AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

*FINAL* AR Rams 7 Round Mock

Barring any trades, this will be my final pre-draft projection of the the Rams' picks.

Round 1: Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
    Make no mistake here - the guy I really want is Michael Huff. However, while I don't think its impossible he falls to pick #11, my guess is that he'll go in the top 10. Ngata could be the anchor the Rams have been looking for, and you can't discount the potential for a Ngata/Kennedy combo when Glover retires. [Alternates: Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa; Brodrick Bunkley, DT, FSU]

Round 2: Thomas Howard, OLB, UTEP
    I think that Howard really fits well into the type of defense that Jim Haslett would like to run. He's fast and aggressive, and would likely excel in blitz packages. [Alternates: Abdul Hodge, MLB, Iowa; Davin Joseph, OG, Oklahoma]

Round 3: Chris Chester, OG/C, Oklahoma
    An extremely athletic interior lineman who can play multiple positions is just what the Rams need. Chester could be groomed to one day take over for either McCollum or Timmerman. [Alternates: Victor Adeyanju, DE, Indiana; Danieal Manning, DB, Abilene Christian]

Round 4: Tim Day, TE, Oregon
    Though some want a TE on Day 1, I think the Rams can afford to wait until the fourth round. Day has good size (268 lbs.), is strong (26 reps), has decent speed (4.78), and could be a red zone threat. [Alternate: David Thomas, TE, Texas]

Round 5: Leon Washington, RB/KR, FSU
    Would be a nice addition as the kick returner and a change-of-pace bace. [Alternate: Wali Lundy, RB, Virginia]

Round 6: Ryan Plackemeir, P, Wake Forest
    A punter to compete with 37 year old Matt Turk would be a good gamble here. [Alternate: John Torp, P, Colorado]

Round 7: Tommy Davis, DE, North Carolina
    Rams could use some depth at this position. Davis has good size and decent speed. [Alternate: Adam Roberts, DE, Cincinnati]

NOTE: Rams also have two 7th round compensatory picks which I'm not going to bother projecting.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -04-19-2006 at 08:46 PM.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Re: *FINAL* AR Rams 7 Round Mock

I like it. One of the best I've seen so far. Only thing I would change is drafting a CB somewhere in the second day.

I considered that, but in the end, I figured that there aren't any CBs that would be available on Day 2 who would be better than they guys the Rams already have.

PostalRam is offline Registered User

<<Round 1: Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon>>

I would be happy with the pick, and there is a good chance he will be there when the Rams pick, I think for some reason the Ram would take Brodrick ZBunkley, DT, Florida St. Being from FL has nothing to do with my choice :-)

<<Round 2: Thomas Howard, OLB, UTEP>>

Another guy I think that just won't be there, but would take in a heart beat if there in the 2nd round, I like this kid Jon Alston, OLB, Stanford not the tallest LB just at 6 foot but had the fastest time in the 40 compare to all OLB in the draft, but I think the Rams could get him in the 3rd round, maybe

<<Round 3: Chris Chester, OG/C, Oklahoma>>

a GREAT PICK! A need for the Rams and a very good player. also had the best time in the 40 for centers, which pulling from the line will be no problem

<<Round 4: Tim Day, TE, Oregon>>

I one of those who love to get V.DavisTE in the 1st round pick, but not going to happen unless the Rams move up and doubt that, I agree Day is a good TE, but I think the Rams grab another DL player here, we need some insurance on the DE so I would like either Elvis Dumervil, DE, Louisville who would be a steal in the 4th round or Julian Jenkins, DE, Standford a big guy that would used his muscle to get to the QB rather the usual speed something I would like the Rams try this season

<<Leon Washington, RB/KR, FSU>>

Hey I like this kid a Florida boy, watch many of his game, I don't he will be there at the 5th round, plus the Rams did sign a RB and a KR, I rather see them go Brandon Williams, WR, Wisconsin. With the whole Bruce thing scare me and insurance will be good

<<Round 6: Ryan Plackemeir, P, Wake Forest>>

Hey he is the best punter in the draft, but I just can't draft a punter, this is were I'll get Charles Davis, TE, Purdue far from the best but will add that depth that is needed

<<Round 7: Tommy Davis, DE, North Carolina>>

Can't say much cause just heard of him much for depth I like Marcus Green, DT, Ohio State

Rambling Notes:

1sr round: In the frst round one I also with you Huff, plus I like Davis have aways been my top choies

I know many are conern about CB's, Jimmy Williams and T.Hill could be options with the first pick, plus LB's could be another choice since Hawk will be gone, Simm or Greenway

2nd Round: TE can be a choise I like 3 of them too, M.Lewis, L.Pope, or D.Byrd. if the Rams doesn't go DL in round 1, then O.Harris or J.McCargo nice picks. I also like OG M.Jean-Gilles, and Last how about S.Moss-WR that would be interesting

3rd Round: I have an interesting choice here how about B.Calhoun-RB, I know the Rams like and might be tempting. Also choices could be J.Lewis or R.Wright-DT. Z.Striet-OT, and as I mention J.Alston-OLB can drop to the Rams

I guess I'm done... Spend way to much time on this ,lol just to find out on draft day it's nothing like what I was hoping.

Lou
    PostalRam
    WPB,FL
    Lou
    PostalRam
    WPB, Florida

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

good draft I like it

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Mel Kiper has the Packers taking Chester iin round two because of his fantastic individual workouts. Reach?

Chester is, no doubt, a "riser." His workout resembled that of a good blocking TE, rather than an interior lineman (which is not too surprising, as he started his college career as a TE).

It would not shock me to see him go late 2nd or early 3rd.

There's always an element of wishful thinking in these things.

The kid Manning from Abilene Christian is someone Ram fans should keep their eyes on. The Rams have not been shy about taking small school prospects in the past (Travis Fisher, Ron Bartell) and Manning has the added benefit of being an excellent KR.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

With the Rams talking contract with Fisk and Jackson, I think the Rams will take a LB in round 1.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey