codeman123 is offline Registered User

Full First Round Mock (Big Trades) + Rams Mock

1. Indianapolis Selects QB Andrew Luck (Stanford)
    They are already locked in

2. Washington (From St. Louis) Selects QB Robert Griffin III (Baylor)
    No matter what, they get the QB Indy doesn’t take

3. Philadelphia – from Minnesota Selects QB Ryan Tannehill (Texas A&M)
    * Philadelphia acquires 1.3 for 1.15, 2.14, 3.26, 2013 1st
    It’s the first shock of the draft. Reid has been searching for a QB all year in quiet. Its unlikely Vick will ever play 16 games in a season, and Reid wants a quality backup to take over in the near future. They clearly believe Tannehill has the ability to be a franchise QB and jump Miami, Cleveland, KC other teams to get him. They still have another second round pick after the Arizona trade (Kolb).

4. Cleveland Selects RB Trent Richardson (Alabama)
    Trent Richardson is the best player left and fills a huge need at RB. Any of the top four players could be taken, but it should be Richardson.

5. Tampa Bay Selects CB Morris Claiborne (LSU)
    Tampa was looking at either Richardson or Claiborne, the two best players that fill their two biggest needs. Claiborne gives them a great prospect for their uncertain secondary.

6. St. Louis (From Washington) Selects WR Justin Blackmon (Oklahoma State)
    The Rams could easily take Kalil, but they desperately need playmakers. They take the most dynamic WR in the draft to give them the first elite WR since Holt, who was also picked 6th in the draft.

7. Buffalo (From Jacksonville) Selects OT Ryan Kalil (USC)
    * Buffalo acquires 1.7 for 1.10, 3.8, 4.29, 2013 4th
    Buffalo makes a great trade. They have been mocked Reiff all offseason, but get a chance at the best LT prospect in the draft. They need to jump Carolina and Miami, who could easily select Kalil before pick 10.

8. Miami Selects DE Quinton Coples (UNC)
    After losing out on another QB there are two choices left. Miami has no wide receivers, and could take Floyd, but they are also switching to a 4-3 and need an elite DE. Coples is the best DE in the draft physically, and if he can stay focused he could be scary.

9. Carolina Selects DT Fletcher Cox (Mississippi State)
    Carolina gets to take the best interior defensive line prospect in the draft. It instantly improves their defense.

10. Jacksonville (From Buffalo) Selects WR Michael Floyd (Notre Dame)
    Jacksonville trades back and acquires picks, and still gets the player they wanted. They need to give Gabbert weapons on the outside, and Floyd fits the bill.

11. Kansas City Selects G David DeCastro (Stanford)
    David DeCastro is the best guard in the draft, and maybe the best player at his position. It gives KC an elite player they covet at a position they need.

12. Seattle Selects ILB Luke Kuechly (Boston College)
    If Coples falls, he will be the pick. Their interest in interior lineman might also lead them to pick Cox if he falls. Kuechly is the BPA and Seattle solidifies their LB corps with the best ILB prospect in the draft.

13. Arizona Selects OT Riley Reiff (Iowa)
    Arizona could go a few different ways. They take the best remaining tackle prospect

14. San Diego (From Dallas) Selects S Mark Barron (Alabama)
    * San Diego acquires 1.14 for 1.18, 3.16, 2013 2nd
    The Chargers want Barron to pair with Weddle and fix their secondary. They need to make sure Dallas doesn’t take him, and give enough compensation to take him.

15. Minnesota (From Philadelphia) Selects CB Stephon Gilmore (South Carolina)
    Minnesota got wooed from Philly and trades down. They take a good CB prospect in Gilmore and get to fill a position of need. They need to look towards their next few picks to solidify their offensive line.

16. New York Jets Selects DE/OLB Melvin Ingram (South Carolina)
    Ryan has already made it clear the Jets will take a pass rusher high. There isn’t a better pass rusher for their 3-4 than Ingram, who gives them exactly what they wanted.

17. Cincinnati (From Oakland) Selects OT/OG Cordy Glenn (Georgia)
    Cordy Glenn is a top guard prospect (and could play RT if they wanted). They snatch him up knowing they can get a top CB prospect with their next pick.

18. Dallas (From San Diego) Selects DT Dontari Poe (Memphis)
    Its been rumored the Cowboys want to trade with Cleveland for Claiborne. The problem with trading up is that Cleveland doesn’t want to fall out of the top 7 (top 4 prospects). Poe has apparently been the focus of Dallas, and he will be protected behind Ratliff to grow into an NFL NT. He’s the choice now after the trade down, but if they stay at 14 Barron would likely be picked over Poe.

19. Chicago Selects DE Whitney Mercilus (Illinois)
    The Bears have been searching for a DE to pair with Peppers all offseason. He has a ton of upside and performed very well this year, all be it, 1 year.

20. Tennessee Selects CB Dre Kirpatrick (Alabama)
    They lost Finnegan and need a CB, and Kirpatrick is the best prospect for them. DT Brockers is a leading candidate to be picked here as well. They could easily surprise and take Amini Silatolu, but I can’t do it. Kirpatrick is a better prospect.

21. Cincinnati Selects CB Janoris Jenkins (North Alabama)
    The Bengals obviously don’t care about character concerns, but they need to do their due diligence. They need to get a CB, and if Jenkins is serious about being done ‘smoking’ he could be the best CB in the draft. He has elite shutdown abilities, but no one before the Bengals will give him a chance.

22. Denver (From Cleveland/Atlanta) Selects DT Michael Brockers (LSU)
    * Denver acquires 1.22 and 7.4 for 1.25, 3.25, 6.18
    The Broncos get a steal here, besides losing picks. Everyone loves Brockers until they see his ability to pass rush on game tape. That being said, he is a great two gapping run stopper and is oozing with upside.

23. Baltimore (From Detroit) Selects ILB Dont’a Hightower (Alabama)
    * Baltimore acquires 1.23 for 1.29, 3.29, 6.29, 2013 3rd
    The Ravens wanted the top 3-4 ILB to add youth to their defense. They needed to make sure they could get him before the Steelers and all the other 3-4 teams before pick 29.

24. Pittsburgh Selects OT Mike Adams (Ohio State)
    The Steelers could take Brockers, or Hightower (or a WR) but Adams fits what they do offensively and gives their oft-injured line some power and skill.

25. Cleveland (From Denver) Selects WR Kendall Wright (Baylor)
    Cleveland has made it clear they are going to get playmakers for their offense. Wright has amazing tape, and dynamic playmaking ability. He actually pairs quite nicely with second year starter Greg Little.

26. Houston Selects WR Rueben Randle (LSU)
    They might try and take a pass rusher to replace Mario (Perry fits nicely), but they really need another go to WR after the top tier pass rushers were taken. Rueben Randle fits nicely into their offense, and is a good at creating separation, in underneath routes as well as getting deep. Stephen Hill could be picked here, but is more of a project than they would want.

27. New England (From New Orleans) Selects OLB/DE Nick Perry (USC)
    The Patriots don’t draft receivers, and there aren’t good enough OL prospects left. They have a young secondary and need pass rushers. Nick Perry is a guy they would love to have outside on their 3-4.

28. Green Bay Selects C/G Peter Konz (Wisconson)
    The Packers might surprise and trade up for safety Barron. He didn’t fall far enough for them to do that here. They need pass rushers to pair with Matthews, but can find guys later or trade back up early in the second for Upshaw or Chandler Jones. Konz gives them a great center prospect that they can play at guard until he replaces Saturday in the future.

29. Detroit (From Baltimore) Selects OG Amini Silatolu (Midwestern State)
    Silatolu is a fast rising prospect who breaks into the first round. Detroit probably wanted DeCastro or Glenn to fall, but they don’t.

30. San Francisco Selects TE Coby Fleener (Stanford)
    Harbaugh loves TEs and Fleener is a good one. He makes their offense scary paired with Vernon Davis, well scary apart from the signal caller.

31. New England Selects DT Kendall Reyes (Connecticut)
    Kendall Reyes is a good pass rushing 5-Tech that will play DE in their 3-4 and give their defense more young capable pass rushers.

32. New York Giants Selects RB Doug Martin (Miami)
    The Giants have a ton of ways to go here. They can take another RB in Doug Martin. They can take OT Jonathon Martin. They can take a defensive prospect like Chandler Jones who fits their DE mold. They get a young stud who can pass protect, catch out of the backfield, and run with power and a low center of gravity.

Top Players Left
    – DE Chandler Jones, DE Courtney Upshaw, DT Devon Still, DT Jerel Worthy, DT Brandon Thompson, LB Mychal Kendricks, LB Lavonte David, LB Zach Brown, WR Stephen Hill, WR Alshon Jeffery, RB Lamar Miller, RB David Wilson, S Harrison Smith, OT Jonathon Martin, OT Bobbie Massie, OT Mitchell Schwartz, ect…
    Last edited by codeman123; -04-04-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Re: Full First Round Mock (Big Trades) + Rams Mock

Rams Draft

1.6 -- WR Justin Blackmon (Oklahoma State)
    6’1, 215 (4.46 forty)
    2.1 -- DT Jerel Worthy (Michigan State) 6’2, 308
    2.7 -- TRADE (NY Jets acquires 2.7 (Jonathon Martin) for 2.15, 3.14, 2013 3rd)
    2.15 -- OLB Lavonte David (Nebraska) 6’1, 235 (4.56 forty)
    3.2 -- WR AJ Jenkins (Illinois) 6’0, 190 (4.39 forty)
    3.9 -- S Brandon Taylor (LSU) 5’11, 209 (4.5 forty)
    4.1 -- G Ryan Miller (Colorado) 6’7, 321
    6.1 -- TRADE (KC acquires 6.1 for 6.12, 7.11)
    6.12 -- P Shaun Powell (FSU) 6’4, 235
    7.2 -- FB Cody Johnson (Texas) 5’11, 250 (4.72 forty)
    7.11 -- OT Jeff Adams (Columbia) 6’6, 306
    7.45 (c) -- RB Bryce Brown (Kansas State) 6’0, 225 (4.37 forty)

Breakdown

1.6 -- WR Justin Blackmon (Oklahoma State) 6’1, 215 (4.46 forty)

2.1 – DT Jerel Worthy (Michigan State) 6’2, 308
    The Rams are rumored to want Worthy, and have brought him in for pre draft visits. He is a powerful and strong DT who has great ‘violent’ hands and pass rush ability that other DTs just don’t (Brandon Thompson, who I like a lot). He can play anywhere on the line, and brings a lot of versatility. He is explosive off the snap, and can handle two gap responsibilities. His ability is first round, but his work ethic and stamina aren’t. Fisher should be able to get some nice production out of him. At the worst, he is a capable pass rushing DT the Rams need. At best, he is an every down force on the line next to Long and Langford. I expect the latter, making this a great pick.

2.7 -- TRADE (NY Jets acquires 2.7 (Jonathon Martin) for 2.15, 3.14, 2013 3rd)

2.15 – OLB Lavonte David (Nebraska) 6’1, 235 (4.56 forty)
    The BPA is a huge position of need at OLB. David a tackling machine and always has his nose on the ball. He is good in coverage and run support. Although he might be a tad undersized he is good at disengaging from blocks and making plays. He is very instinctive, has great football IQ and has fluid hips to cover (which he uses well). I can’t remember him missing a tackle, which is exactly what the Rams need.

3.2 -- WR AJ Jenkins (Illinois) 6’0, 190 (4.39 forty)
    I want to take RB here, but I can’t. Jenkins is far superior as a WR than the remaining RBs are at their position. He has incredible quickness, speed and YAC ability. His football IQ is at the top of the class (ability to understand coverages and where to be). He has unbelievable hands and ball security for a smaller receiver, and great body control and sideline awareness. His best attribute is his fluid hips, giving him a smoothness few receivers have. He is a Chad Johnson, Santonio Holmes, Victor Cruz type of player. All of his skills together, he should be a very good WR at the next level, and he makes a really nice pair with Blackmon. He also gets to learn behind a 1000+ yard receiver in Steve Smith, who has a similar style and body type.

3.14 -- S Brandon Taylor (LSU) 5’11, 209 (4.5 forty)
    Same as above, Taylor is much better than any RB left. He has the ability to be the best safety in the class, and the ability to play both free safety and strong safety. He is good tackler and can make plays on the ball. He also provides very nice depth to an overpaid safety in Mikell and a young Stewart who is only under contract for this season. The only other safety on the roster is Dahl.

4.1 -- G Ryan Miller (Colorado) 6’7, 321
    The Rams get great value in this pick. Miller might sneak into the third, but he doesn’t this time. He has good feet and size, and is a tough run blocking guard with tackle size. He gives the Rams a nice left guard to pair with an already good interior line with Wells and Dahl.

6.1 -- TRADE (KC acquires 6.1 for 6.12, 7.11)

6.12 -- P Shaun Powell (FSU) 6’4, 235
    The Rams need a punter. There are a few good ones who will go at this point in the draft (Butler, Anger). The Rams have been looking at Stahovich, who they could take later as well. Powell led the nation with 47 yards per punt and has a booming leg, probably because he’s a monster at 6’4.

7.2 -- FB Cody Johnson (Texas) 5’11, 250 (4.72 forty)
    I like Johnson as a prospect. He has the ability to run, block, and catch in the same way Reese of the Raiders is used. He is a better blocker than Miller (already on the roster) and the Rams need a good fullback for Schotty’s system. He can battle Miller for a spot as FB.

7.11 -- OT Jeff Adams (Columbia) 6’6, 306
    He’s an underrated prospect who the Rams can take a flier on here. There’s no question in my mind he can win a spot on the roster as a reserve. He has potential, which is all you can ask for at this point in the draft.

7.45 (c) -- RB Bryce Brown (Kansas State) 6’0, 225 (4.4 forty)
    Brown went from the highest touted RB prospect in the nation (ahead of Richardson) to a forgotten nobody. He ran into the wrong crowd of advisors and got in trouble with the Lane Kiffin Tennessee shenanigans. He transferred to play with his brother at Kansas State, but barely saw the field, and instead of going back and trying to earn a spot he just decided to declare for the draft. Mentally, he doesn’t deserve to be drafted, but physically he has immense talent. He has speed, power, elusiveness, agility, amazing catching ability, vision. For his position, the fact he hasn’t played and he has fresh legs might actually be a good thing. The Rams are taking a chance here. If he plays to his capabilities he’s the steal of the draft. If he acts entitled or nuts, he’s going to be sitting on the street, and the Rams aren’t any worse off. Fisher takes chances like this.

UDFA – OLB Ronnie Thornton (Southern Miss), OLB Miles Burris (SD St.), DE Ryan Van Bergen (Michigan), RB Albert Williams (Tulane), QB Aaron Corp (Richmond), QB Dominique Davis (East Carolina)

Sign – DE William Hayes (1 year), QB Kellen Clemens (2 years), RB Justin Forsett (1 year), OLB Leroy Hill (1 year)

Offense
    QB – Sam Bradford, Kellen Clemens, Aaron Corp
    RB – Steven Jackson, Justin Forsett, Bryce Brown
    FB – Cody Johnson
    TE – Lance Kendricks, Michael Hoomanawanui, Matt Mulligan, Ben Guidugli
    WR – Justin Blackmon, Greg Salas, Danario Alexander
    WR2 – Steve Smith, AJ Jenkins
    WR3 – Danny Amendola, (Salas)
    RT – Jason Smith, Quinn Ojinnaka
    RG – Harvey Dahl, Bryan Mattison
    C – Scott Wells
    LG – Ryan Miller, Robert Turner
    LT – Roger Saffold, Jeff Adams, Ryan Mckee

Defense
    LDE – Chris Long, Ernie Sims
    RDE – Robert Quinn, William Hayes
    DT – Kendall Langford, Jerel Worthy, Darell Scott, Jermelle Cudjo
    ILB – James Laurinaitis, Josh Hull
    OLB – Lavonte David, JoLonn Dunbar, Leroy Hill, Miles Burris
    CB – Cortland Finnegan, Bradley Fletcher, Jerome Murphy, Marquis Johnson, Josh Gordy
    S – Darian Stewart, Quintin Mikell, Brandon Taylor, Craig Dahl

Special Teams
    K – Josh Brown
    P – Shaun Powell
    LS – Jake McQuaide

Released
    WR – Curry, Pettis, Gibson
    QB – Brandstater
    Assuming
    Pettis has a preseason like last year, Bryce Brown tries to make the team knowing its his last chance at football, Steve Smith is healthy enough to make the roster

2013 – Redskins 1st rounder, NYJ 3rd rounder
    2014 – Redskins 1st rounder

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I don't see Philly dealing up to #3 to get Tannehill. He's just not worth what it would cost to move from 15 to 3. Also, I think the price you gave is a bit low, for Minnesota to move to 15, it would take a lot. I doubt Cleveland takes Tannehill anyway though, if Philly is in love with him, they'd be better off trading up to #7. Reid doesn't strike me as the type to mortgage the farm for a guy like Tannehill, not with Vick on the roster. I also don't see Holmgren reaching for Tannehill, McCoy is serviceable and would look better with at least some kind of offensive weapons.

Also, I could easily see the Rams taking Kalil if he is there at 6, instead of Blackmon. Outside of that, I also think the Rams would snatch up Jonathon Martin if he drops to the 2nd round, and move Smith inside or cut him. That is if they don't take Kalil.

Pretty bold mock, hope you don't take offense to my comments.
    Last edited by berg8309; -04-04-2012 at 11:15 PM.

RyanFoster Guest

any way the Rams get Blackmon, Worthy, and David is ok by me. but i doubt they take Blackmon if Kalil is on the board

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    I don't see Philly dealing up to #3 to get Tannehill. He's just not worth what it would cost to move from 15 to 3. Also, I think the price you gave is a bit low, for Minnesota to move to 15, it would take a lot. I doubt Cleveland takes Tannehill anyway though, if Philly is in love with him, they'd be better off trading up to #7. Reid doesn't strike me as the type to mortgage the farm for a guy like Tannehill, not with Vick on the roster. I also don't see Holmgren reaching for Tannehill, McCoy is serviceable and would look better with at least some kind of offensive weapons.

Also, I could easily see the Rams taking Kalil if he is there at 6, instead of Blackmon. Outside of that, I also think the Rams would snatch up Jonathon Martin if he drops to the 2nd round, and move Smith inside or cut him. That is if they don't take Kalil.

Pretty bold mock, hope you don't take offense to my comments.
    No offense to criticism.
    Its unlikely that the Iggles actually make a trade, but there is some probability, and Minnesota isn't shy about saying they would like to trade down. I don't think Reid is in love with Vick. Plus, he's older and will never stay healthy for a full season. I actually think by the end of the month someone will fall in love with Tannehill. Plus, the 'dream team' isn't that far off, and they still keep a second round pick. If they had a capable backup last season they probably would have made the playoffs, even with the defense playing horribly and blowing leads. Also, Reid might make big decisions trying to keep his job for a while longer.

I like Blackmon more than Kalil, although it's a pretty difficult choice. It could go either way, that's just how I would pick for the Rams.

For Martin, he's good value in round 2, but I think he's very similar to Saffold. Unless the Rams want two Saffolds, its better to see if he can play better after a sophomore slump.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanFoster View Post
    any way the Rams get Blackmon, Worthy, and David is ok by me. but i doubt they take Blackmon if Kalil is on the board
    I know most people would take Kalil over Blackmon, but I don't think its as big of a gap as people say. I value Blackmon as a prospect enough to take him over Kalil. Sometimes you have to pass up good prospects to take another one.

As far as Martin v. Saffold, the difference is that Martin has more prototypical size, he's slightly taller and has longer arms. One of Saffold's shortcoming at LT is that he is small for a LT (Which means he is still a giant among men). Saffold made up for the physical deficiencies with great technique his rookie year, and struggled to find that technique again last year. It's certainly possible that he will regain that focus and technique, but as is said time and time again, you can't teach size. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams grab an OT to take over at LT who fits the size profile a little better.

Also, I just can't see Philly moving up that far in the draft. I would think the Vikings would want both 2nd rounders plus a 1st next year to move back to middle of the first. It's not like they would still be top 10, and since this is an "elite 6" draft, they would miss out on one of the elites. I also still think its possible the Vikings could grab Blackmon to shore up the WR corp and figure that one of Martin or Adams will be there in the 2nd for them, or that they can deal back into the first. I just don't see them moving to 15 without getting a King's Ransom in return. Also I don't think moving up that far fits Reid's team building philosophy, which is build through the draft. They got away from it last year with all those FA deals and it didn't work. I imagine Reid would prefer to take a qb in the 2nd or 3rd round and develop them behind Vick, knowing they will get a couple of starts this year.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Lot of trades i can tell you really did some research thou

Few things:

-Vikings fans should be disappointed they do not get their freak OT that would block for AP and Ponder i mean with the talent they have they wont be drafting in the top 5 too often; i mean Gilmore is good but the O-line needed a force

-ONE HUGE note for the RAMS!!!!! I dont care if Upshaw is supposed to be a hybrid OLB i would not hesitate to take him at the top of the 2nd...The guy knows how to rush the passer and we can get him accustomed to zone coverage; Look at how Von Miller did in Denver...Upshaw is a mid-first rounder for him to drop is like Christmas for us

-The Cards got lucky with Rieff

-And the Eagles didn't they just extend Vick's contract last i heard he is one the highest paid players in the league how does a team give up so much to back-up their franchise QB?

EDIT: Vick signed a 6-year 100 mil 40 mil guarantee in last August
    Last edited by BarronWade; -04-05-2012 at 11:53 AM.

As far as Martin v. Saffold, the difference is that Martin has more prototypical size, he's slightly taller and has longer arms. One of Saffold's shortcoming at LT is that he is small for a LT (Which means he is still a giant among men). Saffold made up for the physical deficiencies with great technique his rookie year, and struggled to find that technique again last year. It's certainly possible that he will regain that focus and technique, but as is said time and time again, you can't teach size. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams grab an OT to take over at LT who fits the size profile a little better.
    I was going to take OT Mitchell Schwartz from Cal at 2.15, but I like David more as a prospect. Schwartz seems like a more powerful RT prospect that would fit into the Rams offensive line better than Martin. I wouldn't be surprised to see OT taken in the Rams draft, its just they have so many holes they can take BPA and need at the same time.

Also, I just can't see Philly moving up that far in the draft. I would think the Vikings would want both 2nd rounders plus a 1st next year to move back to middle of the first. It's not like they would still be top 10, and since this is an "elite 6" draft, they would miss out on one of the elites. I also still think its possible the Vikings could grab Blackmon to shore up the WR corp and figure that one of Martin or Adams will be there in the 2nd for them, or that they can deal back into the first. I just don't see them moving to 15 without getting a King's Ransom in return. Also I don't think moving up that far fits Reid's team building philosophy, which is build through the draft. They got away from it last year with all those FA deals and it didn't work. I imagine Reid would prefer to take a qb in the 2nd or 3rd round and develop them behind Vick, knowing they will get a couple of starts this year.
    Its hard to do trades because you need two partners to do so. I don't see Cleveland or Tampa moving down and passing up Claiborne or Richardson. Plus, if Cleveland likes Tannehill they might have to take him. You can't pass up on a Franchise QB (if they believe he is), and they won't be able to use pick 22 to get him. Once you get to the Rams and Jags picks other teams jump into the mix to trade. Miami could trade a lesser package and win because they are only a spot or two away, and teams like KC can do the same thing. If Philly likes Tannehill they might have to go all the way up to 3, despite how unrealistic it might seem. I also think QB really likes Tannehill. Its a hunch. Plus, its just a mock draft. Just a possibility that hasn't been talked about yet.

I tried to make the compensation similar to the Atlanta trade from 26 to 6, even though 15 to 3 is less of a talent gap.

15 to 3 is less of a talent gap, but if its for a QB, the price goes up. I know it sounds weird, but it's the truth. Not to mention the Vikings have needs at LT, WR and CB, and they would miss the chance to draft the elite prospects by moving to 15. Cleveland didn't face quite the same dilemma, so I still think the price would be higher.

Martin I imagine would be LT, and Saffold would slide over to RT, which is where he was projected in the first place. Saffold may also move inside if they feel that Jason Smith can actually play and keep him at RT. That is assuming of course that the Rams do take an OT, and I think they will, and have one of Smith or Saffold move inside. That would actually give us a pretty solid line I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Lot of trades i can tell you really did some research thou

Few things:

-Vikings fans should be disappointed they do not get their freak OT that would block for AP and Ponder i mean with the talent they have they wont be drafting in the top 5 too often; i mean Gilmore is good but the O-line needed a force
    I agree, but they could easily trade out. I would have them taking OT Bobbie Massie from Ole Miss with one of their second round picks.

-ONE HUGE note for the RAMS!!!!! I dont care if Upshaw is supposed to be a hybrid OLB i would not hesitate to take him at the top of the 2nd...The guy knows how to rush the passer and we can get him accustomed to zone coverage; Look at how Von Miller did in Denver...Upshaw is a mid-first rounder for him to drop is like Christmas for us
    For us I like Worthy more. I would think Indy would take him after switching to a 3-4. I'm not sure how he fits into a defense, but he'd definitely be worth a look.

-The Cards got lucky with Rieff
    It always sucks giving division rivals good players.

-And the Eagles didn't they just extend Vick's contract last i heard he is one the highest paid players in the league how does a team give up so much to back-up their franchise QB?

EDIT: Vick signed a 6-year 100 mil 40 mil guarantee in last August
    Yes, but I think only two years are guaranteed. Obviously the odds aren't great for a Philly trade up to 3 for Tannehill, but I think they exist. Just a scenario. Vick isn't the youngest QB and he's not the most durable. I'm sure if this scenario played out they would have Vick and Tannehill this year, and then next year they might try and shop Vick. I doesn't seem Reid is married to Vick, at least me.
    Last edited by codeman123; -04-05-2012 at 12:55 PM.

15 to 3 is less of a talent gap, but if its for a QB, the price goes up. I know it sounds weird, but it's the truth. Not to mention the Vikings have needs at LT, WR and CB, and they would miss the chance to draft the elite prospects by moving to 15. Cleveland didn't face quite the same dilemma, so I still think the price would be higher.
    I would have the Vikings going CB Gilmore, WR Stephen Hill, and OT Mitchell Schwartz OR CB Gilmore, OT Bobbie Massie, and WR Marvin Jones. Plus they get an extra 3rd rounder and 2013 1st rounder.
    I wouldn't be surprised at a Vikings trade down, even though they should probably stay and take OT Kalil.

Martin I imagine would be LT, and Saffold would slide over to RT, which is where he was projected in the first place. Saffold may also move inside if they feel that Jason Smith can actually play and keep him at RT. That is assuming of course that the Rams do take an OT, and I think they will, and have one of Smith or Saffold move inside. That would actually give us a pretty solid line I think.
    I don't really like Saffold on the right side. He would need more strength for that side. For Martin, its just too much of a finesse line for a team of coaches all trying to make a 'power' offense.
    I really don't like Saffold inside. That would be awful for him. Moving Smith to guard seems more appropriate, but its not likely to happen or have positive results if it does.