Tony Soprano Guest

Experts showing a TREND that Ngata may be available for us

I've noticed the Experts coming around to recognize that Buffalo's Scheme doesn't call for a BiG Run-Stuffer. Kiper, for the first time, shows Ngata falling out of the Top 10 (because Buffalo passes on him) AND this From USAToday / Draft Expert Rob Rang:

Independence, Ohio: I've heard the Bills are not sure if Ngata really fits their scheme. Is that true? If not, does that give the Browns hope he might fall to them?

Rob Rang: Perry Fewell is the new Buffalo defensive coordinator. He previously was with Chicago, who operate a highly aggressive scheme that takes advantage of quick pass rushers on the interior. Ngata has some quickness, but his strength is... well, his strength. He's a terrific run stopper in the molds of past Buffalo DTs Sam Adams and Pat Williams, but doesn't fit the new scheme as well. I like Brodrick Bunkley for Buffalo a lot more, though the team might go in a completely different direction with Vernon Davis, etc. Ultimately I do believe Ngata has a chance to be available to Cleveland and that he would be a superb choice for them as a nose guard.
    Last edited by Tony Soprano; -04-01-2006 at 02:01 AM.