Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Re: fine nick, but i still believe suh is the best

Kind of a general response to the 3 or 4 posters who commented on my post...

I never said that we shouldn't take Suh because of his knees (look at my recent posts and you'll see I'm a fan of taking Suh), that his knees have affected his performance, that his knees have not fully healed, or that his knees continue to bother him.

I'm simply saying that his knees are a concern. This seems to be accepted wisdom among draftniks. Maybe not a huge deal, not something that's necessarily going to cause him to slide, but it's an issue. It's something we should look at. And hopefully whoever evaluates him will find that it shouldn't be a major cause for concern. But I don't know why it's so surprising that when talking about drafting a guy #1 overall somebody would bring up that he's had 2 surgeries on his knees before even entering the NFL.

If you want to argue that his medical history shouldn't be a factor at all, I think the burden of proof is on you to explain why, because it (understandably in my opinion) seems to be widely accepted that it's at least a factor in selecting Suh. Has there ever been a prospect, not to mention one who is a sure-fire top 5 pick, who has had multiple surgeries without this being something teams wanted to evaluate? Are you really comfortable saying with 100% certainty, without seeing a medical report, that the surgeries will have no bearing on his career at any point? That we don't even need to evaluate his knees to know that he's no more likely to sustain a knee injury than if he had never had them just because it's been 2 years since surgery? That doesn't make sense to me.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Re: fine nick, but i still believe suh is the best

I think the first player selected in the draft is always checked out medically prior to the draft by the team selecting them, even if they haven't had any past injuries. So it's kind of a moot point. Suh, Bradford, McCoy, whoever, will be cleared medically before a ton of money is invested in them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12