View Poll Results: Who's your early choice for the Rams 2012 first pick?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

25 69.44%
  • Matt Kalil, OT, USC

5 13.89%
  • Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

0 0%
  • Alshon Jeffrey, WR, South Carolina

3 8.33%
  • Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

1 2.78%
  • Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis

0 0%
  • Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

0 0%
  • Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington

0 0%
  • Someone else (who?)

2 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: First Look: Rams 2012 First Pick Poll

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

First Look: Rams 2012 First Pick Poll

Right now, who is the player you have your eye on as the Rams' first pick in the 2012 NFL Draft?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: First Look: Rams 2012 First Pick Poll

I'm guessing 2 of the top 3 picks are QBs and the other one is whoever we take. Once again, we find ourselves with many holes.....sigh. I think we take a.....

...RB if Jackson ends the season injured. Let's face facts, as RB goes, dude's starting to age a little. Right now we're talking about getting his backup, but we may well be looking at replacing him very soon. Trent Richardson would be the answer here.

...WR if Lloyd is not re-signed. I like Justin Blackmon better in this situation, but Alshon Jeffery could go here as well.

...CB if Bartell retires. Folks, he may never play another down of football. If so, we need a CB across from Fletcher. I like either Morris Claiborne or Dre Kilpatrick here, but if his parole officer will allow him, Janoris Jenkins is a heck of a athlete.

...OT if Saffold/Smith don't start looking like their 2010 selves. Matt Kalil is the obvious pick here. He could (I'm not sayin gonna), but could make people think of the Big O.

...DE if the Front Office is going for the WTF factor. They could just push the repeat button and take another North Carolina DE with Quinton Coples sitting there as that interior rusher that Spags so loves.

My money right now today.......Matt Kalil.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    ...RB if Jackson ends the season injured. Let's face facts, as RB goes, dude's starting to age a little. Right now we're talking about getting his backup, but we may well be looking at replacing him very soon. Trent Richardson would be the answer here.
    To me, Richardson is a possibility because he simply might be the BPA at any position when the Rams make their pick.

...WR if Lloyd is not re-signed. I like Justin Blackmon better in this situation, but Alshon Jeffery could go here as well.
    Blackmon is my current choice, whether or not Lloyd is re-signed.

...CB if Bartell retires. Folks, he may never play another down of football. If so, we need a CB across from Fletcher. I like either Morris Claiborne or Dre Kilpatrick here, but if his parole officer will allow him, Janoris Jenkins is a heck of a athlete.
    I'm actually more concerned with Fletcher's availability for the start of 2012. Two major knee injuries in 3 years may be too much to overcome. If Bartell can't return, then CB becomes a dire need, but possibly one that can wait until Round 2.

...OT if Saffold/Smith don't start looking like their 2010 selves. Matt Kalil is the obvious pick here. He could (I'm not sayin gonna), but could make people think of the Big O.
    I still think Saffold will be fine in the long run. As for Smith, he may be running out of chances, but RTs can be found later in the draft.

...DE if the Front Office is going for the WTF factor. They could just push the repeat button and take another North Carolina DE with Quinton Coples sitting there as that interior rusher that Spags so loves.
    Just can't see another DE chosen here, but... I suppose crazier things have happened. QC is certainly a fine prospect.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

I definitely want Blackmon. I was calling his name like crazy last year before he announced he was going back to school. His performance this year has done nothing but affirm my opinion of him.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

At the present time Im going Blackmon, loved him last year. That big tackle would be a good pick also.
    I just hope the Rams get the chance to take the WR they most like.?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Right now, my list goes as:

1. Blackmon (I love Jeffery, but I can see Blackmon having a field day in McDaniel's offense. He's like a more athletic, more higher ceiling version of Brandon Lloyd)

2. Jeffery

3. Kirkpatrick

4. Richardson

5. Kalil

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Can anyone tell me more about Dontari Poe? I've heard nothing about him except one post where Sosa mentioned taking him in the 3rd round. Is he really a 1st round talent?

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Can anyone tell me more about Dontari Poe? I've heard nothing about him except one post where Sosa mentioned taking him in the 3rd round. Is he really a 1st round talent?
    Scott Wright's (DraftCountdown) latest mock has him going #13 overall. He describes him as a "6'5 and 350 lb. monster in the middle" who is "not just big but also freakishly athletic, quick and agile."

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Very fit for the NT position. He's gonna be very wanted. Can't find many guys like him in the NFL.

punahou is offline Registered User

It's gotta be a WR. Other than Lloyd, we really have no one that is a legitmate threat as a WR. If we can keep Lloyd and add a top flight WR, that will give the offense a real opportunity to mature.

I do like Poe too, as we definately need a wad of meat to plant its entopy in the middle of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Scott Wright's (DraftCountdown) latest mock has him going #13 overall. He describes him as a "6'5 and 350 lb. monster in the middle" who is "not just big but also freakishly athletic, quick and agile."
    I think he's got this backwards. Poe is projected to go in the 4th-5th round. Alameda Ta'amu is the only NT projected to go in the first round. Hes something special. Ngata Jr. Poe can develop, but it's hard to find a quality NT.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I think he's got this backwards. Poe is projected to go in the 4th-5th round. Alameda Ta'amu is the only NT projected to go in the first round. Hes something special. Ngata Jr. Poe can develop, but it's hard to find a quality NT.
    Mhmm, I thought he made a mistake too. Alameda Ta'amu is going to be a rock solid NT.

Nope. No mistake. Poe is Wright's #13 overall pick.

Todd McShay has him ranked as the #28 overall prospect.

That said, I'm happy to add Ta'amu to the poll.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -11-04-2011 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Nope. No mistake. Poe is Wright's #13 overall pick.

Todd McShay has him ranked as the #28 overall prospect.

That said, I'm happy to add Ta'amu to the poll.
    Weird, I guess they think he is a hot commodity. I doubt he goes in the top 50, but I guess we will see. Ta'amu on the other hand, is a handful. I'd LOVE to plug him in the middle of the line to anchor the run defense which has been a huge issue so far.

With that said, I still think we take Blackmon. Just a playmaker he is. Imagine him lined up across from Lloyd? He'd be so productive in just his rookie year! Look at what A.J Green is doing, and even Julio Jones before he got injured. Not to mention Green goes up against #1's and is killing it while Jones goes against #2's and is still productive.

I cant wait to see the Lloyd/Blackmon combo. I think the real question is who we should take in the 2nd round. Lot of intriguing prospects.

Major30 is offline Registered User

My heart says Blackmon, my head says Kalil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast