Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,965
    Rep Power
    74

    Free agent SS William Moore

    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution expects free agent SS William Moore to get five years and $25-30 million on his next contract.

    We'd say those numbers are a bit conservative, but they're close. Tennessee signed Michael Griffin to a five-year, $35 million contract with $15 million guaranteed last offseason as he was entering his age-27 season, and Moore is arguably a better player as he enters his age-28 campaign. Atlanta does not intend to use the franchise tag before Monday's deadline.


    Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution


  2. #2
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    824
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Free agent SS William Moore

    If that's all he's asking for I say the Rams give it to him... cut Mikell and draft another S in the 2nd or 3rd round (Cyprien, Thomas, Rambo, Swearinger) and we'd have one of the best secondaries in the NFL

  3. #3
    RosieJones's Avatar
    RosieJones is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Free agent SS William Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    If that's all he's asking for I say the Rams give it to him... cut Mikell and draft another S in the 2nd or 3rd round (Cyprien, Thomas, Rambo, Swearinger) and we'd have one of the best secondaries in the NFL
    Now we just have to hope the Rams are thinking the same way, because I'd like to see it happen.

  4. #4
    mde8352gorams's Avatar
    mde8352gorams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,683
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Free agent SS William Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution expects free agent SS William Moore to get five years and $25-30 million on his next contract.

    We'd say those numbers are a bit conservative, but they're close. Tennessee signed Michael Griffin to a five-year, $35 million contract with $15 million guaranteed last offseason as he was entering his age-27 season, and Moore is arguably a better player as he enters his age-28 campaign. Atlanta does not intend to use the franchise tag before Monday's deadline.


    Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    From their mouth to God's ears. I would love to have him, but those numbers are exceedingly low based on what I've heard. If they franchise him he would get $6.9 million, according to what I've heard.

    Go Rams!

  5. #5
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,965
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Free agent SS William Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    From their mouth to God's ears. I would love to have him, but those numbers are exceedingly low based on what I've heard. If they franchise him he would get $6.9 million, according to what I've heard.

    Go Rams!
    William Moore, Atlanta Falcons: Reports waver on the Falcons' tag situation. Moore is the top candidate to receive a tag in Atlanta, but Jason La Canfora said the team appears unlikely to use it just days ago.
    We shall see soon enough the deadline is with in an hour...

  6. #6
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,411
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Free agent SS William Moore

    I'm not a huge fan, but I wouldn't be mad if we got him. If we're going to spend 6+ million on a FA, I'd rather go with Dashon Goldson. If we are looking for a cheaper opportunity, I'd like to get a guy like Louis Delmas or Kenny Phillips. At the end of the day I'd really be pleased with any of these guys. Let Mikell walk, sign one of these guys, and draft a rookie.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  7. #7
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,965
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Free agent SS William Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I'm not a huge fan, but I wouldn't be mad if we got him. If we're going to spend 6+ million on a FA, I'd rather go with Dashon Goldson. If we are looking for a cheaper opportunity, I'd like to get a guy like Louis Delmas or Kenny Phillips. At the end of the day I'd really be pleased with any of these guys. Let Mikell walk, sign one of these guys, and draft a rookie.
    I think Moore is going to be around 6 Million but Dashon Goldson is going to be closer to 10 Mil...

  8. #8
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,411
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Free agent SS William Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I think Moore is going to be around 6 Million but Dashon Goldson is going to be closer to 10 Mil...
    Doubt it. Goldson will be right around 8, but Moore has had injury issues, and has had 1 year of decent production, nothing special. Goldson has been solid for 3 years, playing at a pro bowl level the last two. He is great in coverage and will absolutely crank you if you go near him.

    My order: Goldson, Kenny Phillips, Louis Delmas, William Moore, Glover Quin


    THE DREAM TEAM

  9. #9
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,965
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Free agent SS William Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Doubt it. Goldson will be right around 8, but Moore has had injury issues, and has had 1 year of decent production, nothing special. Goldson has been solid for 3 years, playing at a pro bowl level the last two. He is great in coverage and will absolutely crank you if you go near him.

    My order: Goldson, Kenny Phillips, Louis Delmas, William Moore, Glover Quin
    We shall see...

  10. #10
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,301
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Free agent SS William Moore

    I have the same thoughts about this as I do signing a top free agent offensive lineman - it's a position of strength in the draft, so why go out and spend $30 million to get a good one when you could conceivably draft one who could be just as talented with a much cheaper contract?

    To me, it would make more sense to spend our free agent dollars on positions we don't feel great about in the draft. Whether it's Vaccaro, Elam, Reid, Cyprien, Thomas, Rambo, Swearinger, Jefferson... there are a lot of Day 1-2 safety prospects to like in this class.

    Then again, I'm also not a proponent of cutting Mikell either, though it'd be nice if he could lower that cap number somehow.

  11. #11
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    824
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Free agent SS William Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I have the same thoughts about this as I do signing a top free agent offensive lineman - it's a position of strength in the draft, so why go out and spend $30 million to get a good one when you could conceivably draft one who could be just as talented with a much cheaper contract?

    To me, it would make more sense to spend our free agent dollars on positions we don't feel great about in the draft. Whether it's Vaccaro, Elam, Reid, Cyprien, Thomas, Rambo, Swearinger, Jefferson... there are a lot of Day 1-2 safety prospects to like in this class.

    Then again, I'm also not a proponent of cutting Mikell either, though it'd be nice if he could lower that cap number somehow.
    I'm with you on Mikell; if he would take a pay cut by 3 or 4 mil I'd be happy to have him stay. Draft a replacement for Dahl (someone who's really good in pass coverage) and I'd be one happy camper.

  12. #12
    mde8352gorams's Avatar
    mde8352gorams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,683
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Free agent SS William Moore

    Normally I would agree with you Nick. I do agree that I want t see us find a way to keep Mikell. I just feel if we don't have some veteran at safety we could be hurting in our backfield against passers like Brees, Ryan, Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton and Luck, all of whom we face next season. Of course there would have to be good receivers on the other end of those passes.

    Bottom line, I would like to try getting Moore if Mikell goes away and then drafting a safety. Under the new CBA it's much wiser to draft than sign FA's. Time will tell.

    Go Rams!

  13. #13
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,301
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Free agent SS William Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Normally I would agree with you Nick. I do agree that I want t see us find a way to keep Mikell. I just feel if we don't have some veteran at safety we could be hurting in our backfield against passers like Brees, Ryan, Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton and Luck, all of whom we face next season. Of course there would have to be good receivers on the other end of those passes.

    Bottom line, I would like to try getting Moore if Mikell goes away and then drafting a safety. Under the new CBA it's much wiser to draft than sign FA's. Time will tell.

    Go Rams!
    Mikell's cap number is expensive, but is it worth creating another hole to fill?

    He's still probably going to count $3 million against the cap ($9 million cap number minus $6 million salary), and it's certainly possible that Moore's first year cap charge eats up whatever the Rams would save from cutting Mikell, and who knows if Moore will be a free agent success or a flop here.

    We know Mikell can play well in Fisher's defense - he did so in 2012 - so I think ideally the Rams would be better served keeping Mikell and trying to get him to restructure (maybe a small extension to help facilitate that) than cut him and sign another veteran safety to an expensive contract.

  14. #14
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,170
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Free agent SS William Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Mikell's cap number is expensive, but is it worth creating another hole to fill?

    He's still probably going to count $3 million against the cap ($9 million cap number minus $6 million salary), and it's certainly possible that Moore's first year cap charge eats up whatever the Rams would save from cutting Mikell, and who knows if Moore will be a free agent success or a flop here.

    We know Mikell can play well in Fisher's defense - he did so in 2012 - so I think ideally the Rams would be better served keeping Mikell and trying to get him to restructure (maybe a small extension to help facilitate that) than cut him and sign another veteran safety to an expensive contract.
    ^^This!

    Basically, this is exactly how I feel about Mikells situation. If it aint broke, dont fix it. Mikell played great last year and I think he can play at the same level this year, so why create yet another hole when FS is already a glaring one. Mikells a proven player in this system and we have many other holes to focus on. Not to mention, our CBs outside of Finnegan are very young and there will certaintly be some growing pains.

    I think at the end of the day everyone would love to see him stay and restructure his contract. However, with his solid play last year, the Rams really have no leverage in that situation. If youre thinking cutting him could be their leverage, I would say that another team would offer more money than what they would like to restructure his deal to.

Similar Threads

  1. William Moore Open To Rams?
    By sosa39rams in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -02-12-2013, 02:25 PM
  2. Free Agent QBs.
    By Flippin' Ram in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: -12-29-2009, 10:54 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -02-29-2008, 08:15 PM
  4. Curtis fires agent; other Rams free agent notes
    By Bruce=GOAT in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -03-06-2007, 11:42 AM
  5. any free agent needs??
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: -06-02-2004, 11:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •