Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By berg8309

Thread: Fisher/Snead Press Conference

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Fisher/Snead Press Conference

Feed was cutting in and out, but here are a few tidbits I was able to hear:

* Seem to be expecting a lot of trades on day 1.

* Not particularly concerned about Wonderlic scores. Some guys score a 35 and can't pick up the game, while others score in single digits and have no problems.

* Les has not looked at any QBs. Jeff has because "they're throwing to receivers."

* Fisher joked about reports. Said, according to the media, he and Les are at Clemson now watching "that WR" workout (they're at Rams Park).

* Fisher's "trend" of not taking OL in first round just "circumstance."

* Draft board is pretty much set at this point.

* Q: about short WRs. Fisher "not a problem if you have a tall QB."
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -04-22-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Fisher/Snead Press Conference

Fisher, Snead reveal little in pre-draft press conference

By Joe Lyons

As expected, Rams head coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead provided little, if any, insight in the team's plans for the upcoming draft Monday afternoon in a press conference.

In fact, Snead referred to this as "campaign season.''

"Don't be offended if everything we say up here is not totally accurate,'' he joked. "But I can say this, we're down to the last week _ it's great to be at the last week _ staff has done an amazing job...a lot of hard work goes into this. This week is about dotting some I's and crossing some T's.''

The Rams have eight picks in the draft, which runs Thursday through Saturday at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. Barring a trade, the Rams will select at No. 16 and No. 22 in the first round on Thursday.

So now, they wait...

"It's all part of the process. You try to anticipate what's going to happen ahead of you _ there's no way you'll be entirely correct _ but you try to go through the scenarios and hopefully get a feel for it,'' Fischer said.

"I don't know if it's harder this year, but there may be more scenarios because you have two picks,'' Snead said. "And picking later, obviously, more things can happen ahead of you.... The same way, there are also players behind you that you feel strong about, so the more picks you have, the better.

"How many phone lines do we have? I think we just set up, we have three or four or five. We'll definitely take calls. We'll have fun.''

Both Fisher and Snead said that their draft board was pretty well established, with only minor tinkering from now until Thursday.

"There's going to be a lot more discussion; we'll visit with coache ad scouts and back and forth and make sure the board is right; that everyone's happy with it,'' Fisher. said. "But the hard work is done to this point.

"Makes no senxe to decided this guard in the sixth round version or this receiver in the sixth round right now because in all likelihood one of them is going to be gone. That discussion takes place during the draft. There's a lot more discussion than people would expect during the draft than there is at this point.''

Fisher warned reporters about believing draft rumors.

"Don't believe what you've heard, what you've read because I was just informed that I'm currently in Clemson right now working out a receiver. Along with Les, we're both there,'' he joked.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Fisher warned reporters about believing draft rumors:

"Don't believe what you've heard, what you've read because I was just informed that I'm currently in Clemson right now working out a receiver. Along with Les, we're both there,'' he joked.
    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'd take anything I heard four days before the draft with a grain of salt. We're definitely in the smoke and mirrors part of the process.
    I think you nailed it Mike ..

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    * Q: about short WRs.
    Fisher: "not a problem if you have a tall QB."
    Classic! He's right too - Little Danny did pretty good? Heck, we might even do better with a tall receiver ..

eldfan is offline Registered User

I watch that press conference Fisher said they were not oppposed to moving up. I wonder would they really do that and what would it take to move up and get the player they want?
    :ramlogo:

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    I watch that press conference Fisher said they were not oppposed to moving up. I wonder would they really do that and what would it take to move up and get the player they want?
    Pretty sure this time year they would claim to be willing to perform seppuku if it was necessary. The misinformation game is in full swing!
    MauiRam likes this.