Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country is offline Registered User

Re: The "experts" say...

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    not only do the coaches love brown, but as a defensive backfield, the other db's believe he is the best one of them. i don't understand why everyone wants him gone now, he is very physical and good cover. we just got rid of fisher, and butler will not be a starter, and now everyone wants brown and chavous out after just signing 5-year contracts, and saying we should have paid the money for clements and draft this kid and that kid. yah they are great college players , but they are just that, college players right now, and if we revamped the whole defense with all these kid's , you would just crap.
    The experst look at our CBs and see no big name guys, I think that this is why they have us taking a CB.

The Rams DT spots are so bad any pick not on those positions is criminal and and Al Davis type move.

keith m. klink Guest

i feel good about our defensive backfield this year, and what we have for the future, even if the experts have a problem with our no names. but i value your input on this country, and the other veteran writers on this site. so what would you think of going into the season with what we have, the same guy's we had as last year. i know this could be used for a differant discusion , but hey, who cares, it's sunday .

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    One thing about Fakir that I really like is when he covers a WR there are no "gimmes". Fakir doesn't give opposing receivers a 10 yd cushion like some of our other dbs have in the past.
    Really?

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Really! An eight yard cushion at the LOS is not unusual -- my point was simply that Brown competes and is more physical than what we have had in the recent past. I think Haslett is aware of this as well which is why Brown is a Ram, and a starter.

Fakir is now 30 yrs old I believe and may not be able to fend off younger and faster guys much longer, time will tell, but for now I am glad he is a Ram

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Really! An eight yard cushion at the LOS is not unusual
    So apparently eight yard cushions are okay, but ten yard cushions aren't?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Nicky .... Nicky .... Nicky ...

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

If the "experts" think we're going to draft a DB, our disinformation campaign is working to a tee.

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    If the "experts" think we're going to draft a DB, our disinformation campaign is working to a tee.
    I think we should draft Jay Cutler, out of Vanderbilt.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Heck, let's just throw five names in a hat and pick out one at our turn.....or better yet.....pull a Viking brain muscle pull and just let the time run out.

keith m. klink Guest

i say , take a QB, that kid out of michigan state. we need a young QB.

itsguud is offline Registered User

HAahha, no way, Let's blow their minds and draft a K/P first. That would be funny. Although I wouldn't laugh when I realized that it was the Rams that just did that.

RealRam is offline Registered User

**SIGH** Pat Kirwan's current mock draft below. **SIGH** :\

1. Oakland: JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU -- The Raiders have a lot of needs, but as long as quarterback is one of them, they have to respond by selecting the guy with the great deep ball. I could see a move down, especially now that Cleveland will not need Adrian Peterson and someone was counting on tackle Joe Thomas or wide receiver Calvin Johnson.

2. Tampa Bay (after trade with Detroit) -- Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech -- There is a relationship between Lions head coach Rod Marinelli and Tampa Bay general manager Bruce Allen and Allen loves to make deals. After the great workout by Johnson, it's time to move up to get him but not until the Raiders make their selection. There's no sense to move up if Johnson is already gone. The Lions get Tampa's second- and fourth-round selections to move down.

3. Cleveland: Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin -- The signing of Jamal Lewis turned the top of this draft upside down. Thomas reminds me of the year general manager Phil Savage, then with the Ravens, took Jonathan Ogden with the third pick in the draft. Thomas can start for 10 years, but the Browns still need a quarterback.

4. Detroit (after trade with Tampa Bay) Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame -- Detroit selects the quarterback of the future and will come back early in the second round with picks Nos. 34 and 35 and get the critical needs at safety and linebacker.

5. Arizona: Gaines Adams, DE Clemson -- The Cardinals could move up for Joe Thomas or move down a slot or two and take Levi Brown, but unless they have a dealmaker in the building, they stay put and improve the pass rush.

6. Washington: ALAN BRANCH, NT, Michigan -- The Redskins will consider the best pass rusher at this spot but Branch is rare and can move for a big man. He may make the defensive ends better by just being on the field. The NFC East wants to run the ball and Branch is the best run stuffer.

7. Atlanta (after trade with Minnesota): LaRON LANDRY, S, LSU -- With Brady Quinn gone, the Vikings are interested in moving down and the Falcons don't want to miss the opportunity to get Landry. Minnesota gets Atlanta's third-round selection to move three spots.

8. Houston: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State -- Signing Ahman Green to run the ball addressed a need for the Texans and Levi Brown addresses another big need. He plugs in at left tackle and plays for 10-plus years. The Texans say they will not move up for Quinn so this is the best choice right now.

9. Miami: AMOBI OKOYE, DT, Louisville -- A young, quick as a hiccup defensive tackle who can disrupt the pass protections and run block scheme is just what the Dolphins need with aging Zack Thomas, Jason Taylor and Joey Porter leading the way.

10. Minnesota (after trade with Atlanta): Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas -- The Vikings still get Anderson to help bolster the pass rush. And with the third-round selection they pick up from Atlanta, the Vikings can put it together with their second-round pick to move up to the bottom of the first round to draft a wide receiver.

11. San Francisco: ADAM CARRIKER, DE, Nebraska -- Carriker is a great fit for coach Mike Nolan and his desire to build a solid 3-4 defense with high-character players. He plugs in as a rookie and holds his spot for eight to 10 years.

12. Buffalo: Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma -- The Bills need a back more than anything now that Willis McGahee has been traded. They may find a player in free agency or a trade but for now this makes perfect sense.

13. St. Louis: Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh -- There was a lot of debate on the Rams' pick this weekend by club executives studying this every day. Last week it was Leon Hall, but when Revis turned in a 4.39 40-yard dash with his size, they switch.

14. Carolina: Patrick Willis, LB, Mississippi

15. Pittsburgh: Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn State

16. Green Bay: Marshawn Lynch, RB, California

17. Jacksonville: Reggie Nelson, S, Florida

18. Cincinnati: Leon Hall, CB, Michigan

19. Tennessee: Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC

20. N.Y. Giants: Lawrence Timmons, OLB, Florida State

21. Denver: Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida

22. Dallas: Michael Griffin, S, Texas

23. Kansas City: Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State

24. New Orleans (after trade with New England): Greg Olsen, TE, Miami

25. N.Y. Jets: Aaron Ross, CB, Texas

26. Philadelphia: Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas

27. New England (after trade with New Orleans): Anthony Spencer, LB/DE, Purdue

28. New England: Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State

29. Baltimore: Ryan Kalil, C, USC

30. San Diego: Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee

31. Chicago: Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU

32. Indianapolis: Jon Beason, OLB, Miami

I like Kirwan but sure dislike these predictions! Well, up to No. 13 anyway.
    Last edited by RealRam; -03-22-2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Format

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12