Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Re: Free Agent Preview: Wide Receivers/Tight Ends

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Daniel Graham and Eric Johnson are interesting. Graham's a good blocker. I've always thought Johnson was more of a pass catching TE? Unsure of his blocking skills.

Having said that, I feel like we need to stick with what we have and allow the youngsters more time to develop.
    Yeah Johnson is more of a receiving TE. His blocking is so-so.

Obviously, he's looking to get paid, but he also wants a starting job. The Niners have said they want him back as Davis's backup.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    The perfect guy for that would be Ashley Lelie
    Lelie is a bum, and if you're looking for a guy to go across the middle and break tackles a la Boldin, Lelie doesn't even come close. He's more of a deep threat and not much else. Don't forget, after he couldn't beat out Rod Smith for the #1 WR job, he whined about how felt he deserved to be the top WR (with the accompanying pay, of course). The Broncos traded him to the Falcons, where he couldn't beat out either of their sorry receivers for a starting job, either. He's the kind of guy who expects to have things handed to him without having to work for them. I doubt he'd be too happy sitting behind Holt and Bruce.

I mean, I think it'd be GREAT if you guys picked him up, but after a few weeks of putting up with him, I doubt you'd share my enthusiasm

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

viper is offline Registered User

Appreciate the insight, Brain Daddy. Good info for gaging the desirability and abilities of those guys. What are your thoughts about Drew Bennett and Ernest Wilford?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12