Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Get Scared Vick Haters...

Vick has never been a top 10 passer in the NFL. Not even close.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I sort of hope now that the Rams sign Vick just to read the reaction on this forum.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JoePublic View Post
    Roddy White improved because A)He improved his work ethic with the help of Hue Jackson and actually Bobby Petrino out of all people. There are a few articles about this as well. B)He was put in a vertical offense where he belongs C)He got playing time- Roddy White started more games in 2007 than he started in his first two years in the league combined. He started 5 games in Vick's last year. Roddy White didn't have a breakout year because the all-world Joey Harrington was throwing him the ball. Harrington has worse career stats in every body's favorite statistics in completion percentage and touchdowns career wise than Vick does. And if Vick were the problem them numerous receivers or at least more than one when he left Atlanta would have lived up to their potential. But Roddy White is the only one. Not Peerless Price, not Ashley Lelie, not Alge Crumpler, Dez White, etc. That's because Vick wasn't the problem. And there's a reason he didn't hold Crumpler back. Because Crumpler was the only playmaking starter on the team. Roddy WHite started 5 games i People have been miseducated with regards to Michael Vick the football player.
    Counterpoint: Prior to arriving in Atlanta, Peerless Price and Ashley Lelie had both topped 1,000 yards in a season for Buffalo and Denver respectively. That is to say that although they never were able to replicate their success on less talented teams, both proved that they were capable of success with a good quarterback. It's also worth noting that Crumpler's numbers declined significantly after Vick left the league, which would seem to reinforce the theory that he had lots of production because instead of checking down, Vick threw to the guy running the route across the middle because he was easiest to spot. Lots of rookies will use the tight end as sort of a safety blanket, but Vick never moved past that.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    ANYONE THAT THINKS NULL IS BETTER THAN VICK CAN'T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

It's like saying David Eckstien is better than Alfonso Soriano because Soriano strikeouts too much.

You can only argue QB accuracy when the 2 QB's are on the same talent level.

Null and Vick obviously are not.

I would take a World Series MVP over Alfonso "I may decide to play today" Soriano any day of the week. He strikes out way too much

But I will agree with you, if you suggest Null is a better QB than Vick, you really are just trying to fool yourself.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The Atlanta Falcons were one of the best rushing teams in the NFL while Vick played QB for them, NO? The general rule of thumb is that teams try to establish the run to set up the pass, NO?

So even though the Falcons ground game was among the league best VICK still struggled in the passing game, NO?

Forget about who or whom his wide receivers were it didn't matter. Vick is a below average passing QB, NO?

The Prosecution rests,
    Thank you.

richtree is offline Registered User

I still think is an above average passer because his passes go for more yards per pass than the average passer.

Also, his percentages could be higher on a more pass friendly team besides the Falcons.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    The Atlanta Falcons were one of the best rushing teams in the NFL while Vick played QB for them, NO? The general rule of thumb is that teams try to establish the run to set up the pass, NO?

So even though the Falcons ground game was among the league best VICK still struggled in the passing game, NO?

Forget about who or whom his wide receivers were it didn't matter. Vick is a below average passing QB, NO?

The Prosecution rests,
    Thank you.
    Vick's rushing yards helped establish that best rushing team, NO?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Vick's rushing yards helped establish that best rushing team, NO?
    Yet even with the threat of Vick running, he was still a below average passer.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39 View Post
    Anyone that watched Vick play this year saw an improving player. The guy got better week in and week out. He showed he still has good enough speed, he's still got a strong enough arm to zip the ball downfield, and he's still smart enough to be able to read an NFL defense after two years of sitting in jail.
    one week he runs for minus 2 yards and then the following week he gained a yard. A few weeks later he complets a 5 yard pass(not actual stats just his play was very limited and demonstrated absolutely nothing IMHO). Are you freakin kidding me....Get Scared Vick Haters.... Not a hater but if he becomes a Rams then the title should read be scared Ram fans because if we do this and keep this up we will become the Clippers of the NFL.....GO Rams
    Last edited by Dominating D; -02-09-2010 at 07:55 PM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Some interesting comments from Falcons fans about Vick after he flipped off the home crowd back in 2006 (his last full season):

Vick should realize that the fans he is giving the fingure to are the same ones who help pay his ridiculously undeserved salary. Every owner in the NFL is laughing at Arthur Blank for signing this RB, I mean QB for 10 yrs. Only thing worse then being a Falcon fan and having to watch this absurd attempt of Vick trying to be a QB is to be a Georgia Tech fan and watching Reggie Ball.
    Micheal should be sold - not necessarily for the obscene gestures but because he is a lousy quarterback. Think of the talent we could buy in a number of key positions with what we pay him! All of my football fan buddies agree that Schaub should be our quarterback. Sure Vick gets some exciting runs but look at his standings at the end of each year as a quarterback. He stinks but everybody is afraid to step on Mr. Mighty Michael's toes. Hopefully Mr. Blank will have the cajones to can him. Mora's a nice guy but makes quite a few bade play calls - he may need to go as well.
    Just another case of an over-hyped,over paid,average athlete not remembering where he came from and who "pays" that ridiculous salary. Sad thing is he believes all the hype, that he is some sort of superman. If he would lead the team instead of trying to be the team and let others make the big plays the Falcons might actually be able to have a real winning streak. I would not be sorry to see Vick traded. As he is now ; he is useless to this team. There are better players on the Falcons than Vick. I truly believe that ANY un-sportsman like conduct by ANY player should carry a BIG FINE, require an on-air APOLOGY not an excuse and suspension from 2 games.
    Fustration is understandable but these fellows need to be more professional. They are getting paid a lot of money to preform and they are not (or should not) act like children. It reflects on the organization and especially on the coach. The more professional the coach, the more professional the players will be. I believe that it may be time to evaluate Mike Vick's value as a QB (I understand he cannot do it all). But it is the QB's responsibility to work with his reveivers and adjust to what works with each one (As Tom Brady does). He also has to give his blockers a chance to get into some rhythm (stay in one place long enough so they know how to block for him). He has such quick feet that they never know where he will be. It may be time to try a Hershel Walker type trade (like Dallas did).
    From the beginning when he held out after his first season for more money, he has proved to not be true to the game for it's sake and a Falcon for the pride. I say, as I have for years, "SICK OF VICK, GIVE SCHAUB THE JOB!!!" It is way passed the time to give him the boot. If you want to watch him run the ball, make him a running back. Historically he has not been an outstanding player (check his stats), yet he can play a horrible game then make a couple of runs and he goes instantly from being a ZERO to a hero in some fans eyes. Not mine. Get with the program fans, time for a change.
    So Vick flipped off some fans. Who really cares about that. We should really be talking about the crappy job he does as OUR FALCONS quarterback. I guess in that "education" he received at VT they forgot to tell him that the quarterbacks job is to throw the football. Yes I know he throws "HARD" but we need a QB that can throw accurate and often. So the dude can run fast, good for him, but when he runs I hold my breath because I'm afraid he is going drop that loaf of bread he is carrying AGAIN. Someone needs to tell him that if he wants to run the ball, he needs to tuck it and protect it. This is why we need to let Vick go, not because he flipped some fans off (who really cares, we've all done that) we need to boot his tale to the curb because he will never be a good NFL QB. If he can learn to protect the ball like a RB should he would be a great RB.
    VICK AND HIS FINGER IS JUST THE STRAW FOR THE CAMEL. HE DOES NOT PERFORM AS A QUATERBACK AND THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE FORGET. YES HE CAN THROW HARD AND HE CAN RUN AND ONCE IN A WHILE HE CAN MAKE A DYNAMIC PLAY BUT THAT DOES NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. I AM NOT A VICK FAN BUT I AM A FALCONS FAN. WE HAVE LOTS OF TALENT OUT THERE AND NEED A QUARTERBACK TO COMPLETE THE TEAM. MATT SCHABB IS A GREAT CHOICE TO REPLACE VICK WITH. WE HAVE OVERPAID VICK AND HE HAS UNDER PERFORMED. CAN HE NOT LEARN THE PLAYS OF A PROFESSIONAL QUARTERBACK OR DOES HE WANT TO BE THE ONE MAN TEAM AND HERO? FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT.
    TRADE HIM! Now his true colors are coming out. Yes he may run the ball with ease but that is all. If he can't run he doest not know what to do. I agree with the earlier posting (media hipe) has made him not his abilities. Mr. Blank is wasting his money. Lets see Shockley see what he can do the season is over.
    I dont know why Vick is still playing at all. I see college quaterbacks out thier that play alot better with alot better passing skills than Vick.Just because he can run and get lucky from time to time and gain yardage here and there does not always put points on the board. When he does try to pass I dont even think he looks for a reciver he just throws the ball up their and hopes for the best.As far as his attitude I would not want him inspiring my kids in any way. But I guess thats why I moved away from Atlanta anyway. I dont want thugs like vick involved in our daily lives and its easy enough to just turn off the TV if the falcons cant do better than this for a quarterback thanks.
    He has no respect for the fans of Atlanta or of any other team or sport. I vote he goes the way of his brother. His mediocrity as a QB is very apparent. Media hype has promoted him, not his abilities. His frustration with yesterdays game exacerbates his poor performance. Make him a wide receiver or a running back. He is NOT a QB

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Interesting comments, looks like some of us are not alone in not wanting Vick on our team.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Just bring Vick in. Bulger is just as bad if not worse. He also requires a whole lotta cash. And at least Vick is intimadating, not like some old geezer like Bulger....

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Just bring Vick in. Bulger is just as bad if not worse. He also requires a whole lotta cash. And at least Vick is intimadating, not like some old geezer like Bulger....
    Oh, because 32 is a geezer but 29 is a spring chicken. Good thing Vick isn't a runningback because they usually lose their speed about the time they turn 30.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Vick's contract calls for him to make $5 million this season. If we trade for him, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to renegotiate. Vick's also only "intimidating" if you were in a coma from 2006 until the present, or have a name of "Rover".

BarronWade is offline Registered User

No Av Vick is not a top 10 passer

He is more of a gimmick QB.

He the Rams get no he is not part of the future plans but he is a playmaker that can help us. we are 1-15 there's only 1 thing we can lose that is a game.

We are not a good team we should get a playmaker.

But no Vick will not be the future.