ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Forget About Sharper - Bernie

Bernie writes:

In a word, no.

Kurt Schottenheimer doesn't like Sharper, and the Rams have no interest in signing him.

Cheers,
    Bernie

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Forget About Sharper - Bernie

This is probably for the better. If we had wanted a Sharper, we would have hung on to Edwards. SS instead of FS, but a lot of the same assets AND liabilities.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I have a feeling our starting FS next year may come from the first two rounds of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I have a feeling our starting FS next year may come from the first two rounds of the draft.
    1st - Jamaal Brown OT
    2nd - Brodney Pool or Josh Bullocks

If we take one of the safeties in the first, there won't be a RT option in the 2nd. However, I could live with Pool or Bullocks either one in the 2nd (although better chance of Bullocks being there than Pool)
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I think Pool will be gone way before the Rams pick in the 2nd. He could be a first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    I think Pool will be gone way before the Rams pick in the 2nd. He could be a first round pick.
    That's why I think Pool won't be a Ram. Pool is gone shortly after we pick at #19, but Bullocks is probably still there in the 2nd...not a big drop off. However, if we pass on Brown (or if he's gone Barnes) in the 1st, the next best OT in the 2nd round will probably be Adam Terry who has great upside, but a lot of questions. So if the question comes down to who am I more comfortable with at RT & FS, I would take Brown and Bullocks over Pool and Terry.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Can't say I'm disappointed. Sharper has been on the decline for the last two seasons from what I've heard from Packer fans, and he seems like one of those signings everyone wants to make because of his name. I'd rather grab a youth guy in the draft and see if we can't build someone who can be with us for a long time.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!