Thread: Evan Royster

harrydog is offline Registered User

Evan Royster

What do you think of Evan Royster if he slips to the 5th or 6th round? If he had entered the draft after his junior year he was projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round but he decided to return to Penn State for his senior year. Since Penn State was starting a freshman at QB teams really keyed on stopping Royster so he didn't get a lot of yardage early in the season and it hurt his stock. Plus he was told to bulk up in the off season and it really hurt his quickness early on. Later in the season he got back to his normal playing weight of around 212 and did much better.
    He's probably not going to be a featured back in the NFL but I think he'd be a solid back up. He's a good blocker. He has good acceleration and great vision. He also has good hands catching passes out of the backfield. He's been durable and consistently productive. I think he'd be worth a shot.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Re: Evan Royster

It appears that the Rams may be considering a RB earlier in the draft, like the 2nd or 3rd rounds. That may be a good idea considering that Jackson has had some health issues (back for example) in the past and isn't getting any younger.
    If, on the other hand, RB is not addressed by the time the 5th or 6th rolls around, I think Royster might make sense.

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: Evan Royster

I think there are other guys we would rather have. We have back likes Royster already on the roster. We want a speed guy or someone with a special skill --- Royster is ok all-around, but when drafting RB's late you want either a speed or power guy -- not a weak combo of both.