Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Falconator Guest

Re: Falcon fan here: Who you guys taking @ #2 overall?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Why do you think Mr. Falconator is so interested he wants the Falcons to get Dorsey.

Set them straight Mr. Falconator.....

GO RAMS
    why don't you guys take Chris Long with your 1st round pick and then take the DT from Auburn(Pat Sims), Maryland(Dre Moore) or Notre Dame(Trevor Laws) with your 2nd round pick - that would fix your D-Line when added to Leonard Little and Adam Carriker.

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I believe it! He's buddies with Jack Del Rio from both Baltimore and Jacksonville, and should bring that same smash-mouth mentality to Atlanta.

I know I'd be excited if I were you guys.
    agreed HUbison - I am excited. I am glad that Mike Smith and our new GM(from Patriots) Thomas Dimitroff decided to just "blow the team up" and start over. Its tough to do but it needed to be done. DeAngelo Hall was the "worst of the worst" as far as his attitude - and he was always popping off in the media - what a complete loser. Alge Crumpler and Warrick Dunn were "good people" but both were on downhill side of careers and it was proper in my estimation to let them go.

I "LOVED" the signing of Michael Turner - think he compares as maybe a "poor man's" version of Steven Jackson - like "Turner the Burner" a lot. I think the Falcons did not want to risk drafting someone like McFadden with the #3 pick due to his character issues - believe me when I tell you the Falcons have ZERO tolerance towards players with character issues after the Michael Vick affair and the DeAngelo Hall fatigue.

Falcons will be BAD for one more year next year in 2008 but I think you will see them turn the corner in 2009 assuming they draft well.............

Assuming you guys pass on Glen Dorsey - I would look for Falcons to take Dorsey at #3, grab either Brian Brohm or Joe Flacco at #34 and then take the highest rated Offensive Tackle and Cornerback at picks #48 and #68. That's my best guess...

general counsel is offline Registered User

Neither broehm nor flacco will be around at 34. By the way, as a rams fan that lives in atlanta, i agree completely with your view of the team. They had a productive off season. I was surprised they kept brooking, another guy that makes a lot of money and is on the downside, but i guess that is like an institution for you guys, he has been a great falcon for a long time.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator
    I would look for Falcons to take Dorsey at #3, grab either Brian Brohm or Joe Flacco at #34 and then take the highest rated Offensive Tackle and Cornerback at picks #48 and #68.
    What about #37?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Neither broehm nor flacco will be around at 34. By the way, as a rams fan that lives in atlanta, i agree completely with your view of the team. They had a productive off season. I was surprised they kept brooking, another guy that makes a lot of money and is on the downside, but i guess that is like an institution for you guys, he has been a great falcon for a long time.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    thanks general counsel - i concur - falcons are on "up-swing" now hopefully - long way to go though.

as far as Flacco/Brohm - your probably right that Brohm won't be there but I think Falcons could trade up a few spots to get him. I think Flacco will be there at #34......never know though.

btw, i'm guessing with your screen name that you are an attorney, right?

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    What about #37?
    I think Falcons will have to "trade up" to secure Brian Brohm. Since we are getting specific - this is my BEST GUESS:

Falcons Draft:
    1-03) Glen Dorsey, DT-LSU
    1-28) Brian Brohm, QB-Louisville (f/ Dallas)*
    2-37) Carl Nicks, RT-Nebraska
    2-48) Anthony Collins, LT-Kansas (f/ Houston-Matt Schaub trade)
    3-98) Phillip Wheeler, ILB-Georgia Tech
    4-105) Eddie Royal, WR/KR-Virginia Tech
    5th) Frank Okam, DT-Texas
    6th) Brian Johnston, DE-Gardner-Webb
    7th) Fernando Velasco OG/OC-Georgia
    7th) Mario Urrutia, WR-Louisville

*Falcons trade #34(via Oak) and #68 to the Dallas Cowboys for the #28 overall pick.

Ok, there is my best guess while trying to be realistic on where players will fall. I wish the OT prospects were a little better but those are two good prospects - believe it or not, the Falcons need a starting left tackle and right tackle.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Falcons could do a lot worse, Falconator, and if I were you, I'd be rather pleased if that was how it turned out.

Who do you see as your competition for Brohm? I could see him going to the Bucs at 20, or falling to #32 or #34 or anywhere in between with trades.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

For a long time i've wanted the rams to take either Chris Long or Vernon Gholston. But the more on read on J.Long or Dorsey the more i think the rams really can't go wrong with this pick. If i were given the choice i'd still take a DE in round 1. If the rams don't take Dorsey at #2 I don't see them taking a DT on the first day. From a positional point, I have the rams taking:
    Rd 1: DE
    Rd 2: WR
    Rd 3: OT

Out of interest Falconater, what makes you think that Brohm or Flacco would be the answer at QB for the Falcons but Matt Ryan wouldn't be??

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Falcons could do a lot worse, Falconator, and if I were you, I'd be rather pleased if that was how it turned out.

Who do you see as your competition for Brohm? I could see him going to the Bucs at 20, or falling to #32 or #34 or anywhere in between with trades.
    TekeRam,

I see the Falcons "competition" for Brian Brohm would be Minnesota(#17), Tampa(#20) and, Miami(#32). At the end of the day, I agree with you that Tampa could be the destination. If I were the Vikings, I would admit now that the "Tavares Jackson Experiment" failed and would take Brohm. The Vikings have so much talent on offense and defense to have such a ridiculously unpredictable QB - but that's me.....

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    For a long time i've wanted the rams to take either Chris Long or Vernon Gholston. But the more on read on J.Long or Dorsey the more i think the rams really can't go wrong with this pick. If i were given the choice i'd still take a DE in round 1. If the rams don't take Dorsey at #2 I don't see them taking a DT on the first day. From a positional point, I have the rams taking:

Out of interest Falconater, what makes you think that Brohm or Flacco would be the answer at QB for the Falcons but Matt Ryan wouldn't be??
    British Ram,

you almost "make my point" with your question. I don't think Matt Ryan, Brian Brohm or Joe Flacco is a "sure thing" - all are a "crap shoot". I would much rather take a "chance" on a player that will not be guaranteed $30 million dollars - which is what the Falcons #3 overall pick will most likely get. To take Matt Ryan at #3 overall, if he does not turn out to be a superstar QB - then it was a HUGE gamble that failed. I just don't see that Matt Ryan is SOOOOOO much better than Brohm or Flacco. Since Flacco is more "developmental" I will leave him out for a second. Brohm's stats are better than Matt Ryan's in almost every category and he has had the more "consistent" career.

If Falcons "miss" on a 2nd round or late 1st round QB, its not a tremendous setback - if Falcons "miss" on #3 overall(QB) then it could set the franchise back 5 years. too, too risky....

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post

yes, tekeram - if draft fell as I have in my mock draft above - I would be satisfied with that draft - we would have "re-stocked both sides of the line of scrimmage while adding a potential QB to build around.

Offensive Line - Carl Nicks,RT - Anthony Collins, LT
    Defensive Line - Glen Dorsey, UT - Frank Okam, NT
    QB - Brian Brohm

That would be a "good start"

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Thanks Falconator, I guess it makes sense to put less money into something, which has the same amount of risk attached to it. I don't really know the difference between all the QBs apart from the rankings i read on the net since i've never actually seen a college game

Mooselini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post

I can try to answer the question. I'm thinking that they want to improve the defense. The offense has been in a slump recently, and even getting a new QB won't do anything. I honestly thought that Byron Leftwich would do something positive for the team because the year before with the Jags was a pretty good one.

I think they improve defense a bit then try to improve the offense. The Falcons usually have a steady defense, so if they add say Dorsey, it would upgrade it alot. Then they focus on the offense, it won't be a huge upgrade, but better than last season to say the least.

Which is why they would take Dorsey first and QB (hopefully) second.

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I can try to answer the question. I'm thinking that they want to improve the defense. The offense has been in a slump recently, and even getting a new QB won't do anything. I honestly thought that Byron Leftwich would do something positive for the team because the year before with the Jags was a pretty good one.

I think they improve defense a bit then try to improve the offense. The Falcons usually have a steady defense, so if they add say Dorsey, it would upgrade it alot. Then they focus on the offense, it won't be a huge upgrade, but better than last season to say the least.

Which is why they would take Dorsey first and QB (hopefully) second.
    mooselini,

i think British Ram was talking about the Rams picks at first, and then threw that last little question to me on the QB's.....

Mooselini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    mooselini,

i think British Ram was talking about the Rams picks at first, and then threw that last little question to me on the QB's.....
    Ah I'm sorry. I'm in video class right now and messing around on the Clan Ram site. :P

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast