RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Fox Sports gave us a C!

19. St. Louis: Rookie head coach Scott Linehan shocked the NFL by taking two players with questionable character in LSU defensive tackle Claude Wroten and USC TE Dominique Byrd. However, both are very good players and Wroten, who tested positive for marijuana at the combine, could become a dominant player if he can stay clean. They wanted him and traded down in order to get him, too. Colorado TE Joe Klopfenstein was a very good pick and allowed them to trade Brandon mmm to the Chargers. Marques Hagans of Virginia will help the Rams as a punt returner. He played quarterback and has been compared to Antwaan Randle-El. There were concerns that Stanford's Jon Alston doesn't like to play football, and they took him with the 77th overall choice. Grade: C

RamsFan16

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Fox Sports gave us a C!

Any grade that fails to even mention Tye Hill is laughable.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Being a Sportswriter is like having a license to lie. Alston doesn't like to play football? Okay, let's ask Jon himself (the following is a quoter from Alston from a pre-draft article):

ďMan, there are so many things that I love about the game of football. I think itís a combination of everything. The thing I really love is that you can bring so many different types of people from so many different places together and work together for one common goal. To me, there are few things in the world that are comparable to that. My sophomore year in high school I played on a team that had eight shutouts. It was amazing that every time we were on the field we trusted every single one of those guys. We were like brothers. That season alone taught me so much about life and football. I strive to get that feeling every year because itís something I canít get anywhere else. And also, being able to run around and smack people as hard as you canÖthatís fun too,Ē
    Yeah, he obviously hates the game. Clearly, that was an agent-coached stock answer to throw off the scouts.

Did I mention that I hate sportswriters?

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The title says "FOX".

Remember, Fox is the network that only presents one side of a news story, and also gave us "Greg the Bunny".

I give them a D+.:tongue:

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

If anything Alston is the guy in our draft class that wants to play football the most