Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Forget Crabtree... the real "wild card" for the Rams is:

Mark Sanchez.

Word is that he is on the fence as to whether to declare or return to USC. In my opinion, if he does enter the draft, he would be the QB prospect by far. I'd rate him above Stafford, Bradford and any other potential prospect by quite a bit.

Nonetheless, if he does declare, I don't know that he'd be the Lion's pick. They could certainly choose Stafford, who has received more publicity, or Bradford, the Heisman winner.

If Sanchez is available to the Rams, I'd strongly consider him. It would, of course, mean the Rams would have find an OT some other way (FA, trade up to get another first round pick).

But, if you ask me, Sanchez is the only "franchise QB" who could be available this year. If he's there, I don't know that I could pass on him.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: Forget Crabtree... the real "wild card" for the Rams is:

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Mark Sanchez.

Word is that he is on the fence as to whether to declare or return to USC. In my opinion, if he does enter the draft, he would be the QB prospect by far. I'd rate him above Stafford, Bradford and any other potential prospect by quite a bit.

Nonetheless, if he does declare, I don't know that he'd be the Lion's pick. They could certainly choose Stafford, who has received more publicity, or Bradford, the Heisman winner.

If Sanchez is available to the Rams, I'd strongly consider him. It would, of course, mean the Rams would have find an OT some other way (FA, trade up to get another first round pick).

But, if you ask me, Sanchez is the only "franchise QB" who could be available this year. If he's there, I don't know that I could pass on him.
    1.) Are you saying that the Rams should take Sanchez with the 2nd pick in the draft or are you implying that we should trade down for more picks and then look to pick him up?

2.) And why do you think he's a better candidate than either Stafford or Bradford? Also, don't you remember how good Leinart looked playing for the Trojans? I've got to think that the system and talent on that team can make a lot of QBs look better than they really are.

WHAT SAY YE?

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    1.) Are you saying that the Rams should take Sanchez with the 2nd pick in the draft or are you implying that we should trade down for more picks and then look to pick him up?

2.) And why do you think he's a better candidate than either Stafford or Bradford? Also, don't you remember how good Leinart looked playing for the Trojans? I've got to think that the system and talent on that team can make a lot of QBs look better than they really are.

WHAT SAY YE?
    Don't forget Palmer as well.

Yeah he looked flashy, but the Pac 10 wasn't exactly solid competition this year; I'd rate the MWC ahead of them, and of the BCS Conferences, only the Big East was worse.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Don't forget Palmer as well.

Yeah he looked flashy, but the Pac 10 wasn't exactly solid competition this year; I'd rate the MWC ahead of them, and of the BCS Conferences, only the Big East was worse.
    I actually feel that Carson Palmer has lived up to his billing- well about as well as anyone could playing in the Black Hole known as Cincinnati.

Totally agree with your assessment of the Pac10 this year. I've heard from multiple sources that it was really a down year; therefore it would be rather difficulty to accurately assess Mark Sanchez when he's piling up numbers in a diluted conference.

BTW what is the MWC and who plays in it?

WHAT SAY YE?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

If he declares, I don't envision Sanchez being much of a factor for our first-round pick.

I think he's a mid to late first rounder this year if he comes out. He simply needs more experience and development in preparation for his pro career, IMO. If he stays for another year, he could be the top signal caller in next year's class.

Then again, if he doesn't want to go to a really bad team, maybe he comes out and gets taken by the Jets or the Vikings where there are some pieces there. But if he comes out this year, I don't think he's a factor for our first-round pick.

BTW what is the MWC and who plays in it?
    Mountain West Conference, which includes TCU and Utah to name a few.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I don't even think he goes in the first round this year, if he declares. I don't believe he will declare though, especially with the competition of other Qbs coming out, and because he's practically a god at USC right now. It would be a tough gig to give up. He can certainly improve his status if he stays.

Second pick. I'd then try to trade up to get another first round pick in the hope of getting an OT (or, perhaps, Unger or Mack at C).

Stafford has all the tools and still had a mediocre year. Bradford is a college system QB, in my opinion.

Before Leinart came out, I had him at the top of my overrated/future bust list (I'm sure you can find an old post of mine confirming this). Sanchez has real NFL tools. The comparison to Carson Palmer is a good one.

SJacks039 is offline Registered User

I can't tell if he's goin to be a bust or what. But i think he will be better than stafford. I like how he can throw out of the pocket and make plays himself. I saw Sanchez throw some rockets on post patterns. I admit that i watched sanchez more than stafford this year. But sanchez is just a playmaker and looks like hes got the tools. While Stafford made some good nfl throws this year somethin about his game just make me think hes kind of lazy. He better work if he wants to be good in the nfl.

2nd pick? Sanchez wouldn't be a good idea because there are many other positions we could fill and we already are spending too much money at qb. I LIKE AARON CURRY #2 he could be a wildcard. They should really just keep it simple n take eugene monroe

If the FO was willing to trade that pick we could trade with the eagles we could get 2 late first round picks and more picks because the 2nd overall pick is worth a lot of points on the draft chart. **** maybe lito too revive that little man's career.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

With this team.....they could draft any position but K or P and I'd be happy. Any position.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I don't know Av. Only way I'd approve of this pick is if we get Jordan Gross.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I think Stafford is a way better option this QB class is pretty weak I think we can wait a little or get a guy in the late rounds. If we think Stafford is a franchise guy I say take him I'll pass on Sanchez. The wild card for me is still Crabtree if not a tackle, but I still have the 3 tackles ahead of him at this point. To me Crabtree isn't Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald, so I can't justify him going that early.

What can I tell you?

I am a Mark Sanchez fan. I celebrate his entire catalogue. I mean, when he beat Penn State in the Rose Bowl... for my money it doesn't get any better than that.*

*Subtle movie reference?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    What can I tell you?

I am a Mark Sanchez fan. I celebrate his entire catalogue. I mean, when he beat Penn State in the Rose Bowl... for my money it doesn't get any better than that.*

*Subtle movie reference?
    When you're ready to document your Sanchez fandom, don't forget to put a cover sheet on your TPS report.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Also, don't you remember how good Leinart looked playing for the Trojans? I've got to think that the system and talent on that team can make a lot of QBs look better than they really are.
    Living in Southern Cal, I watch most Trojan games and IMO Sanchez is a Matt Leinart clone. I agree with RAMarkable that he benefits from the talent around him and looks better than he really is. Like Leinart, when he's forced out of his comfort zone, he looks very mediocre. That said, maybe I should note that I'm a UCLA die-hard.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Pace won't be back and that will be a major need to replace him next season. Look for the Rams to go with the OT from Alabama.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast