View Poll Results: Would you/would the Bucs make this trade?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would, but I doubt the Bucs would.

34 55.74%
  • I would, and I think the Bucs would too.

13 21.31%
  • I wouldn't, and I don't think the Bucs would either.

4 6.56%
  • I wouldn't, but the Bucs would.

10 16.39%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Re: A Fair Rams/Bucs Trade Proposal

I think Detroit could/should be in love with Russel Okung as much as-- if not more than G. McCoy. From a logic standpoint alone, they just spent 70 million on a franchise QB who spent 1/4 of the season injured. You don't think they want to keep him on his feet? I see them taking a LT to help Stafford, it's a much bigger need for them. Also there is rumor that Gunther Cunningham (the d-coordinator) is trying to make a play for Dorsey to come to Detroit so they're looking for help elsewhere.

Should the Rams consider this trade? Absolutely. No matter what shakes out as a result of us moving to number 3 we'll end up drafting a player we need.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    Would Detroit do that? If they made that trade they would have to know that the rams would either take Claussen or McCoy. If we took McCoy it would mess up their draft board. I just don't see Detroit willing to make this trade if it costs them one of the DT's.
    The Lions are like the Rams in severely lacking talent at many positions. They can use all of the picks that they can get and if the Redskins are desperate to get Bradford then they might give up a lot in a trade up scenario.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Like how washington won so many games last year? Sorry, I just don't see how one player (who isn't bust proof BTW) would change our entire team around. Get a lot of good quality picks to build up a talent base.
    If there is a player in this draft who is perfect, it's Suh. But i'm not a "what if" guy. I wanna hear a logical argument. So next time you post, state your reasons why Suh could be a bust.

And if you dnt understand the impact a great DT will have on a D-line, google the former Rams hall of famer, Merlin Olsen. He was the anchor to the Fearsome Foursome of the 60's and the Fearsome Foursome of the 70's. It's a very important postition that enables the rest of the D-line to be effective.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

This idea doesnt sit too well with me, the front office havent given me any confidence where player evaluation goes. They also have not totally flunked.
    The team needs difference makers more than anything else, like every team.
    Still dont think this team is in position to take chances in the draft, remember the 2006 draft with Tye" ALL DOWN" Hill and forgot his name in the 3rd round, were taken.
    A lot of these scenario's come down to the quality of GM and coach?
    God that 06 draft was bad, funny thing is, that day. I was praising the new staff for their trade.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I'd do that and I'd throw in the 5th round pick we got from the Eagles to make it close to straight up equal. I'm not sure Tampa would do it but the idea of having a guy similar to Sapp to rebuild around would probably be a sell that franchise could make to it's public.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    If there is a player in this draft who is perfect, it's Suh. But i'm not a "what if" guy. I wanna hear a logical argument. So next time you post, state your reasons why Suh could be a bust.

And if you dnt understand the impact a great DT will have on a D-line, google the former Rams hall of famer, Merlin Olsen. He was the anchor to the Fearsome Foursome of the 60's and the Fearsome Foursome of the 70's. It's a very important postition that enables the rest of the D-line to be effective.
    Mainly because no prospect is bust prof I am in no way saying he will be one but he still could be, we just don't know for sure. My concern with getting a DT is look at Washington, they spent all that money on Haynesworth and they thought that he would change their D around, they however did not and were just awful last year. But that's just is my opinion.

npow81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sntlouisrams View Post
    To all the people jumping down AV's throat about McCoy not being there at 3 because Detroit would take him. READ WHAT HE SAID

I would make this trade. It would allow the Rams to either (1) take Bradford at No. 3, if they believe he is "their guy," or (2) if Washington were to jump to No. 2 and take Bradford, to take Gerald McCoy

IF WASHINGTON JUMPED TO 2ND (that replaces Detroit with Washington for those that needed it clearly pointed out)
    You are right that is what he said, the point is that there is no way that Detroit would go to four (absent a remarkable deal) and lose on both of the DTs.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Mainly because no prospect is bust prof I am in no way saying he will be one but he still could be, we just don't know for sure. My concern with getting a DT is look at Washington, they spent all that money on Haynesworth and they thought that he would change their D around, they however did not and were just awful last year. But that's just is my opinion.
    I disagree on the Haynesworth point for several reasons. First, he missed 6 games due to injury last season. It doesn't matter whether you get a defensive tackle or a quarterback, he's not going to make plays when he doesn't suit up. Second, I would point out that the Redskins were ranked 10th in the league in defensive yards allowed and tied for 8th in sacks. Depending on how you look at it, you could argue that Orakpo had more to do with that improvement than Haynesworth or that Orakpo was so successful in part because he was playing on a line with Haynesworth. Either way, Washington's defensive line went from being a major weakness in 2008 to perhaps the team's only strength in 2009. Of course, Washington's offense was still awful.

Quote Originally Posted by ground dog 39 View Post
    this idea doesnt sit too well with me, the front office havent given me any confidence where player evaluation goes. They also have not totally flunked.
    The team needs difference makers more than anything else, like every team.
    Still dont think this team is in position to take chances in the draft, remember the 2006 draft with tye" all down" hill and forgot his name in the 3rd round, were taken.
    A lot of these scenario's come down to the quality of gm and coach?
    God that 06 draft was bad, funny thing is, that day. I was praising the new staff for their trade.
    devaney and company were not here in 2006, how could the front office now be responsible for then?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I would take the trade without question. This draft class is deep, probably the deepest in talent that's been seen in a long time.

If we do trade with Tampa, what do we get?

We get a top 3 overall pick, a top 3 second round pick, and a top 3 3rd round pick.

Combined with our current picks, we will have:

1st round pick
    2nd round pick
    2nd round pick
    3rd round pick
    3rd round pick
    5th round pick
    5th round pick
    6th round pick
    7th round pick
    7th round pick

I don't know about you, but we'd have FIVE picks in the first 3 rounds, and they're all early picks each time. That sounds like a very good deal to me.

In this draft, there are starter-potential players as late as the 4th round, maybe even 5th. There are guys that would normally be projected in the late 1st round, early 2nd round be projected to go in the 3rd or 4th round this year because of how deep this class is.

We could potentially have this type of draft:

1st round - QB of the future
    2nd round - Great talent/playmaker for our new QB
    2nd round - new starter for our defense
    3rd round - new starter for our offense
    3rd round - new starter for our defense

Major30 is offline Registered User

Did anyone hear about the proposed trade reported on NFL network? Rams trade #1 to Tampa for #3 pick, and Josh Freeman and I think a 4th as well.

Maverick720 is offline Registered User

Hello,

Bucs fan here. I thought I would give an "other team" in this trade a voice. (Or at least try to )

I believe the Bucs WOULD trade with the Rams if it's looking likely that the two top defensive tackles are going to go #1 and #2. Simply put, that is our biggest need and in this draft it matches the actual value of the selection range. A rare thing indeed. As a fan, I believe the Bucs can't afford to sit on their hands in this one.

That said, I am not too sure on the Bucs giving up THAT much in one draft. Would I personally do it? If it was a guarantee that we get neither of those guys if we sit at #3, then yes probably. We have a plethora of picks this year.

As fans of the Rams I was wondering what your take on a trade such as:

The Bucs receiving the first overall selection and your sixth round selection in exchange for the third overall selection, the Chicago Bears second rounder, our second rounder next year and our fourth rounder this year.

(Using the TVC it would equate to Rams getting 3184/3204 points in value depending on the Chicago/Jacksonville coin flip and the Bucs receiving 3027 points in value.) (Note: I averaged the second rounder in the 2011 draft to the 16th in the round, as it could go either way)

Is that too spread out in your opinions? I think the Bucs would likely pull this trade as it spreads out the damage in one draft. You must remember we are in terrible shape with depth and talent in certain areas as well and this trade would allow both our teams to add a number of players in the early rounds of this draft.

I don't really see players already on our team being in the works, as the players you would likely want we flat out can't afford to trade away.
    Last edited by Maverick720; -02-21-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick720 View Post
    Hello,

Bucs fan here. I thought I would give an "other team" in this trade a voice. (Or at least try to )

I believe the Bucs WOULD trade with the Rams if it's looking likely that the two top defensive tackles are going to go #1 and #2. Simply put, that is our biggest need and in this draft it matches the actual value of the selection range. A rare thing indeed. As a fan, I believe the Bucs can't afford to sit on their hands in this one.

That said, I am not too sure on the Bucs giving up THAT much in one draft. Would I personally do it? If it was a guarantee that we get neither of those guys if we sit at #3, then yes probably. We have a plethora of picks this year.

As fans of the Rams I was wondering what your take on a trade such as:

The Bucs receiving the first overall selection and your sixth round selection in exchange for the third overall selection, the Chicago Bears second rounder, our second rounder next year and our fourth rounder this year.

(Using the TVC it would equate to Rams getting 3184/3204 points in value depending on the Chicago/Jacksonville coin flip and the Bucs receiving 3027 points in value.) (Note: I averaged the second rounder in the 2011 draft to the 16th in the round, as it could go either way)

Is that too spread out in your opinions? I think the Bucs would likely pull this trade as it spreads out the damage in one draft. You must remember we are in terrible shape with depth and talent in certain areas as well and this trade would allow both our teams to add a number of players in the early rounds of this draft.

I don't really see players already on our team being in the works, as the players you would likely want we flat out can't afford to trade away.
    I'm not sure the Rams need much more depth,(my opinion, but our GM and coach have said as much.) Last year the rams we're trying to fill holes. But after last season, the dust has kinda settled and some legit starters rose to the top. That being said, I believe the Ram's focus is now to acquire playmakers, not a ton of depth. We need a couple players who can be a threat for other teams. We need a big time QB, 1 big time WR , maybe 1 or 2 D-linemen, and then 1 starting LB.

The funny thing is, outsiders seem to believe the Rams will compromise quality for need. Maybe in the past that may have been true, but this new regime seems to be hell bent on building the team the right way. We will take a QB only if they feel he is the right guy, they wont be pressured because of need. If Suh is the best player in this draft, the rams won't let him slip by. And I dont think they'll trade him away for a fair trade either. Bucs would have to sign over the farm if ya know what I mean. We need a dominant DT just as bad as we need a QB.

Its not like the Rams are gonna have a bad draft this year, we are picking #1 at the top of every round. So it's not like we need more picks. If there is to be a trade, I would guess the Bucs will have to trade some 2011 draft picks in addition to this year.

Ramzee is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    I'm not sure the Rams need much more depth,(my opinion, but our GM and coach have said as much.) Last year the rams we're trying to fill holes. But after last season, the dust has kinda settled and some legit starters rose to the top. That being said, I believe the Ram's focus is now to acquire playmakers, not a ton of depth. We need a couple players who can be a threat for other teams. We need a big time QB, 1 big time WR , maybe 1 or 2 D-linemen, and then 1 starting LB.

The funny thing is, outsiders seem to believe the Rams will compromise quality for need. Maybe in the past that may have been true, but this new regime seems to be hell bent on building the team the right way. We will take a QB only if they feel he is the right guy, they wont be pressured because of need. If Suh is the best player in this draft, the rams won't let him slip by. And I dont think they'll trade him away for a fair trade either. Bucs would have to sign over the farm if ya know what I mean. We need a dominant DT just as bad as we need a QB.

Its not like the Rams are gonna have a bad draft this year, we are picking #1 at the top of every round. So it's not like we need more picks. If there is to be a trade, I would guess the Bucs will have to trade some 2011 draft picks in addition to this year.
    Forget depth, we won't be able to address all of our needs for "starters" this year, even with FA and the draft combined. We could still use extra picks to help get a talent infusion in here.

Ramzee is offline Registered User

As much as people would like to think Suh is bust proof, he is not. Very few prospects ever are considered can't miss, if any and I don't see why he would be one of them. Not that can't miss actually means can't miss. Plenty have those have been misses too. As great as a collegiate DT he has been, it could happen to him too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast