throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TakeSuh Guest

fine nick, but i still believe suh is the best

his combine preformance: bench 32 reps, mccoy 23 reps, suhs vertical: 35.5 inches (highest since 2000 for dlineman) mccoy 30.5 suh had the faster times in the 3 cone drill and shuffle. suhs 4o 1st 4.98 2nd 5.07
    mccoy 40 1st 4.96 2nd 5.14

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: fine nick, but i still believe suh is the best

I agree, as I have Suh over McCoy as well and the combine did nothing to change that.

But your previous thread wasn't deleted because of your opinion. It was deleted because it contained three links and a borderline personal attack, both against the rules.

Please keep those rules in mind when posting in the future.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Have we heard anything about his knees? That's the only concern I have with Suh, and actually what I was looking forward to most with respect to Suh's combine performance.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Weasel View Post
    Have we heard anything about his knees? That's the only concern I have with Suh, and actually what I was looking forward to most with respect to Suh's combine performance.
    His last surgery was a little more than two years ago. Since then he has played in two full college seasons at a very high level. The knees aren't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    His last surgery was a little more than two years ago. Since then he has played in two full college seasons at a very high level. The knees aren't an issue.
    Just because he has played 2 full seasons since his surgery does not mean his knees aren't an issue. Glenn Dorsey's stress fracture was a huge deal despite his ability to play through it. Suh's surgeries are clearly an issue in that any team thinking of drafting him will have to have their doctors clear him medically.

Just because he has played 2 full seasons since his surgery does not mean his knees aren't an issue. Glenn Dorsey's stress fracture was a huge deal despite his ability to play through it. Suh's surgeries are clearly an issue in that any team thinking of drafting him will have to have their doctors clear him medically.
    Dorsey's stress fracture was a huge deal because he actually still had the stress fracture.

When there are multiple reports that claim Suh still has unhealed knee injuries, then we'll talk. Otherwise, the two situations aren't comparable. Unless new information comes out, then I think concerns about Suh's knees are minimal at best.
    Last edited by Nick; -03-02-2010 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Dorsey's stress fracture was a huge deal because he actually still had the stress fracture.

When there are multiple reports that claim Suh still has unhealed knee injuries, then we'll talk. Otherwise, the two situations aren't comparable. Unless new information comes out, then I think concerns about Suh's knees are minimal at best.
    I wasn't saying Suh's situation and Dorsey's were comparable - I was simply making the point that just because somebody takes the field doesn't mean he doesn't have health issues.

I wouldn't say his surgeries are a 'huge deal' but I would say they are a 'concern.' That seems to be in line with a lot of other people's thinking:

One more thing - Suh had two knee surgeries in his collegiate career. No one will ever know the severity of those knee injuries, and they obviously didn't affect Suh's performance. But they have to be cause for concern. What if Suh has one more knee injury and subsequently is no longer the dominant player he was at Nebraska?
    Mayock brought attention to the bad knees of Kelly, and Kelly’s stock dropped, and ultimately he went in the second round.
    The knees of Ndamukong Suh can be looked at as a factor in the draft too, although he won’t be falling nearly as far as Kelly did. Suh was red-shirted after two games in his freshmen year at Nebraska, after being injured and having season-ending knee surgery. Knees are a big deal for teams when it comes to a guy whose going to be looking for high-draft pick money. Therefore, some teams may look at McCoy, who is a lot like Suh on the field, as a safer pick in the long run.
    Gun to my head, something negative about Suh, it's his health. He's had some knee injuries and knee surgeries which will scare some teams. His medical checks in the offseason will be huge for him.
    If there's a concern that might cause him to fall below Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy at defensive tackle it might be concern about his knees. Suh was a medical redshirt after just two games of his freshman season so he could have surgery to repair a torn meniscus he suffered in high school. Another knee surgery in the spring of 2007 affected his play the following season. Obviously teams will look closely at his medical records before the draft to determine the risks involved.
    Etc, etc...

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I dont follow that. He got injured 2 years ago and had a surgery, played 2 full seasons at the top level.

What more would you like? You wanna see him carry a god darn ferris wheel to convince you hes good.

Everyone gets injured, and he has fought back and worked through it. I have no second thoughts about drafting him, and I think 99% of people dont either.

I wasn't saying Suh's situation and Dorsey's were comparable - I was simply making the point that just because somebody takes the field doesn't mean he doesn't have health issues.
    Like I said, when I see reports indicating that Suh's past knee injuries are still currently an issue, then I might agree and be concerned.

But considering these are past injuries from two seasons ago, he played at a dominant level for without additional recurring injuries, and isn't currently injured now, I think the concern is minimal.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TakeSuh View Post
    his combine preformance: bench 32 reps, mccoy 23 reps, suhs vertical: 35.5 inches (highest since 2000 for dlineman) mccoy 30.5 suh had the faster times in the 3 cone drill and shuffle. suhs 4o 1st 4.98 2nd 5.07
    mccoy 40 1st 4.96 2nd 5.14
    Well T.S. Suh is the better player, however due to the fact that we do not have a rookie salary cap, teams don't want to spend money on a DT due to the fact that "that kind of money" is usually reserved for QB's...smh....its just stupid, if he's the best player (Suh) then take him and in the meantime the NFL needs to come up w/ a rookie cap.

TakeSuh Guest

SUh hasnt ever complained about them. He rarely takes brakes. AT the holiday bowl he did not sit out one play. IN 2008 he had 76 tackles really productive for a tackle in 2009 he had 85 tackles.
    in 2008 he had 19 and half tackles for loss
    WHY WAS SUH NOT A TWO TIME ALL AMERICAN BUT MCCOY WAS? oh ya oklahoma was good last year

ludairv is offline Registered User

i just have a hard time taking in the fact that if any one of the DT's get the number one pick, theyll be one of the highest paid DTS in the LEAGUEE!!!!! holy crap....its like right away they get haynesworth money, and they dont directly affect the play, ya QB's get enuff money too but come on....they have the ball in theyre hands like 50% of the time...

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    i just have a hard time taking in the fact that if any one of the DT's get the number one pick, theyll be one of the highest paid DTS in the LEAGUEE!!!!! holy crap....its like right away they get haynesworth money, and they dont directly affect the play, ya QB's get enuff money too but come on....they have the ball in theyre hands like 50% of the time...
    Considering our offense and time of possession its more like 30-35% but ok, whatever you think dude.

Also, what do you mean DTs don't affect plays? An offense ignores them at its own peril.

ludairv is offline Registered User

still doesnt justify paying them haynesworth money, ofcourse they do effect the play, indirectly and by that i mean they impose their will on the play, bbut the QB still has more power.....directly on the play....not sure how i should word it...+ the financial aspect has to come into play here.... btw this all depends on Bradfords medical...

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    still doesnt justify paying them haynesworth money, ofcourse they do effect the play, indirectly and by that i mean they impose their will on the play, bbut the QB still has more power.....directly on the play....not sure how i should word it...+ the financial aspect has to come into play here.... btw this all depends on Bradfords medical...
    We're not paying Haynesworth money, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast