Thread: FA big 3

39thebeast is offline Registered User

FA big 3

The 3 guys I would spend big FA dollars on besides them I would go with cheaper younger guys or vets to fill holes.

1. Nmandi Asomugha, CB, Raiders- Top 10 player in the league at 29 don't come cheap. True shut down corner

2. Sidney Rice, WR, Vikings- If by some chance the Vikes let him go because they have a ton of Free Agents Pat Williams, Ray Edwards, and Chad Greenway. He has great size speed hands, can run all the routes, and is already a proven WR. The reason he is on this list and guys like Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, and Vincent Jackson aren't is because he is 24 years old. He 2 years older than AJ green, 4 years older than Justin Blackmon and 3 years older than Julio Jones.

3. Chad Greenway, LB, Vikings- Greenway has established himself as one of the best 4-3 LBs in the league he has great size, sideline to sideline range, he can cover, and he is one of he better run defenders in the league. As mentioned, the Vikings have a ton of high profile FAs so if the Rams want to spend big money on an LB Greenway is the guy

itsguud is offline Registered User

Re: FA big 3

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    The 3 guys I would spend big FA dollars on besides them I would go with cheaper younger guys or vets to fill holes.

1. Nmandi Asomugha, CB, Raiders- Top 10 player in the league at 29 don't come cheap. True shut down corner

2. Sidney Rice, WR, Vikings- If by some chance the Vikes let him go because they have a ton of Free Agents Pat Williams, Ray Edwards, and Chad Greenway. He has great size speed hands, can run all the routes, and is already a proven WR. The reason he is on this list and guys like Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, and Vincent Jackson aren't is because he is 24 years old. He 2 years older than AJ green, 4 years older than Justin Blackmon and 3 years older than Julio Jones.

3. Chad Greenway, LB, Vikings- Greenway has established himself as one of the best 4-3 LBs in the league he has great size, sideline to sideline range, he can cover, and he is one of he better run defenders in the league. As mentioned, the Vikings have a ton of high profile FAs so if the Rams want to spend big money on an LB Greenway is the guy
    1. Nmandi is a great potential guy. Getting a little older and didn't produce the same as he did in his one break out year. I have concern for players who have had 1-2 great years received a big paycheck and all the media for it boosting their stock. I prefer guys who have had many good years like OJ. I'd only take this guy for a 10-15 range salary CB

2. Rice, you mentioned only above the other guys b/c of age. I disagree with that specific statement. I think Rice has top 5 WR potential. He is better then VJ, Edwards or Holmes IMO. AND yeah he is much younger. I'd love to get this guy.

3. Greenway - great player would be a great addition and second to WR in area of need. He should be our number one target in FA as I don't see Rice going free.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    1. Nmandi is a great potential guy. Getting a little older and didn't produce the same as he did in his one break out year. I have concern for players who have had 1-2 great years received a big paycheck and all the media for it boosting their stock. I prefer guys who have had many good years like OJ. I'd only take this guy for a 10-15 range salary CB

2. Rice, you mentioned only above the other guys b/c of age. I disagree with that specific statement. I think Rice has top 5 WR potential. He is better then VJ, Edwards or Holmes IMO. AND yeah he is much younger. I'd love to get this guy.

3. Greenway - great player would be a great addition and second to WR in area of need. He should be our number one target in FA as I don't see Rice going free.
    1. Be careful when you are grading Nnamdi, there is a reason why he has only had three picks since his 8 pick year, no QB's attack him. Would be interested in times targeted and receptions allowed stats, could guarantee you his ratio is one of the best, and his targets is lowest in the league. He is a true shut down corner, and cuts the field in half for a defense.

2. Have to admit, didn't even think about how young he is. The hip injury throws up a red flag, but the Vikings offense struggled mightily without providing a guy Favre could sling the ball to when he was in trouble.

3. Stud 4-3 OLBs are hard to find. I think Greenway qualifies, and would love to add him.
    Last edited by C-Mob 71; -01-11-2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: wrong injury, oops

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    1. Be careful when you are grading Nnamdi, there is a reason why he has only had three picks since his 8 pick year, no QB's attack him. Would be interested in times targeted and receptions allowed stats, could guarantee you his ratio is one of the best, and his targets is lowest in the league. He is a true shut down corner, and cuts the field in half for a defense.
    via espn:

Asomugha is one of the league's best man-to-man cornerbacks, with most teams choosing not to throw to his side of the field. According to STATS LLC, Asomugha was targeted on just 33 pass attempts this season. He allowed 13 completions for 205 yards and no touchdowns, burnishing his reputation as a shutdown cornerback.

It's hard to earn a lot of "stats" when that is how offenses play you.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Nmandi is the best CB in the league, just ahead of Revis island. I have absolutely no idea how he fits Spags scheme, but it seems like he's a physical man to man type guy. The problem is the money. Wasn't he supposed to get like 15 mil this year. He might want elite quarterback money, and the Rams aren't dishing it out. Having him on the roster would make a ridiculously good defensive back corps however.

To clarify Rice is a better WR than all those guys in general its just that if he was 27 he wouldn't be on my list. Also he had a hip injury not a knee, given his QB play he looked pretty good when he came back. He made one of the most amazing grabs I have ever seen between 2 Buffalo Defenders.

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

i dont think i would worry about asomugha.
    bartell and fletcher are pretty good starters, i would rather look for help at nickel and save the big bucks for WR or LB as mentioned

lostsoul is offline Registered User

i would want Rice the most of the three, Then draft Pouncey in the first, an OLB or DT in the 2nd and JacQuizz Rodgers in the 3rd.
    That way we get a huge upgrade on the O-line, two playmakers on offense and a starter on defense

ramfan56 is offline Registered User

Grab greenway and we Ram fan could sleep better at night.

richtree is offline Registered User

Can we just all agree that we need to be more aggressive this year in the Free Agent market. Last year we waited to go after anyone, including a RB 2 and it made us look cheap and unmotivated.

This year we have a franchise QB in place and need some talent to takeover a weak division.

Tight End is weak in the draft this year, so maybe we can go after Owen Daniels/Zach Miller and down the list since there isn't any great options in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Can we just all agree that we need to be more aggressive this year in the Free Agent market. Last year we waited to go after anyone, including a RB 2 and it made us look cheap and unmotivated.

This year we have a franchise QB in place and need some talent to takeover a weak division.

Tight End is weak in the draft this year, so maybe we can go after Owen Daniels/Zach Miller and down the list since there isn't any great options in the draft.
    Last yea the CBA changed the rules and most young ascending players we would wan to sign were Restricted Free Agents and everyone was tendered. I guess the rest of the league looked cheap and unmotivated too because there were only 2 or 3 big signings.

I like Zach Miller, but I would rather continue to develop our own young guys Oh-Oh and Fendi

richtree is offline Registered User

I think we have one thing really working against us here. How are we going to convince a guy like Sidney Rice that we will actually start throwing the ball down the field after a season of playing as one of the most conservative team's in the league.

If you are Sidney Rice and you can go to a team like GB, Indy, NE, ATL, SD, etc...where he would probably be a potential pro-bowler for 5 years. It's very hard to convince any WR that wants to play in a pass heavy offense to put up big numbers without paying some $$$$$.

Seattle's offense looked like the 1984 SanFran team and the Rams looked like a team with no identity on offense during week 16.

WE NEED TO GET A TOP Tight End. Miller, Boss, Daniels -- overpay for one of them and build the offense with young athletes in the draft. Clayton is a legit #2 WR with Avery coming back we will have good depth and competition.

I could keep writing but I'll let some other comments come in....Rams !

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Asomugha is the best CB in the league. Oh my I would love to have him here. He basically shuts down the other teams #1 WR. That would put Bartell against #2's and Fletcher against #3's. This makes every CB we have that much better. Also, Asomugha being himself(shutting down all WR's) would make a QB panic more, giving our D line more time to kill the opposing QB.