Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Falconator Guest

Re: Falcon fan here: Who you guys taking @ #2 overall?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Ah I'm sorry. I'm in video class right now and messing around on the Clan Ram site. :P
    no problem......pay attention in class!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    no problem......pay attention in class!
    I'm actually working on my final exam which isn't due for 3 weeks since I'm ahead of the game.

So the teacher and I normally talk about random things going on. But he's not here, he's in a national broadcasting association convention or something like that. And I'm the only one in the class with the substitute teacher. We normally talk football and he's a Colts fan.

He's obviously a Dorsey fan because thats all he talks about too.

But I have one thing to ask Falconator. If you guys draft Dorsey, what would you want the Falcons to do about the left tackle situation. I don't recall any news about the position...I could be wrong though...

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I'm actually working on my final exam which isn't due for 3 weeks since I'm ahead of the game.

So the teacher and I normally talk about random things going on. But he's not here, he's in a national broadcasting association convention or something like that. And I'm the only one in the class with the substitute teacher. We normally talk football and he's a Colts fan.

He's obviously a Dorsey fan because thats all he talks about too.

But I have one thing to ask Falconator. If you guys draft Dorsey, what would you want the Falcons to do about the left tackle situation. I don't recall any news about the position...I could be wrong though...
    well, that's a "problem" - the Falcons have holes at the following positions:

QB
    LT
    RT
    UT
    NT
    MLB
    CB

so we have a lots of holes to fill. Defensive Tackle is not the greatest need but it is the "greatest need" that matches up to the "best value" on the board. With those three 2nd rounders, the Falcons need to come out of 2nd round with a left tackle and a future starting quarterback plus hopefully another position.

I think it should be fairly easy to trade up into the last 5-6 spots in 1st round - if Brohm is still on the board - because the talent starts to "flatten out" a little. A team like the Chargers or Cowboys would like to "deal down". Again, look at my mock draft in this link for what I think Falcons to do:

Glen Dorsey, UT
    Brian Brohm, QB (trade-up)
    Carl Nicks, RT
    Anthony Collins, LT

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Some quick questions for you Falconator: The Rams have recently hired Billy Devaney to work in our personnel dept. As I'm sure you know, Mr. Devaney has spent the last several years working for the Falcons. My questions to you are as follows:

1.) What are your opinions on the job that Devaney did for your Falcons?

2.) Do you have any "feel" for who the Rams might draft based on your past experience watching Mr. Devaney operate.

3.) Were you glad to see Devaney leave or did you think he should have stayed?

WHAT SAY YE?

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Some quick questions for you Falconator: The Rams have recently hired Billy Devaney to work in our personnel dept. As I'm sure you know, Mr. Devaney has spent the last several years working for the Falcons. My questions to you are as follows:

1.) What are your opinions on the job that Devaney did for your Falcons?

2.) Do you have any "feel" for who the Rams might draft based on your past experience watching Mr. Devaney operate.

3.) Were you glad to see Devaney leave or did you think he should have stayed?

WHAT SAY YE?
    To be honest, nobody in Atlanta is extremely familiar with Billy DeVaney. Rich McKay was the GM in Atlanta and the first two drafts McKay's top general was Tim Ruskell - who was really the "brains" behind McKay - truth be told(in Atlanta and Tampa). I guess DeVaney came in when Ruskell left to take the GM job in Seattle. So, it was kind of like DeVaney had the job with Falcons and nobody even hardly knew it. Is DeVaney actually the GM in St. Louis? I know that he is supposed to be "well thought of" in league circles but generally unless you are the GM of a team, most fans are not going to be familiar with you. In fairness, I did not know who Thomas Dimitroff was 6 months ago and now he is the Falcons GM. Sooooooo......

Answers:
    1.) don't have a strong opinion positive or negative on DeVaney
    2.) I think DeVaney will take Glen Dorsey at #2. just a "feeling" - no inside information.
    3.) Devaney was going to leave no matter what. When a new GM comes in, he's going to want "his guys" and DeVaney was not going to stay when he got "passed over" for the GM job

I am not an expert on Billy Devaney but I think, from what little I know about him, that he will do an OK job for you guys...

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    For a long time i've wanted the rams to take either Chris Long or Vernon Gholston. But the more on read on J.Long or Dorsey the more i think the rams really can't go wrong with this pick. If i were given the choice i'd still take a DE in round 1. If the rams don't take Dorsey at #2 I don't see them taking a DT on the first day. From a positional point, I have the rams taking:
    Rd 1: DE
    Rd 2: WR
    Rd 3: OT

Out of interest Falconater, what makes you think that Brohm or Flacco would be the answer at QB for the Falcons but Matt Ryan wouldn't be??
    So you would pass on a dominate player to fill a need with the 2nd overall pick?

I feel with the 2nd overall pick the Rams have to draft the best player and ignore the needs. They have an early 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round that they can use for needs..

Long will be a good player and I would not be upset if the Rams draft him but Dorsey maybe a dominate player and if the Rams rate him as high as I do and some of the experts do then I hope they do not make the mistake of passing on him.

Go Rams

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    So you would pass on a dominate player to fill a need with the 2nd overall pick?

I feel with the 2nd overall pick the Rams have to draft the best player and ignore the needs. They have an early 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round that they can use for needs..

Long will be a good player and I would not be upset if the Rams draft him but Dorsey maybe a dominate player and if the Rams rate him as high as I do and some of the experts do then I hope they do not make the mistake of passing on him.

Go Rams
    oh come on Dominating D, pass on Glen Dorsey - I dare ya

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Please pass on Dorsey. We already have a steady defensive middle. Carriker and Ryan are pretty decent. Not only that, young. I do think that the DE needs to be addressed. I think needs are important.

Chris Long is still one of the best players available. So we're filling a need and getting one of the best available.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    2.) I think DeVaney will take Glen Dorsey at #2. just a "feeling" - no inside information.
    This is precisely what I've been thinking (feeling?) for about the last 2 weeks now. Don't have any empirical evidence and outside of a few quotes by Devaney and Linehan (with Haslett's name being thrown in) I really believe that Dorsey will go #2 to the Rams. Sigh, unless of course the 'phins pass on Jake and then the Rams are faced with BOTH Jake Long and Glen Dorsey on the board at the same time. Hmmm, wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall in the Rams war room for that!!

WHAT SAY YE?

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    This is precisely what I've been thinking (feeling?) for about the last 2 weeks now. Don't have any empirical evidence and outside of a few quotes by Devaney and Linehan (with Haslett's name being thrown in) I really believe that Dorsey will go #2 to the Rams. Sigh, unless of course the 'phins pass on Jake and then the Rams are faced with BOTH Jake Long and Glen Dorsey on the board at the same time. Hmmm, wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall in the Rams war room for that!!

WHAT SAY YE?
    RAMarkable,

first off - hope I'm wrong about Rams taking Dorsey but I don't think I am. If the Rams get to choose between Jake Long and Glen Dorsey then, as a Falcon fan, I will be relieved because I would be happy with whomever the Rams did not take between those two guys - I just want the Falcons to end up w/ Glen Dorsey or Jake Long........If you guys can choose between those two, I think the Rams will take Jake Long. Again, that is just my "gut instinct"........hopefully the Dolphins sign either Gholston or Chris Long and we move on from there....

Big-Dave314 is offline Registered User

we need a de so i say c long or gholston

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345