Like Tree12Likes
  • 8 Post By HUbison
  • 2 Post By Richbert88
  • 1 Post By berg8309
  • 1 Post By shower beers

Thread: Falcons moving up to take Clowney getting more serious

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Falcons moving up to take Clowney getting more serious

I am not sure if this is just more smokescreen talk, but over at the nfl site they are talking about the Falcons being serious about moving up to number 1 to take Clowney.

That would be a major blow to our trade ability. The Falcons seem are top trade partner as others, many on this site, have concluded. If the Falcons did move up to number 1 and take Clowney I would be interested to see if the Rams could still trade down.

A few days ago Snead mentioned having a gentlemen's agreement if the players for both teams on this agreement where there that they would switch without changing the stakes. To me that sounded like Atlanta. It had a southern sound to it, gentlemen's agreement, and with his past connection thought that might be it.

It still could be. There haven't been communication between Houston and Atlanta, at least known communication, so there might be a chance. That chance, however, seems to be diminishing.

If this deal does happen, and the Rams are still keen on making the trade out of the 2 spot how do you see that happening?

The QB situation is a mess, no one is being captain number 1 take me or else so that probably won't be the case. Matthews and Robinson are too interchangeable. Meaning that teams would be happy with one or the other, so not enough motivation to move up to take them. Watkins could be a possibility, but that might mean moving to far down for him, Unless the Browns move up which may happen but not counting on it. Detroit has been talking about him but again that means moving down to 10, ick!

Mack could be a strong possibility. Teams are falling in love with the guy and with Barr talk dropping off he could be a big time target.

I personally would love one more 2nd round pick, so if the Rams could pull off a trade and still get one of the top five It would be great!

There has been talk that the 13th pick might be a prime candidate to move down. This could be true as there is a lot of talent in the middle and variying enough teams would be wiling to make the move. Still might get a 2nd out of that one, but it would be with a team in the later portion of the round. Its still a extra 2nd but not with the appeal of an early round selection.

I feel more and more anxious the closer we get. Also this is the first time in a long time I didn't have a player I was laserlocked on in hopes of getting. A great draft and so interesting, even if it turns out Robinson 2 Clinton-Dix 13. I can't wait! I just hope the Falcons can and do business with us :-)

Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: Falcons moving up to take Clowney getting more serious

So for months all the draft experts have QBs going in the top ten to QBs needy teams and two week out they all have moved off them. Why? What has changed in the last few weeks? The only thing I can think of is the so called draft experts are not standing by what they saw on tape and are trying to cover their expert opinions based on what they are hearing from teams. That said how many teams leak out what their true intentions are? None. Anyone really know what we are doing? that's what I thought.

richtree is online now Registered User

Bortles will still be high, and for the Rams it shows they are happy with any of the top 3 OTs or Watkins. If they trade down to 6 or 7 they stilll get one of those guys....life is good today for the future of the Rams...

and Heck yah moving from 2 to 6 or 7 or 8 is worth it for another high 2nd rounder....

can't wait already., taking forever........

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Honestly, I don't even care anymore. If they stay at #2, they are going to get an elite prospect. I'm fine with that. IF they trade down a little, they're still going to get an outstanding prospect, plus another 1 or 2 down the line. I'm fine with that too.

I just get up every morning thanking sweet Heaven that the Redskins sucked last year.
    Rambos, Nick, VegasRam and 5 others like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Richbert88 is online now Registered User

If Houston moves down to 6, I would LMAO if a QB went at 3 4 & 5.
    turbofargo and DE_Ramfan like this.
    Semper Fi!

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    If Houston moves down to 6, I would LMAO if a QB went at 3 4 & 5.
    They still would get Mack which I think they would be happy with. Houston is in a very good spot. They can move down, either take a QB or one of the elite 5 if still there, and get the QB either in the top of the 2nd or there now other 2 rd spot. I am hoping they stay put at 1!!

berg8309 is offline Registered User

This year the smoke is getting so thick it's hard to see.
    laram0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by turbofargo View Post
    They still would get Mack which I think they would be happy with. Houston is in a very good spot. They can move down, either take a QB or one of the elite 5 if still there, and get the QB either in the top of the 2nd or there now other 2 rd spot. I am hoping they stay put at 1!!
    My comment is predicated on they would trade down to 6 anticipating one of the top 3 QBs will be there. I think they're guy may be Bortles. To add to that, I would find it interesting if more QBs disappear unexpectedly as the round continues and they'd have to move up just to get a player.

So tired of this that I have to find humor and interest the hard way now.

What I'd like to see is they take a QB, the one they want. Then Atlanta moves to #2 for Clowney. Then Detroit moves to #6 to grab Evans ahead of Tampa Bay. I'd like that because this year is full of OL that can contribute and I don't think HaHa will make it to #13, and I would like more higher picks this year and next. But again, I am just bored.

NFL - The answer to insomnia.
    Last edited by Richbert88; -04-28-2014 at 07:48 PM.
    Semper Fi!

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Excellent news - That sets us up well to draft Mack or ask for a substantial package in return for a trade - Either way, we win.

Now, we need to decide what to do at #13. I like the idea of trading back here if we can still get Gilbert, Dennard or Fuller at say 20 to 24ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    NFL - The answer to insomnia.
    I thought it was the cause of insomnia this time of year.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I think I would rather us just stay put and take an elite prospect of our choosing at 2, then get serious about trading our 13 pick.
    laram0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I think I would rather us just stay put and take an elite prospect of our choosing at 2, then get serious about trading our 13 pick.
    I've been leaning more toward this recently, with trade down scenarios at #2 just not appearing favorable right now.

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    I thought it was the cause of insomnia this time of year.
    The NFL off season is. The delayed draft is.

I wasn't very articulate.
    Semper Fi!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Honestly, I don't even care anymore. If they stay at #2, they are going to get an elite prospect. I'm fine with that. IF they trade down a little, they're still going to get an outstanding prospect, plus another 1 or 2 down the line. I'm fine with that too.

I just get up every morning thanking sweet Heaven that the Redskins sucked last year.
    Agreed.

Falcons moving up to take Clowney getting more serious-erm.jpg