Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    rob6465 is offline Registered User

Re: Get Scared Vick Haters...

Why are we wasting our time with this guy? He was never a good QB before jail and look up the stats. Please, let's direct our attention to something better. Vick? PLEASE, that is a waste of a draft pick.

rob6465 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    What we want: 100% pure performance.

What we've got: Beat up, serviceable, but boring.

What we'd have with Vick: Something that once appeared fast, but now is old, rusty, and never really had that much under the hood when it did run.

You said it perfect !! I need to borrow that. You mind?

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Maybe the Rams can also sign Lawrence Phillips when he gets out of jail. Then maybe they can sign Plaxico and the rams can be the new era Raiders. Something every team should strive for and every fan should prey for.

Unfortuantely, Vick is probably a better option than the guys on our current roster. However, I feel the Rams can do much better than Vick in free agency ie Pennington, Redman, Volek, and maybe someone in the 2010 draft.

I am not 100% oppose to Vick. If the risk is low and the reward is high then I say give the guy a chance. Not sure I saw anything to suggest that Vick has his mojo back. Maybe getting a second chance will be a good motivator for him not sure he has the skill set to manage a team between the tackles.

Go Rams

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by rob6465 View Post
    You said it perfect !! I need to borrow that. You mind?
    Go right ahead.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    This isn't a question pertaining to Vick, just more so in general:

Rotoworld just posted this regarding Vick:

So my question is :
    When does the trading period open? I didn't think any trades could be made before March 5.
    I believe the trading period begins on the first business day of March, which this year is actually March 1st. But I could be mistaken.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Maybe the Rams can also sign Lawrence Phillips when he gets out of jail. Then maybe they can sign Plaxico and the rams can be the new era Raiders. Something every team should strive for and every fan should prey for.

Go Rams
    I don't know man, after watching Bill Cowher go to prison to talk to Plax in the pregame show, it seems like he is really humble and realizes he really wrecked his life. We all make mistakes, and I don't think Plaxico's criminal record should keep him off of a team (He shot himself for crying out loud).

Now if he shows he is unable to perform physically in the NFL that is a different matter, but he was never about speed, more of a possession type. What I'm saying is a tangent to this thread, but if Plax is available when he gets out, I would be all for making him a Ram, even if we already have one former convict.

Sorry for the derailing, but that little story hit me, and I felt like I needed to say something.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I believe the trading period begins on the first business day of March, which this year is actually March 1st. But I could be mistaken.
    Thanks alot...Positive Rep given for finding that out for me.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Free agency opens March 5th of this year.

Vick is technically under contract with the Eagles but will become a free agent if the Eagles opt to not exercise his contract for 2010. If the Rams leadership talked about adding him to their roster, they would technically be in violation of league rules and would be guilty of tampering. For Spags to say they are interested in adding him to their roster would be idiocy.

Last year I was dead set against adding Vick. Now I've changed my mind. As a season ticket holder, I can honestly say I'd rather have Vick at QB and watch his brand of football and the excitement he brings than the boring version we've sat through the past 3 seasons. We may not win significantly more with Vick but he would add excitement as the team develops a rookie. If the Rams draft Suh, Vick would be an excellent short term complement.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    I dont see how he is a better option then bulger, or even Null. Both our #1 and #2 QB's can throw better then Vick, so I dont see the merit in pursing him.
    I wasnt going to comment because this issue has been beaten to death. But this little bit here made me stop.

Please tell me you are not saying Keith Null is a better QB than Michael Vick. With that, please tell me you're not saying that Kyle Boller is a better QB than Michael Vick.

I understand the hate for Vick. I understand where people are coming from. Let's face facts though, he wouldnt have stayed on the Eagles roster if he still didnt have the talent to play the game. Obviously to stay on the roster and make an impact in very minor pkaying time, there must still be something left.

So I say all that to say this. If Vick is still talented enough to make an NFL team and make an impact in his first year back...what makes you think that any of the QBs we have are better than him?

Keith Null is a raw rookie who doesnt even have the arm strength or mobility that Vick has. Null will never be more than a backup.

Kyle Boller has the arm strength to rival Vick, but not the mobility. He also doesnt have the winning resume. Boller was given a starting job and proved he wasnt good enough to handle it. Vick was given a starting job on an Atlanta team that wasnt nearly as talented as he made them appear. And took those Falcons teams to the playoffs.

Vick is a proven winner at QB. That is as important as anything. You add in his physical attributes, Vick is well worth the risk.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Vick hasn't won since 2006, and made a minimal impact on the Eagles' season. There's nothing proven anymore.

In evaluating Vick as a passer, I see him and Boller as being roughly equivalent. And I am not going to rely on Vick's legs, as 30 year old legs aren't good at making plays.

peramoure is offline Registered User

I like this, and to summarize how I feel, this would be it. Thanks RebelYell I will elaborate:

"Last year I was dead set against adding Vick. Now I've changed my mind. As a season ticket holder, I can honestly say I'd rather have Vick at QB and watch his brand of football and the excitement he brings than the boring version we've sat through the past 3 seasons. We may not win significantly more with Vick but he would add excitement as the team develops a rookie. If the Rams draft Suh, Vick would be an excellent short term complement."

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying that "I'm evaluating Vick as a passer".

WHY?

Do you think the Falcons, when they took Vick number 1 overall, were purely evaluating him as a passer? Vick's strength is NOT (I REPEAT, NOT) as a pure passer. He isn't Dan Marino. There is more to Vick than a passing qb, and anybody without a bias can see that.

You may not acknowledge it, but as a passer Bulger is decent, and look how our offense has been the past few years. So if you're "evaluating Bulger as a passer", he is pretty serviceable. And we still suck. Lets change our philosophy.

He runs for 1000 years a year as a qb and moves the chains, and he can complete passes when he needs to. Someone made the "fancy car, crappy car, old mustand that barely runs" argument.

Well ya know, I would rather take an exciting garbage mustang that can still hit 100 every once in a while than a buick that rolls at 40 mph all day on the highway.
    Last edited by peramoure; -02-08-2010 at 05:49 PM.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Running quarterbacks do not work in the NFL. Defenses are too fast and will run them down far more often than they will "make a play".

Additionally, common sense, history, and biology all collectively tell us that people slow down as they hit 30. We cannot rely on Vick's legs because of this simple fact. Vick needs to be a better passer because his legs are no longer a weapon. He hasn't demonstrated this once in his career, and after 30 years, you tend to think he never will.

Additionally the allure of the veteran is the mentoring aspect, not the winning games aspect. We want our young guys to be good passers, so why would we bring in a bad passer to mentor these guys?

The Mustang may go fast, but it is also far more likely to completely break down and cause you to get fired from your job because you keep missing work. The Buick gets you where you need to go with somewhat less fuss. It's also less prone to getting pulled over by the highway patrol and crashing and blowing up on the highway, but that probably goes under the "details" file.

I tend to get more excited thinking that the Rams have competent leadership and a long term plan than I do with one or two utterly random big plays in a blowout loss. Trading for Vick tends to disabuse me of those notions.
    Last edited by PeoriaRam; -02-08-2010 at 06:12 PM.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39 View Post
    I wasnt going to comment because this issue has been beaten to death. But this little bit here made me stop.

Please tell me you are not saying Keith Null is a better QB than Michael Vick. With that, please tell me you're not saying that Kyle Boller is a better QB than Michael Vick.

I understand the hate for Vick. I understand where people are coming from. Let's face facts though, he wouldnt have stayed on the Eagles roster if he still didnt have the talent to play the game. Obviously to stay on the roster and make an impact in very minor pkaying time, there must still be something left.

So I say all that to say this. If Vick is still talented enough to make an NFL team and make an impact in his first year back...what makes you think that any of the QBs we have are better than him?

Keith Null is a raw rookie who doesnt even have the arm strength or mobility that Vick has. Null will never be more than a backup.

Kyle Boller has the arm strength to rival Vick, but not the mobility. He also doesnt have the winning resume. Boller was given a starting job and proved he wasnt good enough to handle it. Vick was given a starting job on an Atlanta team that wasnt nearly as talented as he made them appear. And took those Falcons teams to the playoffs.

Vick is a proven winner at QB. That is as important as anything. You add in his physical attributes, Vick is well worth the risk.
    When did I say Kyle Boller was better then vick? I said Bulger and Null were better passers. Boller IMO is not better then anybody in the league. Now with that said, yes Null will be a better QB then what we will get if we grab vick. Null has a ceiling that he has yet to reach, and vick is already much past him prime. And for anyone to think Vick will lead anyone to the playoffs before his career as a player ends, I think your out of your mind.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

who said anything about playoffs...nobody is expecting us to sign vick and take over the nfl, the plain and simple fact is we need a qb until our 2-4 round pick is ready and he might be the best available. all we did was throw bubble screens/quick slants and whatnot all year anyways, vick can do that just fine.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by molar_pistol View Post
    who said anything about playoffs...nobody is expecting us to sign vick and take over the nfl, the plain and simple fact is we need a qb until our 2-4 round pick is ready and he might be the best available. all we did was throw bubble screens/quick slants and whatnot all year anyways, vick can do that just fine.
    Actually, bubble screens and quick slants take accuracy and touch, two things Vick has never had. History has shown he is just not a good a good passer, which is what the Rams, or any NFL team needs to be successful. His 30 year old legs will not get it done like they once did, and at this point in his career, he's going to be nothing more than an oddity and a gimmick. Just say no to Vick.