Wolf is offline Registered User

This is exactly why I don't want Dorsey as much...

NFL Network's Adam Schefter believes that if the Dolphins take Jake Long with the No. 1 overall pick, the Rams will select Glenn Dorsey at No. 2.

The Rams would then move 2007 first-round pick Adam Carriker to end, his natural position. Dorsey would start next to NT Cliff Ryan. Schefter thinks that if Jake and Dorsey go 1-2, Atlanta would lean toward Matt Ryan at No. 3.

from rotoworld.com

Why force Carriker to go back and forth with positions? He proved solid and up and coming last year...so why move him to end and have him try another year of something new? It's either put him next to Dorsey and have an awesome pair of different styles at DT...or get a pass rusher. It's that simple.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: This is exactly why I don't want Dorsey as much...

Which is why I dont want Dorsey either. I don't think Carriker could be a good DE in the NFL. Which is why he was selected to play DT. And Ryan has been good.

I dont like Dorsey. We have two DT's, and we don't need another one.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I don't even think putting the two together factors into the equation, personally. You're still not doing anything to adress your outside pass rush. We got a meager 5.5 sacks from our defensive ends last season, yet we don't look to increase the production of that position through an influx of available talent?

Ramer is offline Registered User

This is just Schefter's option. I read an article the other day that said if Miami selects Jack Long the Rams will with out a doubt select Chris Long.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Ramer its Jake !!!!!!!! lol not Jack you've said Jack so many times. Devaney said on the radio Carriker and Dorsey both would be on the inside I trust him more than Schhefter becuase he is actually making the decision so tisk tisk Mr. schefter

keith m. klink Guest

Coach already said CARRKER and DORSEY would play together on the line in the middle . If you look at what that would look like from the line standpoint after drafting DORSEY. DT's - CARRIKER - DORSEY -RYAN -GLOVER(last year here ) and WROTEN . From the DE's - LITTLE - HALL - V.A. - MOORE .

I'm thinking that with LITTLE -CARRIKER -GLOVER - HALL as the starters and rotate in the next bunch with MOORE ( unless a DE is taken after 1st rd , and starts in this place )- RYAN - DORSEY - HALL .

As a healthy unit , this could be a solid LINE however they shake it out . My thought's keep jumping back to WROTEN . He had said he re-dedicated himself , but we will see what we see i guess . IF we need something for him to do , try him at DE for a season and see if that shakes him up a little .

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Ok, I'm going out on a limb here and asking those who don't want Dorsey this question....have you seen this guy play? He got triple teamed against Vandy and still got in the backfield. Triple teamed. On the D line. If a d lineman is getting double teamed that has to leave one on one on either a DE or a blitzing LB (Spoon). With Carriker and Dorsey plugging the middle, the run game is stopped along the DE's to come off the line hard.

Rambos is offline Registered User

NFL Network's Adam Schefter believes that if the Dolphins take Jake Long with the No. 1 overall pick, the Rams will select Glenn Dorsey at No. 2.

The Rams would then move 2007 first-round pick Adam Carriker to end, his natural position. Dorsey would start next to NT Cliff Ryan. Schefter thinks that if Jake and Dorsey go 1-2, Atlanta would lean toward Matt Ryan at No. 3.
    Here is what Charlie Casserly said real GM; Adam Schefter and Charlie Casserly debate who the Rams will take at No. 2 if Jake Long goes to Miami on NFL Total Access.

Charlie said C. Long would be the pick, said he spoke with coach and the Rams needed LT and outside pass rush and AC will not get a pass rush if moved. Said Little and Hall will may not play 16 games. Adam then came back with McFadden higher on the Rams board then C. Long, he's lost.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Yes, a McFadden sighting on a Rams board.

tx's diabolical plot thickens.....

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Here is what Charlie Casserly said real GM; Adam Schefter and Charlie Casserly debate who the Rams will take at No. 2 if Jake Long goes to Miami on NFL Total Access.

Charlie said C. Long would be the pick, said he spoke with coach and the Rams needed LT and outside pass rush and AC will not get a pass rush if moved. Said Little and Hall will may not play 16 games. Adam then came back with McFadden higher on the Rams board then C. Long, he's lost.
    I agree with Casserly. I was watching that debate between Casserly and Scheffter as well. Casserly was basing his argument on logic and something a Rams executive said to him a few months ago about the #1 need being a "pass rush". Scheffter was basing his argument on who the higher rated player was and probably some anonymous source or leak.

After watching the exchange, I got the feeling that Scheffter "thinks" he knows something - which of course - he might........but Casserly was the more persuasive in his argument.