Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RAMarkable
  • 1 Post By RuffRams
  • 1 Post By MauiRam

Thread: Free Agent Spotlight -- Dustin Keller TE & Phil Loadholt

richtree is offline Registered User

Free Agent Spotlight -- Dustin Keller TE & Phil Loadholt

Rams have many needs on the offensive side of the ball. Even more if SJax and Danny Boy are out of here.

I think the most realistic(s) free agent for the Rams to sign will be Dustin Keller.

Dustin Keller surely will want out of the mess that is the New York Jets and he will also help being a sure handed target in the middle of the field (which we are missing). He won't cost too much to sign and can help us develop 2 TE formations.

Next, Phil Loadholt -- One of the best (if not the best) RT especially for run blocking and being a force. Ranked as high as #2 run blocker in league, and the perfect compliment to a Pass Blocking LT in Saffold. Loadholt PLAYED WITH BRADFORD AT OKLAHOMA ...

Lastly, if we got Keller and Loadholt -- We could then draft OG and fill our other needs in first 100 picks of the draft....

I think these 2 are realistic and a strong possibility..

FYI, if it came down to spending money on Danny or Loadholt its a no brainer --RT wins..

There are my 2 guys.....mock to come after combine.

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: Free Agent Spotlight -- Dustin Keller TE & Phil Loadholt

Obviously, I think Bradford can help influence Loadholt and
    Brian Schottenheimer can inflence Keller

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

richtree,

I agree with your opinions on Keller and Loadholt but I am wondering why you think it won't cost much to sign Keller? He has had some decent years and everyone knows if he had played with a better QB his numbers would be much better. So, I am not thinking he is gonna come all that cheaply.

Of course, I could be wrong....and I hope I am; this guy can play.

Also, with regards to Loadholt if he is the #2 rated RT he will definitely be seeking top money and, once again, I don't know if we can afford him.

I would, however, really love an OL of Saffold, Warmack, Wells, Dahl and Loadholt. That just turns me on!!

WHAT SAY YE?
    ManofGod likes this.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I don't disagree with the 2 players you've selected, but I think the chances of signing Loadholt are slim. The Vikings will do everything in their cap space to re-sign him. Don't forget he was a large part of the blocking that helped Adrian Peterson gain over 2,000 yards. To sign him we'll have to overpay a RT and we just got out of that situation with Jason Smith, with our limited FA $ I'm not so sure about that. If we get him for a reasonable price then by all means.

Keller would be a good get. Again, we have limited FA $ so what would he cost is my first question. Beyond that he could compliment L. Kendricks who can block OK and receive OK. Keller is a pretty decent receiver and of course he knows Schotty's offense. If the price is right we have a better chance of signing him than Loadholt.

Don't overlook our FA's that we want to re-sign such as Hayes, maybe SJax, maybe Amendola and I know there are others that I'm overlooking right now. I just don't see Jeff and Les wanting to get too deeply into FA signings of older players unless there is an immediate payoff and that cannot be solved in the draft.

Go Rams!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

If we could get Loadholt...

Ohhh yeaaaaaaaaah.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

NO chance Loadholt is available. Even AP is lobbying for his return, you can scratch him off the list right now. And even if he somehow made it to FA, he'd cost top dollar and there isn't a chance we could afford him (at this current rate). I like Keller too, and I think he will be available, but I'm not sure I'd throw my resources at him. I would very much like to see him in horns, though I believe the draft has some TE talent.

THE DREAM TEAM

RuffRams is offline Registered User

At TE. What about jared cook? Most probably returns to titans?
    Bar-bq likes this.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    NO chance Loadholt is available. Even AP is lobbying for his return, you can scratch him off the list right now. And even if he somehow made it to FA, he'd cost top dollar and there isn't a chance we could afford him (at this current rate). I like Keller too, and I think he will be available, but I'm not sure I'd throw my resources at him. I would very much like to see him in horns, though I believe the draft has some TE talent.
    No chance? Is AP going to pay him to stay? I agree he won't be cheap, but hard to say how Les and Fish grade him. I wouldn't write "The Load" off completely .. What happens if Jack & Danny leave? Right now it's anyone's best guess ..
    Ramblin` Ram likes this.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    No chance? Is AP going to pay him to stay? I agree he won't be cheap, but hard to say how Les and Fish grade him. I wouldn't write "The Load" off completely .. What happens if Jack & Danny leave? Right now it's anyone's best guess ..

That's what I've been contemplating. If Jax and 'Dola ride off into the sunset together - although we will miss them - it does free up a lot more cap space.

This could then be used for younger and hopefully heathier players like the ones this thread is speaking of.