View Poll Results: Would you want Colt McCoy to be the franchise QB for the Rams?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 58.33%
  • No

15 41.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Optimistic Lamb Guest

The Forgotten QB in this Draft

Colt McCoy!!!

So often on the NFl channel (and this forum) Colt McCoy gets lost between the Tebow bashing and the Suh vs Bradford hype. But what about Colt McCoy? Have you seen this guy's statistics? They're off the charts!!! If he doesn't go in the first round, how could the Rams NOT take him in the 2nd?

2009 Statistics:

470 Att / 3,521 Yards / 70.6 cmp% / 7.4 YPA / 27 TD

*Colt's 2009 stats aren't even his best year
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -03-08-2010 at 05:38 PM.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Re: The Forgotten QB in this Draft

I really like Peter Kings idea in this weeks MMQB. Take Suh with the first and trade into the mid of the first round to pick up McCoy (PK things McCoy will not last till our first pick in the second round).

So a yes from me (but not with the nr 1 pick).

richtree is offline Registered User

You all really think Pike isn't close to a 2nd rounder but McCoy is a late first rounder ? lol

good luck with this kid.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

I think the importance of getting a starting QB for THIS year means we draft one with our 1rst pick or swing a deal for one already in the league. If we get one already in the league(with one of our picks in the deal probably) then he would be our starter this season, and push off the need and the ability to address it til next year.

I think the only way a 2nd tier QB is on this team next year is if Bulger stays, Feely backs him up, and we get rid of Null and Rielly.

Eagles want a 2nd for Vick, HA WTF ever, I think they have overplayed their hand here IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    You all really think Pike isn't close to a 2nd rounder but McCoy is a late first rounder ? lol

good luck with this kid.
    Yup, yup, yup

Colt certainly is worth a 2nd round pick, while Pike has a lot of question marks by his name. The only issues Colt seems to have is durability and playing under center. But his shoulder wasn't hurt that bad and just about every QB has to learn to play under center. So what if he sits a year?

No character issues either.
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -03-08-2010 at 07:58 PM.

thickandthin Guest

I'd like us getting Colt, but I don't really see him going in the first.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I wish we picked Suh first, then McCoy in the 2nd.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I would rather have Tebow, Lefevour or Pike.

Go for Lefevour or Pike in 3rd round.

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    I'd like us getting Colt, but I don't really see him going in the first.
    i'd have to second this I don't think he's going to go in the 1st round

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa39rams View Post
    I wish we picked Suh first, then McCoy in the 2nd.
    Right on. I think that would be a perfect-world scenario.

In my mind, however, I'm still debating between McCoy and Bradford.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

If we go for Colt McCoy that means we will get King Suh. I like that scenario.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Aronmorg Guest

Really who knows about QB's in this league? Everybody is always saying how that is the hardest position to scout and predict their success. We haven't seen all the tape again and again the scouts have on the top four QB's.

I really don't know what separates them at all. I have heard most often that Bradford, Clausen, McCoy, and Tebow all have really high football IQ's. I haven't heard about any of them having an absolute cannon for an arm, although both tebow and Bradford do have pretty good arm strength. And the only one who has worked under center is Clausen. I still don't know why anybody would take Bradford over McCoy except that he is 2 inches taller? 15 pounds heavier? Except for that they both were very successful in the same system. And from everything i've heard McCoy is a better leader, of course how do you measure that though.

I just don't understand the big difference between at least Clausen, McCoy, and Bradford. Tebow needs to work on his throwing motion of course. But I just don't see the drop off in talent like McShay and Kiper do. as a matter of fact everybody has Clausen and Bradford as tier 1 while everybody else is tier 2. Can somebody explain to me why that is. I really do believe it is all media perception that has these two rated so high above everybody else.

I honestly don't know who the rams should take as a QB? I don't know why they have to take one this year except that the front office needs to win to keep their job.

I would just as soon take Suh and draft McCoy in the second round.

Or Take Bradford with the overall pick and try to pick up Jermaine Gresham with my 2nd.

Or Trade to the fourth spot with Washington for extra picks this year or next year. Get Clausen (if they are so high on Bradford).

But we'll see.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I like Colt a lot and I think if given time he'll be a premier QB but he's not there now so he's not worth a 1st or top of the 2nd round pick. The further out you go with the development program, the more risk there is he'll ever get there.

Colt has the intangibles. It's his lack of NFL quality tangibles that make him a 4th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    I would rather have Tebow, Lefevour or Pike.

Go for Lefevour or Pike in 3rd round.

Tebow will have a very powerful throw when he get's his technique down, right now he is using all arm power. He has scary potential.

But I dont see the logic in taking Lefevour or Pike in the 3rd round. If there is a player you see as your franchise Qb, why are you waiting until the 3rd round? If your goal is to develop them, why then do we have Bulger, Boller, Feeley, Null, and Reily? We can only have so many on a roster. I don't think a project is what the rams are shooting for.

Most likely Feeley is replacing Boller at #2 QB, and Null/Reily will battle for #3. The starting job either has to be Bulger, or a new Qb.
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -03-09-2010 at 02:56 PM.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    But I dont see the logic in taking Lefevour or Pike in the 3rd round. If there is a player you see as your franchise Qb, why are you waiting until the 3rd round?

THAT is an important issue. If Bradford is either a 1st pick but no worse than a 6-7th pick, he IS considered by NFL scouts to be a premier long term prospect. If you are taking a kid in the 3rd or 4th round, they may be the same in the long term but they have more risk and require more development. As you say, those aren't equal traits as some would like to claim.

Personally, with several games of NFL playing time, I'd rather continue the development of Null than add a 4th round QB to the mix who isn't an obvious upgrade in every way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast