Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Forever linked in time -- TJ McDonald / Stedman Bailey vs Keenan Allen / Late Safety

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Forever linked in time -- TJ McDonald / Stedman Bailey vs Keenan Allen / Late Saf

Quote Originally Posted by richtree
    I think Britt will be a Ram next year anyway via sign and trade for one of our 1st round picks....
    Sweet heavens, I hope you're wrong. That transaction would forfeit all political capital that this front office has built.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Forever linked in time -- TJ McDonald / Stedman Bailey vs Keenan Allen / Late Saf

If Allen is who you say he is, and his Pro Day performance was merely the result of an injury that will be 100% healed by training camp, then why did so many teams pass on him last weekend?

I think we get ourselves into trouble when we think we know more than the people who do this for a living. Sure, they are wrong about certain players, but their opinion is based upon a lot more information than we will ever have access to.

MoStateRam is offline Registered User

Forever linked in time -- TJ McDonald / Stedman Bailey vs Keenan Allen / Late S

B/c NFL front offices generally don't know a good football player when they see one. Too much stock is put into 40 times and other physical tests. Allen is a baller plain and simple. He will have first round production.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Forever linked in time -- TJ McDonald / Stedman Bailey vs Keenan Allen / Late S

Quote Originally Posted by MoStateRam View Post
    B/c NFL front offices generally don't know a good football player when they see one. Too much stock is put into 40 times and other physical tests. Allen is a baller plain and simple. He will have first round production.
    This is wholly untrue. If it were, the hit/miss mark would be all over the map, and there would be just as many starters drafted in the 1st round as the 7th. But there aren't, because teams do know what they are doing. They aren't going to hit 100% of the time, that's the nature of trying to predict who can elevate their game to the NFL level. But to suggest that NFL teams have no idea what they are doing is complete off-base, and there is no evidence what-so-ever to back up that assertion.

Re: Forever linked in time -- TJ McDonald / Stedman Bailey vs Keenan Allen / Late S

Its remarkable that, despite such ignorance, the NFL has been able to build a billion dollar industry. Imagine what the league would be like if it would just accept that the best talent evaluators are casual fans who watch a few college games and some YouTube clips, rather than the clowns who do it for a living.

I wonder if some of the second-guessing fans watch baseball and say "Man, that guy sucks. He only gets a hit 3 out of every 10 times he goes to the plate!"
    ZiaRam likes this.

B/c NFL front offices generally don't know a good football player when they see one.
    Credibility is a hard thing to regain once lost. It shouldn't be relinquished so enthusiastically.
    MauiRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Its remarkable that, despite such ignorance, the NFL has been able to build a billion dollar industry. Imagine what the league would be like if it would just accept that the best talent evaluators are casual fans who watch a few college games and some YouTube clips, rather than the clowns who do it for a living.
    I may be going out on a limb a bit but I'll wager that you are being sarcastic here.

Just a hunch!
    gap likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    I may be going out on a limb a bit but I'll wager that you are being sarcastic here.

Just a hunch!
    Lucida Console.

richtree is offline Registered User

Av, I understand your point but you and I both know that people in the position to make the selection aren't always the most talented people. Politics, moneys, and nepotism get jobs too often in today's America. Teabow was a Round1 draft choice because one guy believed in him. If not he may have gone rounds without being selected. There are too many factors too try to clearly state why some guys go early, and some guys go later....ie Tom Brady, Russell Wilson., etc......

I think all we can do is clearly use the past results we have via film and any other media to best predict the future. I don't see any way that anyone using these variables (without emotional involvement) could clearly state that Keenan Allen hasn't been and will be a better player over Stedman Bailey.

Unless there is a greater injury concern than we know Allen is clearly the better player which we passed on for one reason or another. I look forward to seeing him play....

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I think all we can do is clearly use the past results we have via film and any other media to best predict the future. I don't see any way that anyone using these variables (without emotional involvement) could clearly state that Keenan Allen hasn't been and will be a better player over Stedman Bailey.

Unless there is a greater injury concern than we know Allen is clearly the better player which we passed on for one reason or another. I look forward to seeing him play....
    Keenan Allen Career
    REC 205 2570 YARDS 17 TDs

Stedman Bailey Career
    REC 210 3218 YARDS 41 TDs

richtree what is it you see that I don't? Bailey has only 5 more catches in his career yet he has 648 more yards and 24 TDs. What is it that you see, that makes you can say Allen is more explosive then Bailey.

Help me understand.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Keenan Allen Career
    REC 205 2570 YARDS 17 TDs

Stedman Bailey Career
    REC 210 3218 YARDS 41 TDs

richtree what is it you see that I don't? Bailey has only 5 more catches in his career yet he has 648 more yards and 24 TDs. What is it that you see, that makes you can say Allen is more explosive then Bailey.

Help me understand.
    yeah, but you guys don't understand how bad Cal's passing attack was.....89th in the country.

Their system stinks, the QBs stink, 13TD 13Ints for the season....Allen had 6 of them.....

big difference from playing in West Virginia's offense

citr92 likes this.

MoStateRam is offline Registered User

Forever linked in time -- TJ McDonald / Stedman Bailey vs Keenan Allen / Late S

Yeah could you imagine?

I felt the same way about Marty Gilyard as I did about Allen but Allen was also a legit five star prospect coming out of highschool, and played all through college with a TERRIBLE QB. I mean yeah, evaluations aren't an exact science. We will see on Allen, at the moment I feel like the Rams let a potential star slip away. He was there for the taking.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    yeah, but you guys don't understand how bad Cal's passing attack was.....89th in the country.

Their system stinks, the QBs stink, 13TD 13Ints for the season....Allen had 6 of them.....

big difference from playing in West Virginia's offense

yes...california was BAD to say the LEAST

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Sarcastic font is sarcastic.
    Nick likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast