Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Forever linked in time -- TJ McDonald / Stedman Bailey vs Keenan Allen / Late Safety

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Forever linked in time -- TJ McDonald / Stedman Bailey vs Keenan Allen / Late Saf

Quote Originally Posted by vanillasue View Post
    You all know I wanted DeAndre Hopkins by trading back and we could have got another 3rd and kept our 2nd round pick.
    After already beating that horse dead in this thread, I'm still waiting on the credible source showing a team that (1) was willing to give up a third to move up to the Rams' pick at 16 and (2) picked before Houston and thus would have allowed the Rams the opportunity to move back and take Hopkins. Without those pieces of information, your notion that this "could" have happened is about as realistic as me saying I "could" win the lottery next weekend.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Re: Forever linked in time -- TJ McDonald / Stedman Bailey vs Keenan Allen / Late Saf

We were able to trade down from 22 to 30 and still pick up Ogletree so I don't think it is to much of a stretch to say we could trade down for Hopkins. We could have take Hopkins at 22 and traded #16 to 30 and got an extra 2nd that way. Think of that.

Draft.

Hopkins #22
    Ogletree #30
    1st 2nd rounder - How about Melanic Watson OT ? - A beast to be a star in a few years. or DT Cornellius Carradineanother star in a few years.
    2nd 2nd rounder - How about Arthur Brown ? - A misille LB to go with Ogletree - Are you kidding me - Wilson and Kapernick will have no where to run with him and Ogle. Baltimore stole Arthur Brown.
    or you could put a better WR in there than Bailey. There were 4 or 5 others - That kid from Marshall looked pretty good.

Wow - the possibilities - We won't know how this pans out for a few years, but it will be interesting to watch.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by vanillasue View Post
    We were able to trade down from 22 to 30 and still pick up Ogletree so I don't think it is to much of a stretch to say we could trade down for Hopkins. We could have take Hopkins at 22 and traded #16 to 30 and got an extra 2nd that way. Think of that.
    Okay, I've thought about that, and I've concluded that it is a stretch to say that. At least until you provide some credible source saying the Falcons were willing to trade up to 16 at the expense of a second round pick rather than just assuming they'd be fine with it.

I'm sorry, but you don't get to hold a completely unrealistic and hypothetical deal over the Rams' heads as if they could have made it when it's entirely a figment of your creation.
    Rammed likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    How in the world could anyone conclude in a factual assertion that we took a "questionable" talent at safety ahead of a "legitimate" wide receiver talent and state that as a bottom line?
    It is a known fact that anything I type is instantly a known fact. The Rams looked at DeAndre Hopkins several times in private workouts and determined their course of action. I'm not willing to second guess their draft without having met the kid.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Keenan Allen Career
    REC 205 2570 YARDS 17 TDs

Stedman Bailey Career
    REC 210 3218 YARDS 41 TDs

richtree what is it you see that I don't? Bailey has only 5 more catches in his career yet he has 648 more yards and 24 TDs. What is it that you see, that makes you can say Allen is more explosive then Bailey.

Help me understand.
    Stats have nothing to do with explosiveness. I don't want it to seem like Bailey is a horrible player, because he obviously is not. He has really good hands and uses his body well.

Its just that Keenan Allen has the ability to be one of those special WRs that start for 5-7 years like a Victor Cruz type. If you are basis your analysis on stats than Tim Tebow should have be the best NFL QB of all time, and that's just plain dumb.

Geno Smith threw to Bailey and West Virginia had Austin to disstract the defense in a wide open, shotgun, shoot em up, style.....

Keenan Allen's stats were with a well below average offense and below average QBs.....

West Virgina averaged 39.5 points per game. Cal 23.3 points per game.....

With the QB, offense, and no help what Keenan Allen did at Cal was amazing. He was on a rushing team that was overmatched every game with a QB that couldn't throw.

I will be routing for Austin and Bailey each and every game, but I really think we made a bad move taking a safety ahead of Allen. I think it shows our win now approach, which I laud, and hopefully we can get into playoffs and Bradford can show his stuff.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Stats have nothing to do with explosiveness. I don't want it to seem like Bailey is a horrible player, because he obviously is not. He has really good hands and uses his body well.

Its just that Keenan Allen has the ability to be one of those special WRs that start for 5-7 years like a Victor Cruz type. If you are basis your analysis on stats than Tim Tebow should have be the best NFL QB of all time, and that's just plain dumb.

Geno Smith threw to Bailey and West Virginia had Austin to disstract the defense in a wide open, shotgun, shoot em up, style.....

Keenan Allen's stats were with a well below average offense and below average QBs.....

With the QB, offense, and no help what Keenan Allen did at Cal was amazing. He was on a rushing team that was overmatched every game with a QB that couldn't throw.

I will be routing for Austin and Bailey each and every game, but I really think we made a bad move taking a safety ahead of Allen. I think it shows our win now approach, which I laud, and hopefully we can get into playoffs and Bradford can show his stuff.
    Stats have nothing to do with explosiveness.
    How do you measure explosiveness? If not looking at what a guys averages per touch or catch? Is it based on what you project IF player (A) is in the same systems as player (B)? Not sure how you can make that judgement to be honest. I agree that Bailey was in a better place to be successful more so then Allen. Not so sure how you can project one to heads and shoulders over the other based on the players around a college player.

And in the pros Bailey will have Sammy and Austin will still be a distraction along with Givens and Cook. Seems like once again Bailey will be in the better spot to succeed.

Yeah I know and Bailey had a lot to do with that as he lead the team not Austin in receiving yards and TDs...

1622 yards and 25 TDs. It's kind of hard to not look at what he has produced and not think he will be a productive pro.

I will be routing for Austin and Bailey each and every game, but I really think we made a bad move taking a safety ahead of Allen.
    I think you are saying we made a mistake taking Bailey over Allen. TJ had not to do with us adding Bailey IMO. If the FO wanted Allen they would have taken him.

Cortland Finnegan when asked on ESPN which rookie impressed him the most during OTAs he said Stedman Bailey... he was not asked witch rookie receiver.

Cortland Finnegan in The Turn 5-24-13 - 101Sports.com

I have a feeling the Bailey is going to be a very productive pro, it might not happen in his rookie year but it will happen. IMO when all is said and done I would not be shocked if he becomes our best receiver over time.
    Last edited by Rambos; -05-29-2013 at 01:53 PM.

richtree is offline Registered User

ok...sure....see you guys at the draft next year

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234