AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Final Two Items On Offseason Shopping List

After what I view as a productive initial FA period and draft, the Rams offseason shopping is almost over. Here are the final pieces to the puzzle I'd like to see addressed:

1. DE/Pass Rusher: The Rams should have enough cap room for a mid-level acquisition from among the post-June 1 cuts. With limited depth at DE, I'd like to see the Rams find one more pass rusher to compete for a spot behind starters Leonard Little and Tony Hargrove.

2. Veteran FS: While the Rams have obtained several prospects for the safety position, they don't have much experience. At the right price, it could be worth bringing Aeneas Williams back for one more year. If not, the Rams should keep their eyes on the cut list for a player who can step in if the youngsters are slow to develop.

ramhard is offline Registered User

One addition

I would add RB to the list. The Rams need a 3rd dependable RB better than Harris and Caison. Jackson has not proven durability and Faulk has not been durable over the past years. So in all likelihood there will be one or two games where the 3rd running back will have a significant role, and I don't think Harris or Caison can handle it. I think a June 1 cut with an experienced 3rd down back might be a good pickup, and draft one next year.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: Final Two Items On Offseason Shopping List

I was thinking the same Av. We don't need to break the bank but I wouldn't mind adding a vetaran safety, strong or free, after the June cuts. It looks like Atogwe can play either and the Rams have said they do not differentiate in SS and FS anymore, they've gotta be good at defending the run and pass. Add the best available safety here and we're rolling.

D-Line depth would be a plus too.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: One addition

Quote Originally Posted by ramhard
    I would add RB to the list. The Rams need a 3rd dependable RB better than Harris and Caison. Jackson has not proven durability and Faulk has not been durable over the past years. So in all likelihood there will be one or two games where the 3rd running back will have a significant role, and I don't think Harris or Caison can handle it. I think a June 1 cut with an experienced 3rd down back might be a good pickup, and draft one next year.
    One guy I'd keep my eye on is Anthony Thomas. While he is probably looking for a team that would give him a bigger role than the Rams would, he'd be perfect for the job.