Falconator Guest

Falconator's 1st round mock-all teams

G-Dawg's mock version 1.0 - FalconsLIFE

here is link to Falcons messageboard. My name there is "G-Dawg". I have you guys getting (yaaawwwwnnnn!) yes who you want Andre Smith, OT-Alabama.

I have my beloved Falcons taking Gerald McCoy, DT-Oklahoma.......anyway, enjoy and tell me what you think. Sorry about the "yawn" thing - had to be a bit of a smart-aleck -he's obviously a good player(Andre Smith).

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Re: Falconator's 1st round mock-all teams

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    he's obviously a good player(Andre Smith).
    Not as good as Michael Oher, though....

Good work; Falconator: it's a well-thought out mock draft. Obviously, there are always going to be areas of disagreement but each of your picks can be justified.

Edit: Nice to see that you've adopted "Seahags" too.....
    Last edited by DistantRam; -01-09-2009 at 07:30 PM.

RockinRam is online now Registered User

Falconator, watch Goodell say the Rams are going to draft Gerald McCoy for their #2 pick.

Kidding aside, I agree with you that the Browns won't get Orakpo. Doesn't make any sense.

Seahawks will definitely get Crabtree. They shouldn't even hesitate to pick him over Jenkins. Their receiver corps are old and have very little talent. But that just means we will have to play Crabtree twice a year- not good. Or the hawks could go and pick an OT to help Hasselback out.

I think the Bengals may pick Chris Wells. They have no running game, and they would want to help Carson Palmer out. Another choice here would be Michael Oher or Monroe.

Denver's defense is horrid, and Maualauga or Mays could help them out there.

Falconator Guest

thanks Rockin' and Distant Rams......

Rockin' your right about Wells/Cincy and he is a "hometown guy" playin for the Buckeyes. However, the Been-Gals did pick up Cedric Benson who played well down the stretch....

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Rockin' your right about Wells/Cincy and he is a "hometown guy" playin for the Buckeyes. However, the Been-Gals did pick up Cedric Benson who played well down the stretch....
    I had Wells going high in my mock, but he might be better valued in the middle or second half of the first where you have him. That being said, if Wells is good value for the Bengals, I don't see them passing because Benson managed to play well for the final two games of the year. Benson isn't even under contract in Cincy for 2009.

Overall I thought it was a very good mock. Nothing really stood out as being a head-slapper, everything seemed very reasonable. I think you've got Peria Jerry going a bit high for my taste right now, but you could certainly make a valid argument. Nice work!

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I had Wells going high in my mock, but he might be better valued in the middle or second half of the first where you have him. That being said, if Wells is good value for the Bengals, I don't see them passing because Benson managed to play well for the final two games of the year. Benson isn't even under contract in Cincy for 2009.

Overall I thought it was a very good mock. Nothing really stood out as being a head-slapper, everything seemed very reasonable. I think you've got Peria Jerry going a bit high for my taste right now, but you could certainly make a valid argument. Nice work!
    thanks Nick.......yeah, I agree that maybe Peria Jerry could be a little high. Heck, the Bucs could screw up my Falcons pick and take McCoy. Maybe Bucs would take Raji........the reason the Bucs got ran over like a mack truck the last three games was because their defensive tackles were injured.....obviously they could use an upgrade and depth.

I think its possible that Chris Wells goes to Cincy but to me Wells seems like a very similiar player to Benson - as crazy as that sounds. With his injury history, I don't think I would take a RB early like Benson - I think Knowshon Moreno will be a better pro even though Benson's "measurables" are better - Moreno has great heart and attitude to go with his athleticism. I think both RBs will go in the late teens to early twenties - I am going to stick with that.

Thanks for your comments Nick.

RockinRam is online now Registered User

thanks Nick.......yeah, I agree that maybe Peria Jerry could be a little high. Heck, the Bucs could screw up my Falcons pick and take McCoy. Maybe Bucs would take Raji........the reason the Bucs got ran over like a mack truck the last three games was because their defensive tackles were injured.....obviously they could use an upgrade and depth.

I think its possible that Chris Wells goes to Cincy but to me Wells seems like a very similiar player to Benson - as crazy as that sounds. With his injury history, I don't think I would take a RB early like Benson - I think Knowshon Moreno will be a better pro even though Benson's "measurables" are better - Moreno has great heart and attitude to go with his athleticism. I think both RBs will go in the late teens to early twenties - I am going to stick with that.

Thanks for your comments Nick.

To tell you the truth, I've always thought Moreno was a better running back than Wells. Just my opinion though.

Falconator Guest

meant to say "Moreno will be a better back than Wells"...