throwback week

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Fresno State CB Richard Marshall declares for NFL Draft

NCAA | Marshall to declare himself for draft
    Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:52:34 -0800

CSTV.com reports Fresno State junior CB Richard Marshall will declare himself eligible for the 2006 NFL Draft, according to Fresno State head coach Pat Hill. Marshall said his decision was influenced by the NFL evaluation he received, which projects him to be selected in the second or third rounds.
    I've heard some rumblings that Marshall might be able to work his way into the bottom of the first round, but right now I'd have him pegged as a solid second rounder. He's a very explosive player, and returned two INTs for touchdowns last season. Definitely someone to keep in mind if the Rams are looking toward adding more depth in the secondary.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rampage39 Guest

Re: Fresno State CB Richard Marshall declares for NFL Draft

i don't get all these juniors who can't wait to come out early. if they project him as a 2nd or 3rd rounder why doesn't he go back to school, play his tail off and work his way into the 1st round.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Fresno State CB Richard Marshall declares for NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage39
    i don't get all these juniors who can't wait to come out early. if they project him as a 2nd or 3rd rounder why doesn't he go back to school, play his tail off and work his way into the 1st round.
    Some might feel their stock will never be any better. For instance, Maurice Drew is coming off of a pretty good year. But the knock on him is size and ability to carry the load. Since he's never going to grow taller and will probably never be an every down back, why not come out now instead of risking injury? Others like Omar Jacobs probably recognize that his team won't be as good next year, and thus he probably won't put up amazing numbers or contend for any kind of title.

The bottom line though is, with all these underclassmen coming out, this is arguably one of the most talented drafts ever. Teams will likely be able to find first round talents in the second round.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rampete Guest

some good young defenders in this years draft

here are other early entry draft prospects that i believe will make this draft rich on the defensive side:

ko simposn FS south carolina, arguably the best free safety in this years draft...instinctive, solid tackler and has ball awareness when ball is in flight...had 6 ints freshman year and only 1 last season because qbs stayed awayed from his side all year...6'1" 205

dewayne slay FS texas tech, another ball hawk with tremendous size 6'2.5" 215 who love to hit. i think he caused 8 fumbles this past season for the redraiders...he's more of a SS than a FS at the next level...

ernie sims OLB florida state, high motor, instintive defender in the mold of london fletcher...

ashton youboty CB ohio state, funny last name but plays like chris gamble of the panthers who also came out of ohios state...

antonio cromartie CB florida state, another big secondary guy but is very fast and has good ball skills to boot...was injured this year so he has to prove he's back to form...

there are many more juniors but i believe the above players will all be gone in the 1st day...