Falconator Guest
    2. Rams — Virginia defensive end Chris Long. This is the most integral pick on the board. It swings the rest of the draft because if they go with Long then there's a battle at 3 for Glenn Dorsey and Matt Ryan. Two weeks ago Glenn Dorsey seemed like he would be their guy. This week they moved to Long, who makes more sense for their defense. If they drafted Dorsey they'd have to change the way their defensive front lines up and plays and kick Adam Carriker outside to end in pass rushing situations. Plus, Long is a guy who loves the fourth quarter, a trait that would not be bad to rub off on the rest of the locker room. Although Long seemed like a lock as of Wednesday, there has been some sentiment that has swung back to Dorsey. I'm going Long with my pick but have a feeling they'll swing back to Dorsey by the time they write the name on the card.

3. Falcons — LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey. Falcons had been unanimous for weeks until the team doctors gave a caution about Dorsey's leg, which they said could become problematic in a few years (he has a stress fracture in one leg that will need to get taken care of). If both he and Matt Ryan are on the board there will be a major discussion. Dorsey is rated higher but Ryan doesn't have an injury concern. In the end they may lean toward Ryan but that will screw up the rest of my mock so I'll keep Dorsey here.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Re: Falcon team doctors - Dorsey's leg could be "problematic"

Now who is blowing smoke? LOL

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Fakhir Br....

Aquib Tal....

Mario Man...

Oh, shoot. It was one of them "rhetorical" questions.

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Jay Glazer - Fox Sports mock(today) - I have tried to put the link in 5 times but cannot figure out how to make it work on this website -

this is Jay's information - not mine......it makes "sense" to me when I pair Jay Glazer's information coupled with Adam Scheffter's report and Peter King's column saying Falcons would "pass" on Dorsey, even if available to select Matt Ryan....

if you know how to put the link up, please do so

Falconator Guest

there dominating d.......told you I was not blowing smoke.....we will leave that to the Rams secondary:l

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    there dominating d.......told you I was not blowing smoke.....we will leave that to the Rams secondary:l
    Okay, so the Falcons are blowing smoke at Jay Glazer.

Really, I don't know if this is true or not, but just like the stories about the Rams supposedly favoring Glenn Dorsey, the timing is just not right. They can accomplish two things by leaking this out:

1. Try to get the Rams to pass on Dorsey.
    2. Save face if the Rams take Dorsey by saying they wanted Matt Ryan all along.

If they pass up Dorsey for Ryan, I will be shocked.

:l

-jake-
    Last edited by evil disco man; -04-26-2008 at 03:35 AM.

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by evil disco man View Post
    Okay, so the Falcons are blowing smoke at Jay Glazer.

Really, I don't know if this is true or not, but just like the stories about the Rams supposedly favoring Glenn Dorsey, the timing is just not right. They can accomplish two things by leaking this out:

-jake-
    well, if it is "smoke" then its absolutely masterful because while Jay Glazer reports "Falcons doctors concerned with Dorsey injuries being 'problematic' " - indepenedently Peter King and Adam Scheffter report that Falcons will "pass" on Glen Dorsey if he is available in favor of Matt Ryan - but do not report the "injury" as why.

So, the Falcons would have "duped" three of the best NFL reporters in the business (Scheffter/King/Glazer) - very nice "smokescreen" if that is what it is - evildiscoman.

well, if it is "smoke" then its absolutely masterful because while Jay Glazer reports "Falcons doctors concerned with Dorsey injuries being 'problematic' " - indepenedently Peter King and Adam Scheffter report that Falcons will "pass" on Glen Dorsey if he is available in favor of Matt Ryan - but do not report the "injury" as why.

So, the Falcons would have "duped" three of the best NFL reporters in the business (Scheffter/King/Glazer) - very nice "smokescreen" if that is what it is - evildiscoman.
    It's got nothing to do with being "duped" - reporters have sources and repeat what those sources tell them. Don't take everything you read as gospel, my Falcon friend, no matter who writes it down - especially during draft time.

Again, I'm not saying it isn't true, just that it doesn't make much sense to me. I'm a naturally skeptical person, so I tend to believe that they wouldn't just come out and say they're going to pass on Dorsey the day before the draft, when there are still potential trading partners out there. They could just as easily say nothing and achieve the same thing.

All speculation. We will know the truth soon enough.

-jake-
    Last edited by evil disco man; -04-26-2008 at 09:10 AM.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

wasnt it mike vick who got caught hiding the good ol' mary jane in a hidden compartment in his water bottle?
    Built RAM tough

One more theory, while I'm at it: The Falcons could be trying to deter other teams from trading above them to take Dorsey. Just a thought.

-jake-

I was talking about the Falclons not you Falconator.

Good job getting the link though....

Quote Originally Posted by me
    I am shocked!

Let me be the first to say Falconator - you were right. Also, thanks for taking Sam Baker! That's the one guy I didn't want at 33.

-jake-

Quote Originally Posted by evil disco man View Post
    I am shocked!

Let me be the first to say Falconator - you were right. Also, thanks for taking Sam Baker! That's the one guy I didn't want at 33.

-jake-
    He was right but the Falcons still traded 2 second round picks. Not sure if the move was worth what they gave up I will let Falconator decide....