is offline Registered User

Guys I know you may be a little down on the pick but ive watched him since his freshman year, listen to me when I say this. He was under utilized at ASU they had no clue how to use him properly, he was constantly open the last two years way down field but had no one to throw it to him consistently until QB Jackson came along at ASU. Yes he broke alot of records but he should have put them out of reach. He has a great first step, incredible leaping ability, and reals in balls. Hes much faster in the open field. In the big games against Michigan, VT, and ECU hes done well. Works hard to block properly, and run his routes. Hes a hard worker and not a head case. Like we used to say just throw him the ball. Long term this pick should help the Rams. Short term hes going to have to get used to being jammed at the line, and blocking bigger stronger players. Fisher has you guys going in the right direction. Ill check back in a few years but I think you guys will be happy.
    #39 Fan and GROUND DOG 39 like this.

Tampa_Ram is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by App90 View Post
    Guys I know you may be a little down on the pick but ive watched him since his freshman year, listen to me when I say this. He was under utilized at ASU they had no clue how to use him properly, he was constantly open the last two years way down field but had no one to throw it to him consistently until QB Jackson came along at ASU. Yes he broke alot of records but he should have put them out of reach. He has a great first step, incredible leaping ability, and reals in balls. Hes much faster in the open field. In the big games against Michigan, VT, and ECU hes done well. Works hard to block properly, and run his routes. Hes a hard worker and not a head case. Like we used to say just throw him the ball. Long term this pick should help the Rams. Short term hes going to have to get used to being jammed at the line, and blocking bigger stronger players. Fisher has you guys going in the right direction. Ill check back in a few years but I think you guys will be happy.
    Thanks for the personal evaluation man, I'm hoping for the best for him.