Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

flippin' Mock Draft v1.0

***This is my first mock draft, don't expect it to be that great so please don't leave any harsh criticism... I'm trying my best aight ***

Round 1-14
    Julio Jones: WR, Alabama

The 'Skins had interest in coveting Jones but reports view it as a luxury pick (similar to us drafting Mark Ingram if that's the case). An obvious franchise WR who'll create a dynamic duo like Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison.

Round 2-47
    Quinton Carter: FS, Oklahoma

This draft class is very weak in the safety position with Rahim Moore only being the possibility of moving late into the 1st round via Cowboys trade between picks 25-32. Very physical and versatile, will fit into Spags's blitzing schemes as well slowing down pass happy offenses.

Round 3-78
    Daniel Thomas: RB, Kansas State

Age is considered an issue for this kid (23) due to the typical lifespan of RBs but he is very raw in potential; being a very physical, Steven Jackson-type RB. He's a medium-term answer for RB and can mold into a system in the making where our offense utilizes the spread with the flavor of a physical running game.

Round 4-112
    Nigel Bradham: OLB, Florida State

Physical type OLB, questionable instincts but has potential to be molded into an adequate linebacker with his raw tackling skills.

Round 5-145
    Ian Williams: NT, Notre Dame

Maybe a solid depth nose tackle, maybe not a long term replacement for Fred Robbins but can fill in the role of Gary Gibson with his raw ability of stuffing the trenches. Has weakness in making contact in areas outside the trenches as well as weight problems but Spags may be able to mold him nicely.

Round 7-216
    Colin Baxter: C/G, Arizona State

Depth guy who can provide decent services as a center if Jason Brown were to be down. He has good run blocking skills and may be able to provide nice holes for Steven Jackson. Has questionable hands and pass protection skills

Round 7-228 via Baltimore
    James Dockery: CB, Oregon State

Depth corner, can backup Bartell and Fletcher if one of 'em are down. Had a great Pro day. Wonder if he's related to Kevin Dockery? Hope he doesn't have his coverage skills if that's the case.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: flippin' Mock Draft v1.0

I don't know how much I like this.

I think that WR is an immediate need pick for the Redskins - there's absolutely nothing behind 30+ veteran Santana Moss. In the second, I think Carter is a bit of a reach, and I think the same can be said for Thomas, who could slide into the fourth. Still, I'd be elated if Jones were to fall to #14.