RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

The funniest Mock I seen today from Matt Mcguire at WaltersFootball.com

1st Round - Eugene Monroe OT

Eugene Monroe did not attend the Senior Bowl, but I think he is the left tackle the Rams will take at No. 2. Andre Smith's feet will get exposed on film as the draft process continues. A lot of people don't like Michael Oher for some reason and really dog on him. By default, I have to move Monroe up here to No. 2, and his talent is adequate to be taken at this pick.

2nd Round - Rey Maualuga MLB

The Rams simply have no choice and must take Rey Maualuga here. They lack a presence in the middle of their defense and need his athletic ability and range.

3rd Round - Jared Cook TE
    Tight end is one of the biggest needs on this roster and the Rams get the most athletic tight end in the Draft in the third round.

I would be happy with the first two pick even though I see a near 0% chance Maualuga falls to the second round. The third round pick and description I LMAO at. Maybe he asked Linehan what the Rams biggest need was.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-19-2009 at 11:29 PM.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Re: The funniest Mock I seen today from Matt Mcguire at WaltersFootball.com

I'll reiterate what I said about WalterFootball a few months ago, which is that I think they really are clueless about team needs. It seems that they devote all their time to looking at the draftees and then just base team needs on what they remember from the latest version of Madden.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Everyone on that site knows next to nothing, but one thing I will say is good about that site is they have a huge mock draft database in which oddly every mock is better than theres

DistantRam Guest

Tight end is a need, actually. Randy McMichael will be 30 in a couple of months' time and is coming back from injury. Who is there behind him? Billy Bajema can block but little else, while Joe Klopfenstein hasn't impressed at all thus far in his NFL career.

I wouldn't go for a TE in the third round but I certainly wouldn't be averse to picking one later on. If Jared Cook is the best player available, according to our draft long list, when we pick, then go for him.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Walterfootball likes to be different from everyone else, but alas, most of their scenarios are not very realiscitc.

However, I wouldn't mind getting a TE in this draft. But, it has to be past the third round. The defense NEEDS to be upgraded, and grabbing a TE at that spot would ruin our chance to grab considerable defensive players.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

IMO there is no way we should take a TE. We have a good TE in McMichael and yes he did just turn 30 but should have a few years left. When healthy he is a very good TE. We need to address OT, MLB, SLB, NT, WR, DE (Littles replacement), QB (potential Bulger replacement), RB (Backup Jackson), and CB (If Hill don't pan out) before we even talk about a TE. McMichaels our receiving TE, Bajema was signed as our blocking TE, and Klop while close to being considered a bust has another year yet to prove himself. With a true FB and a run oriented offense another receiving TE to go with McMichael and Klop at this point would be crazy IMO.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-20-2009 at 10:37 PM.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    .... I wouldn't mind getting a TE in this draft. But, it has to be past the third round. The defense NEEDS to be upgraded, and grabbing a TE at that spot would ruin our chance to grab considerable defensive players.
    I'd say the same thing, but not "past the third round." For me, I wouldn't want the Rams to grab a TE until the 6th or 7th, IF they get one at all.

The one TE on roster that no one has mentioned is Daniel Fells. He flashed a ton of potential and looked really good after Rams picked him up late in the season. My hope is that with McMichael healthy, Bajema blocking, and Klop and Fells as backup... the Rams feel comfortable using their picks on one of the many other serious needs.

when it comes down to it... I feel the Rams TE's can get it done with the talent they have.... can't say that about other positions on the team. If I were GM, I'd pass on the opportunity to draft a te and instead, fill in the D-line, secondary, backup rb, qb prospect, wr, lb, OL with some competition and see if any diamonds emerge.