View Poll Results: Which of these players would you be happy with at #11 (vote for as many as you want)

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael Huff, S, Texas

34 77.27%
  • Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon

32 72.73%
  • Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa

19 43.18%
  • Jimmy Williams, CB, VaTech

26 59.09%
  • Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State

9 20.45%
  • Bobby Carpenter, OLB/DE, Ohio State

8 18.18%
  • Manny Lawson, OLB/DE, NC State

10 22.73%
  • Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College

6 13.64%
  • DeMeco Ryans, OLB, Alabama

5 11.36%
  • Brodrick Bunkley, DT, FSU

8 18.18%
  • Tye Hill, CB, Clemson

7 15.91%
  • None of the Above

1 2.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which of the following players would you be happy with at #11?

I find the results of this poll to be extremely interesting.

Of the 11 players listed, one of whom is very likely to end up being the Rams' selection, there are only 3 that the majority of the (currently 32) voters would be happy with (Huff, Ngota, J.Williams). And, even among those three, only Huff was chosen by at least 80% of the voters.

This shows how much subjectivity there is in draft selections. I'm sure if I had listed A.J. Hawk and Mario Williams (neither of whom will fall to pick #11), they'd be at or near 100%. But when you go to the next level, the decision becomes harder and individuals' personal preferences become a significant factor.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

i would really love to see Ngata on the rams, think about this with him and Glover on the interior this will only open things up for Little & Hargrove on the outside. And remember everything starts in the trenches. i really feel that this would be a monster of a front line that would dominate the trenches & have qbs runnin for their lives. could this be the coming of the 2nd FEARSOME FOURSOME.

RamJackson39 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I don't know how you can call a player that started at OLB for a major college program and recorded over 150 tackles in his final season "a project." I think you, and many others, are completely overreacting to his supposedly poor combine performance. This reminds me of what happened with Terrell Suggs, who had surprisingly slow 40 times and dropped in the draft, only to become a premier NFL pass rusher.
    Becuase many question why he had so much trouble getting off blocks and why he seemed to dissapear at times. Not to mention that he played next to the second best ILB in this draft (Abdul Hodge). Greenway's numbers would easily inflate because of the attention that Hodge would draw.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    he seemed to dissapear at times.
    Just because you repeat this line over and over again does not make it true. 150+ tackles is hard to do when you're disappearing.

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Just because you repeat this line over and over again does not make it true. 150+ tackles is hard to do when you're disappearing.
    Exactly. And RJ39, tell me one LB in the NFL that doesn't dissappear at times!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I voted for Michael Huff, Haloti Ngata, Chad Greenway, Jimmy Williams, and Tye Hill, because those are the only listed players that I would feel okay about drafting 11th overall (some more than others).
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Drew4EverRams Guest

i voted all except hali,huff,williams and hill-some of the ones i voted for i would try to pick down to get with the added bonus of extra picks and the ones i didnt vote for i think are value for money at 11th pick but dont fill the needs of the rams!

IMHO!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12