Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Falconator Guest

Falcon fan here: Who you guys taking @ #2 overall?

I've been reading your website - great forum. Obviously, I'm an Atlanta Falcon fan, trolling for information. I love the NFL draft and it should be lots of fun.

Obviously what the Rams do at #2 overall could dramatically impact what the Falcons do at #3. The sentiment down here in the A-T-L is nobody wants Matt Ryan in 1st round and most of us want either Brohm/Flacco/Henne with one of our 2nd round picks - doubt you guys care - but there it is.

Most of us down here want either Jake Long or Glen Dorsey for the Falcons - obviously the Rams are interested in both of these guys and possibly both Defensive Ends - Chris Long and Vernon Gholston.

It now seems MOST likely that the Dolphins are going to take Jake Long since they have a need there as well and have started contract negotiations - of course, that is subject to change. I would think that Miami will end up w/ Jake Long though.

Now, we come to you guys......Is it going to be Chris Long at DE? Glen Dorsey at DT? or Vernon Gholston at DE/OLB? Of course, we in Atlanta hope you guys don't take Glen Dorsey but I keep hearing "rumblings" that the Rams really like Dorsey - seems like Defensive End would be more of a need.

What do you guys think? What is the conventional wisdom of you die-hard Rams fans on what the Rams will do at #2 if Jake Long goes #1 - please advise - i love hearing from the fans.....thanks!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Falcon fan here: Who you guys taking @ #2 overall?

It's according to who posts. Me, I'll take Dorsey.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I think its down to Chris Long and Jake Long. Chris Long being the obvious favorite seeing we have a big gap at DE.

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    It's according to who posts. Me, I'll take Dorsey.
    ok - thanks for responding txramsfan - are you in the minority? is it 50/50 Chris Long vs. Glen Dorsey - or what would you say is the overall thoughts of this message board? and, more importantly what do the local beatwriters for the St. Louis newspaper think, etc., etc......

anbody else can respond too....please.

Falconator Guest

btw, how can i put an avatar in here?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Its gotta be Chris Long. He is the biggest need and a fantastic player. He is the pass rusher, leader, and the beast against the run we need to put opposite Leonard little. He is also our biggest need. If the FO thinks Dorsey is that once in a life time prospect who can 8-10 sacks and is the next Warren Sapp I think they would go with him. I don't Jake Long is a lock at 1 so I wouldn't count him out there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    ok - thanks for responding txramsfan - are you in the minority? is it 50/50 Chris Long vs. Glen Dorsey - or what would you say is the overall thoughts of this message board? and, more importantly what do the local beatwriters for the St. Louis newspaper think, etc., etc......

Well as anybody will see. It's down to the fantastic 4. C Long, J Long, G Dorsey, V Gholston.

Chris Long will be taken no matter what if he's available at #2.

The 50/50 is down to Jake Long and Glen Dorsey. It'll be a difficult pick for the rams, since both these players, an OT and a DT, we have players in those positions who have performed ok to say the least. It'll be difficult to choose between Jake Long (who can be Orlando Pace's replacement in a few years). Glen Dorsey who happens to be the player who's skill you normally don't see coming out of college.

Vernon Gholston is the trade down option, unless something else proves that he is worthy of the #2 pick. I personally think that the Rams should go for Gholston if Chris Long is gone at #2, but 90% of the board thinks we should trade down for him.

Falconator Guest

thanks 39, thanks mooselini.....keep'em coming - love the feedback. right now its 2-1 Chris Long....

Around here I would have to say it is mostly Chris Long, so I would think Tex is in the minority. I have to say I have become a bigger and bigger Jake Long over the weeks. Its pretty much Long, Long, Dorsey IMO

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Well as anybody will see. It's down to the fantastic 4. C Long, J Long, G Dorsey, V Gholston.

Chris Long will be taken no matter what if he's available at #2.

The 50/50 is down to Jake Long and Glen Dorsey. It'll be a difficult pick for the rams, since both these players, an OT and a DT, we have players in those positions who have performed ok to say the least. It'll be difficult to choose between Jake Long (who can be Orlando Pace's replacement in a few years). Glen Dorsey who happens to be the player who's skill you normally don't see coming out of college.

Vernon Gholston is the trade down option, unless something else proves that he is worthy of the #2 pick. I personally think that the Rams should go for Gholston if Chris Long is gone at #2, but 90% of the board thinks we should trade down for him.
    wow.....OK - well that would work well for the Falcons and ME. I just want the Falcons to end up with either Jake Long or Glen Dorsey - so, if the Rams will take Chris Long(no matter what - according to you) then there is NO WAY that either Jake or Dorsey would not fall to Falcons......that's good news for us Falcon fans - hope you are right, Mooselini - you sound confident.....

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Around here I would have to say it is mostly Chris Long, so I would think Tex is in the minority. I have to say I have become a bigger and bigger Jake Long over the weeks. Its pretty much Long, Long, Dorsey IMO
    So 39,

would you agree with Mooselini that if Miami goes Jake Long that the Rams would most likely take Chris Long over Dorsey - obviously you want that to happen - but what are you guys hearing up their in S-T-L?

So 39,

would you agree with Mooselini that if Miami goes Jake Long that the Rams would most likely take Chris Long over Dorsey - obviously you want that to happen - but what are you guys hearing up their in S-T-L?
    Jim Thomas an STL beat writer thinks its down to the 2 Longs Jake and Chris and we will most likely take the one Miami doesn't. Haslett really wants Dorsey. Devaney and Linnehan want Jake Long. Linnehan and Haslett want Chris Long. An article was written today on stltoday that Jake might be the preferable target

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Jim Thomas an STL beat writer thinks its down to the 2 Longs Jake and Chris and we will most likely take the one Miami doesn't. Haslett really wants Dorsey. Devaney and Linnehan want Jake Long. Linnehan and Haslett want Chris Long. An article was written today on stltoday that Jake might be the preferable target
    great feedback......thanks 39.....you guys are cool - thanks Mooselini, thanks txramsfan.....hope you guys get your man in Chris Long. He's a great player - reminds me a lot of Patrick Kerney who I loved as an Atlanta Falcon - wish we still had him....ugh!

great feedback......thanks 39.....you guys are cool - thanks Mooselini, thanks txramsfan.....hope you guys get your man in Chris Long. He's a great player - reminds me a lot of Patrick Kerney who I loved as an Atlanta Falcon - wish we still had him....ugh!
    We do too, he hit our players pretty hard as a Hawk last year. Difficult to watch.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Hate to rain on your parade, Falconator; but I believe at this point in time the Rams have Jake Long and Glen Dorsey at 1 and 2 at the top of their draft board. The only way this could change is if Dorsey fails his medical exam which he is scheduled to have this weekend in St. Louis; but don't count on it. If Miami selects Jake Long you can count on the Rams taking Glen Dorsey at number 2. But this brings up a different subject: Why don't the Falcons offer us one of your THREE 2nd round picks to exchange places with us? That way ya'll would be assured of scoring one of these fine prospects.

WHAT SAY YE?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast