View Poll Results: Would you trade pick #6 to the Eagles for #s 15, 46 and 88?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. At some point, quality trumps quantity.

6 18.75%
  • Yes, regardless of who is there at No. 6.

9 28.13%
  • Yes, unless Blackmon is there at No. 6 (in which case, no).

17 53.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Fletcher Cox/Eagles Trade Hypothetical

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The Fletcher Cox/Eagles Trade Hypothetical

The new trend among the internet "experts" is to propose that the Rams might take Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State, with the 6th pick, even if Justin Blackmon is still on the board.

Allow me to go on record as saying that I don't buy that concept for a minute (and, for what its worth, neither does Jim Thomas).

The other hypothetical I've seen floated is that the Eagles are the team that really wants Cox, and the Rams are deliberately trying to entice them to trade up to get him.

Again, color me skeptical.

But, given that we have a few days to kill before the draft, here's a hypothetical trade.

Rams send their first pick (#6) to the Eagles for their first (#15), one of their second round picks (#46) and their third round pick (#88). For those who like the Trade Value Chart, the Rams would be exchanging 1,600 points for 1,640.

Would you make this trade?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Fletcher Cox/Eagles Trade Hypothetical

I went with yes, but only if Blackmon is gone.

If Blackmon is there, I take him.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I went with yes, but only if Blackmon is gone.

If Blackmon is there, I take him.
    I agree with this. If Blackmon is gone grab those extra picks.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

I would be very surprised if the rams take cox over blackmon or richardson; however i can see us taking cox over claiborne.

We are getting back a good amount from the eagles for the trade; so i would take it and start looking at Floyd, Poe and even decastro

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

if Blackmon and Richardson are gone i would,then take DeCastro or Floyd if they somehow make it that far ) if we took DeCastro,then try for WR Randle,then best DT for us that`s still on the board,Muscle Hamster and so on..

berg8309 is offline Registered User

The extra picks would allow us to move back up into the first if a player we liked was sitting there, or we could wait and pile up some players in the 2nd round. It all depends on how the Rams rate the receivers available in the 2nd round. Frankly I'd prefer taking Blackmon, but if the Rams brass thinks the WRs available later can get the job done, I guess I'd defer to them.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I read the rumors of the Eagles being interested in moving up to get Cox weeks ago. I'm not sure they need to move up to #6 to make that move.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Hmm.... On one hand:

Blackmon, Thompson, Martin, Schwartz

....on the other:

Floyd, Thompson, Martin, Zeitler, Tank Carder, Jeff Allen

I have to admit......I'd probably make that trade.
    San Diego Ram likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

codeman123 is offline Registered User

I would only make a trade if it is unbelievably Rams lopsided or if Blackmon, Clairborne, and Richardson are gone (meaning Kalil falls to 6).

To trade all the way down to 15 it would take at least both of Philly's second rounders. If they want him they have to pay up. (15, 46, 51)

DeCastro, Janoris Jenkins, AJ Jenkins, Mychal Kendricks, Alameda Ta'amu would be a pretty sweet haul.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

With all of our holes, I'm willing to roll the dice and go for broke.

I don't care who is at 6, if we can get another 2nd rounder for our #6 pick(and in this case a 3rd as well), I'll trade it. 2nd round picks are usually the best value for production vs cost, so I want all that I can get.

Blackmon would be great, but Floyd or Poe/Brockers at 15 and an added middle 2nd pick would be just fine with me. I'm satsified that a WR at #33 will be quite suitable if we pass on one in the first, even if they might not be as awesome as Blackmon or Floyd.
    Rambos and thermobee like this.
    I believe!

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    I would only make a trade if it is unbelievably Rams lopsided or if Blackmon, Clairborne, and Richardson are gone (meaning Kalil falls to 6).

To trade all the way down to 15 it would take at least both of Philly's second rounders. If they want him they have to pay up. (15, 46, 51)

DeCastro, Janoris Jenkins, AJ Jenkins, Mychal Kendricks, Alameda Ta'amu would be a pretty sweet haul.
    I'm kind of thinking if Kalil is still available at 6, the Rams would have a few suitors willing to deal up to get him. From the article today it appears as though Smith is healthy, and the Rams might try another year with him and Saffold. I can't wait for the draft this year!

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I don't care who is at 6, if we can get another 2nd rounder for our #6 pick(and in this case a 3rd as well), I'll trade it. 2nd round picks are usually the best value for production vs cost, so I want all that I can get.
    Put it another way, if the Rams could walk out of this draft with 4 guys who play at the level of James Laurinaitis (unlikely to make a pro-bowl but far superior talent) would the fans be happy? I'd be thrilled.

Imagine if they get:
    1st round = Poe or Brockers at DT
    2nd round = Konz at center or Glenn at G
    2nd round = David Wilson or Lamar Miller at RB
    2nd round = Bobbie Massie at OT

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I would make the deal to get the extra picks in round 2 &3, but there's a strong chance Cox won't be there at #15 as Carolina is listed in several mocks that I've seen taking him at #9. The success in drafting is not falling in love with a player, but rather taking the best player on your board at the spot you're picking.

I like your picks Rebel except if we trade back to #15 as your draft indicates, why not take Michael Floyd if he's there. Remember, if we trade out of #6 Blackmon will be there for a receiver needy team, so Floyd may fall to #15 for us. I really like your 2nd round as I'm a big Bobbie Massie fan because of his measurables and ability to play big in big games. The tape of him against Alabama and LSU are very impressive according to Mike Mayock. The RB's are great too as they offer a change of pace from SJax. I don't think Konz will be there in round 2, but Zeitler might and he'd be terrific for us at a position of need. With the round 3 pick we could still grab another WR like Brian Quick of App State, or Nick Toon of Wisc.

Go Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I like your picks Rebel except if we trade back to #15 as your draft indicates, why not take Michael Floyd if he's there. Remember, if we trade out of #6 Blackmon will be there for a receiver needy team, so Floyd may fall to #15 for us. I really like your 2nd round as I'm a big Bobbie Massie fan because of his measurables and ability to play big in big games. The tape of him against Alabama and LSU are very impressive according to Mike Mayock. The RB's are great too as they offer a change of pace from SJax. I don't think Konz will be there in round 2, but Zeitler might and he'd be terrific for us at a position of need. With the round 3 pick we could still grab another WR like Brian Quick of App State, or Nick Toon of Wisc.

Go Rams!
    I was just showing how much quality talent will be available. I don't buy the argument at all that this is a 6 man draft. Last year Jones went #6 but we keep getting told it's unfair to compare Blackmon to Jones because Jones is such a freak. Well, how does Blackmon make it into the top 6 and we still call it a 6-man draft if he's not to be compared to last years top picks?

I like Massie a lot also.
    Last edited by HUbison; -04-20-2012 at 03:18 PM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Yes, unless Blackmon or Richardson are available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast