Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Gamecock Fans on Clowney as a Prospect for the Rams

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: Gamecock Fans on Clowney as a Prospect for the Rams

Gasp! all this time I though AV had a personal hatred for the guys seems like he was just trying to find answers.

My favorite response is the first one:

For some reason during the Spring of 2013 Clowney elected not to have foot surgery which would have helped correct his bone spurs. So the bone spurs flared up again and he had to play through that. He was highly schemed against by opposing offenses and would often get double teamed. While his numbers did drop quite drastically this year, he still had a very large impact on games.

I think his effort lacked a little bit this year compared to his sophomore season. The thing that probably hurt him the most was all the media hype he received during the offseason. I think it got in his head a little bit and he thought since he was just better than everyone he didn't have to try as hard.. not the case. I believe money will be a nice motivator for him and he will go on to have a nice NFL career.. something like Julius Peppers.
    The young kid got complacent...but the poster also mentioned the kids potential of comparing him to Julius Peppers

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Gasp! all this time I though AV had a personal hatred for the guys seems like he was just trying to find answers.
    It's a process. I'm sure I'll change my mind about a lot of prospects. Don't know if Clowney is one of them, but I'm keeping an open mind.

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I didn't see a lot of plays run away from him. In fact in the bowl game they ran plays at him all game long.
    That's why the question was asked of people who saw him the most. I watched the bowl game as well and it appeared to me that though he was not dominate, he certainly held his own.

If you get a chance AV, ask them what they thought of Clowney maybe playing with the injury to Lattimore in the back of his mind.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -01-21-2014 at 11:09 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Seems like you are reading selectively. There are a couple of comments about his motivation and effort, and several of the responses concluded that the Rams should pass on Clowney in favor of a higher need position.
    Why does it matter if South Carolina fans feel that we should pass on Clowney in favour of a higher need position? They are not my team's GM so therefore their draft strategy is utterly useless to me.

Their thoughts on the player? That's what were all interested in.

THE DREAM TEAM

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

When it comes to whether the Rams should take Clowney or not, you have to remember that many "casual" NFL fans know very little about the Rams, especially the state of the pass rush. If there was a ranking of teams in the NFL that would need Clowney the least, you would be hard pressed to put any team above the Rams. But not many fans may know that.
    sosa39rams likes this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post

Why does it matter if South Carolina fans feel that we should pass on Clowney in favour of a higher need position? They are not my team's GM so therefore their draft strategy is utterly useless to me.

Their thoughts on the player? That's what were all interested in.
    And, unlike you, they don't all view him as being so great that a team would be crazy to pass on him.
    Unspoken" likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12