Falconator Guest

Falconator: I'm 100% sure the Rams are taking Chris Long

ok......not really 100% at all - but that Hadley headline is totally bogus - nobody is 100% anything right now except that we all are 100% that the Miami Dolphins will take Jake Long #1 overall.

Don't you think sometime late tonite that somebody - Mortensen/Scheffter, etc. will "break the news" that Rams will go with "Chris Long" or Rams will make the selection of "Glen Dorsey" - and the prediction will be right? Or do you think it will go all the way down until 3:20pm easter standard time while Rams are "on the clock".

Of course Mortensen/Scheffter would say something like, "If the pick does not get traded, ___________. By now, I think the Rams know what the Falcons will or will not do with regards to a trade. From what little I do believe about Rams press conference - i do believe they are fully intent on having either Glen Dorsey OR Chris Long. They can only be assured of this with making the pick or trading with Falcons.

I still predict that the Rams make their pick at #2 - and its.....

***********Chris Long, DE-University of Virginia**********

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Re: Falconator: I'm 100% sure the Rams are taking Chris Long

I agree the term "100%" seems to be thrown around quite loosely as of late. I am not 100% certain of anything, period. I don't think anybody else should be either. Especially regarding the future.

Rambos is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    ok......not really 100% at all - but that Hadley headline is totally bogus - nobody is 100% anything right now except that we all are 100% that the Miami Dolphins will take Jake Long #1 overall.

Don't you think sometime late tonite that somebody - Mortensen/Scheffter, etc. will "break the news" that Rams will go with "Chris Long" or Rams will make the selection of "Glen Dorsey" - and the prediction will be right? Or do you think it will go all the way down until 3:20pm easter standard time while Rams are "on the clock".

Of course Mortensen/Scheffter would say something like, "If the pick does not get traded, ___________. By now, I think the Rams know what the Falcons will or will not do with regards to a trade. From what little I do believe about Rams press conference - i do believe they are fully intent on having either Glen Dorsey OR Chris Long. They can only be assured of this with making the pick or trading with Falcons.

I think we get C. Long and a 3rd from the Falcons. Once the heat of the draft starts to kick in. Linehan said the Bronco deal did not happen until we where on the clock with 4 mims left. The Falcons have the draft picks and they make a deal and get their man.
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-25-2008 at 01:51 PM.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I'm 100% sure that the Dolphins won't take their full ten minutes, so we'll get our pick sooner than 3:20, which is great!

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

lol falconator, i think we all know that you want us to draft chris long, but man you gotta face the fact that there is a good chance we will draft dorsey, and you will be stuck with matt ryan!! BWAHAHAHAHA lmao, but seriously, just dont be suprised if we take dorsey
    Built RAM tough

Mooselini is offline Registered User

You know Falconator, you make a clear point. I have this feeling that some of the journalists are going start saying tomorrow "Chris Long ontop of the Rams draft board". It makes perfect sense.

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post

AND I AGREE 100% THAT YOU AS A FALCON LOVE DORSEY SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD THAT YOUR IN DENIAL OF WHO THE RAMS ARE GOING TO TAKE MY FRIEND... THE RAMS WILL TAKE DORSEY, SO IF YOU GUYS WANT HIM, ANTE UP!!!

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I think we get C. Long and a 3rd from the Falcons. Once the heat of the draft starts to kick in. Linehan said the Bronco deal did not happen until we where on the clock with 4 mims left. The Falcons have the draft picks and they make a deal and get their man.
    Rambos,

I agree that the Falcons "man" at #3 is Glen Dorsey.....However, I will say this - Thomas Dimitroff probably has worked through 50 scenarios of what could happen with picks/trades and I don't think Falcons are "married" to the idea of "Glen Dorsey or BUST".

If Rams are calling Falcons about a trade - that will be clear indication that Rams want Chris Long. I don't think that Dimitroff would give up a 3rd to move up - maybe a 4th rounder - but he may just "gamble" .

Look for the Falcons to trade out of the #3 spot if you guys take Dorsey. Falcons will try and trade down to #6(Jets), #8(Ravens) or #10(Saints) and pick up an extra 2nd rounder. At the later picks, they would target either an offensive tackle(Clady/Albert), Ryan or Sedrick Ellis. I actually like the trade down better than just sitting at #3 and taking Dorsey - of course, we have to find a partner to trade down....

Rambos is offline Registered User

If Rams are calling Falcons about a trade
    We will not call, see we have the player you want in our hands.

Look for the Falcons to trade out of the #3 spot if you guys take Dorsey
    Sounds easy but it's not.

Falcons will try and trade down
    Try, key word here.

Just give up one draft pick of the 11 and you get the best defensive player in the draft.
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-25-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Good post Rambos. I think they're willing to sacrifice one of the many picks they have to move up one spot. I don't think the Falcons have alot of weapons. So Ryan will pretty much look like a bust on that team.

If anything, they can make a big improvement on defense.

The Special One is offline Registered User

I'm a 100% sure we are taking C. Long, Dorsey or Gholston.