Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LEEDSRAM is offline Registered User

Experts tipping J. Long for the Rams.

Having checked out 22 mock drafts and who they think the Rams will pick the results are as follows:
    G. Dorsey 4
    V. Gholston 3
    J. Long 13
    C. Long 1

lets wait to see if the experts are correct. I for one would not be disapointed.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Re: Experts tipping J. Long for the Rams.

It's obvious then. We'll take McFadden.

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    It's obvious then. We'll take McFadden.
    Lol...it's funny now, but it won't be on draft day.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Not every person with a cite is an expert

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I guess it's safe to say the experts expect Chris Long to be snatched up by Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I guess it's safe to say the experts expect Chris Long to be snatched up by Miami.
    That certainly would suit me fine, especially after reading that Gholston is a Rams fan.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    That certainly would suit me fine, especially after reading that Gholston is a Rams fan.
    I'd prefer Long, but I could certainly live with Gholston.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'd prefer Long, but I could certainly live with Gholston.
    We all could. The only reason why I would want Gholston is if Miami takes Long...and I really believe they will.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I will take a pass on Gholston, I have J. Long as the pick if C. Long is gone. I would not take Gholston at the number two spot in the draft, just too high IMO.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

This isn't exactly on subject but it relates to all this draft discussion we have enjoyed the last several weeks.

I'm beginning to believe that having a top ten pick in the draft is more of a curse than a gift. Without a lid on the contract demands these top ten rookies demand, the teams that pick them are really at a disadvantage. Much has been hashed over on this site about the huge gambles teams take with these high draft picks and rightfully so. There are probably as many busts as not in the first 10 picks over the years.

As a solution, I would like to see the NFL and Players Union agree to do what the NBA has done and structure the money that first rounders can demand/get. This would take some of the sting out of some of these contracts as well as speed up the negotiations process insuring that the draftees get into camp promptly. This could also lead to more trades between teams to move up in the draft, which means more fun for us fans.
    Last edited by Chris58; -03-30-2008 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I will take a pass on Gholston, I have J. Long as the pick if C. Long is gone. I would not take Gholston at the number two spot in the draft, just too high IMO.
    Too high for a guy that's likely to lead your team in sacks and or QB pressures every year huh?

I like Chris Long, but my belief is, he's much closer to reaching his peak as a football player than Gholston. That is to say, that Vernon Gholston is just now tapping into his talent. And that is to say that the sky is the limit for Gholston, whereas the sky is closing in on Chris Long.

I see Long as a steady, well rounded end who will not get much better. But Gholston will be a terror that only gets better every year. If a player with game changing potential is not worth the second pick, nobody is.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Rams offensive woes were due to injury on o'line !
    The Defense is stil bad , with NO pass rush ! I would love for the Rams to take Dorsey or Gholston . The draft is heavy with good Quality OT's , that can be picked up in 2nd round if needed . The Rams could always move A.C. to DE if pick up Dorsey .

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    I'm beginning to believe that having a top ten pick in the draft is more of a curse than a gift. Without a lid on the contract demands these top ten rookies demand, the teams that pick them are really at a disadvantage. Much has been hashed over on this site about the huge gambles teams take with these high draft picks and rightfully so. There are probably as many busts as not in the first 10 picks over the years.

As a solution, I would like to see the NFL and Players Union agree to do what the NBA has done and structure the money that first rounders can demand/get. This would take some of the sting out of some of these contracts as well as speed up the negotiations process insuring that the draftees get into camp promptly. This could also lead to more trades between teams to move up in the draft, which means more fun for us fans.
    You and all of the owners of the 32 teams and the fans of the top 10 teams would love that. The issue is that the players union is apparently against such a proposal, which really makes no sense to me whatsoever. The players union represents the current and former players of the NFL. So, by opposing such a measure, the players wish to continue rewarding a few individuals that have proved nothing in the NFL, as opposed to freeing up money to be used for the veterans that have proven themselves and possibly even the retired players who need it the most. I really don't understand how they can feel that way. If you slot draft picks, then the whole operation works smoother, from the draft(allows trades to be more manageable and fruitful, not to mention a return to how the draft was envisioned), to free agency(imagine, even more money freed up to pay marginal talent free agents!), to training camp, by eliminating holdouts.

The players just elected a new main representative, why don't you write him an email about the subject, I'm sure you could find an address for him.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

This Rams team has so many holes that it is easier to pick what isn't than what is:

RB
    QB
    MLB

Outside of those three positions (that pertain to a #1 pick, don't anyone try to get smart and say we don't need a K), the Rams have a legit need at such a high draft pick.

That's why I don't think even this regime (which to me is ten times worse than Martz but I digress) can screw this up.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Too high for a guy that's likely to lead your team in sacks and or QB pressures every year huh?

I like Chris Long, but my belief is, he's much closer to reaching his peak as a football player than Gholston. That is to say, that Vernon Gholston is just now tapping into his talent. And that is to say that the sky is the limit for Gholston, whereas the sky is closing in on Chris Long.

I see Long as a steady, well rounded end who will not get much better. But Gholston will be a terror that only gets better every year. If a player with game changing potential is not worth the second pick, nobody is.
    there is no way to know that Gholston will lead the team in sacks,I agree the potential is there but alot of guys have been drafted for there potential and never pan out,as TX says the draft is a crapshoot and for that reason I go with Rambos and pick Jake Long,but that is only if Chris Long is selected by the Dolphins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast