Thread: Ginn a corner??

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Ginn a corner??

INTERESTING...still think I am off?

Rotoworld:

One undisclosed NFL team is reportedly planning to send its defensive backs coach to work out Ted Ginn Jr. in Columbus, Ohio.Impact: Ginn was the No. 1 high school cornerback recruit before the Buckeyes chose to make his primary college position wide receiver. There was talk back in February that Ginn might prefer corner to wideout in the NFL.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Ginn a corner??

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    INTERESTING...still think I am off?
    Off about what?

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Drafting Ginn.

We are looking at a multipurpose tool here. A Leatherman almost. Returner, an offensive weapon, and now a defensive juggernaut.

He will be wearing the horns if the other boys are gone. Trust me:-)

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Wow, that is interesting. If Troy Brown can do it, why not Ted Ginn?
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -04-12-2007 at 08:35 PM.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

They don't have to worry about a WR blowing past him. He's athletic enough to do this also.

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    We are looking at a multipurpose tool here. A Leatherman almost. Returner, an offensive weapon, and now a defensive juggernaut.
    Jack of all trades, master of none. Sounds like a great use of a Top 15 pick to me! :x

He's raw as it is in terms of knowing the intricacies of how to play WR, and we're going to draft him in order to try and morph him into a corner where he hasn't played since high school?

I don't like the idea at all. If you want a corner with return skills, take Revis. The value is better and he actually has college experience at the position so he'll be able to help on defense sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Facing-The-Giant View Post
    or if you want a wide receiver with excellent return skills, you can look at jason Hill or Yamon Figurs in round two. both of those guys are probably going to be better pros than ted ginn.
    Hill maybe, but Figurs in round two? Not likely at all. More like borderline first day, probable second day.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

My guess is that the Lions are this "undisclosed team." Sounds like the next Steve Bellisari. Martz is at it again...

Ted Ginn has the build of a corner, definitely has the speed, but even if he was starting material, we'd be stuck with two tiny CBs in a division of big WRs. Ginn is the one guy I don't want the Rams to take at #13. I've got this gut feeling that he'll be a big injury risk and will never be a #1 or #2 receiver, let alone cornerback.

:l

-jake-

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Gee did someone say Yamon Figurs? Nick's right, bad idea to draft a college wide out to make him into a corner that can return, when Revis and Ross will still be on the board.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I've got bad feelings about Tedd Ginn. He could be absoultely great, or he could be a complete bust. Whilst this rings true for all draft prospects, Ginn's 'Boom or Bust' potential has been magnified through media coverage, and the fact that he got hurt in the BCS Championship Game didn't help, either.

As for the undisclosed team...Methinks Miami.

Look where they have needs- CB, OT, QB and WR. Whilst I'm doubtful of Ginn's ability to play OT and QB, I think he is the sort of prospect a team like Miami just might fall in love with.

God I hope it's smoke...

keith m. klink Guest

i don't want the kid at all , at cb , wr , nothing . draft carriker , the first 4 picks should be a combination of , 1wr , 2dt , 2de , divide as you like , but 3 out of the 4 need to be on the line . there is still good LB help after the 4th rd. with our 9 picks i would like to see the team add.
    2-DE
    2-DT
    1-MLB
    1-WR
    1-RB
    1-CB
    1-OL
    and i would be happy.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

[QUOTE=keith m. klink;168169]the first 4 picks should be a combination of , 1wr , 2dt , 2de , QUOTE]

Once again, simple mathematics proves to be the downfall of one of one of my fellow clanrammers.

keith m. klink Guest

hey Q , once again reading proves to be the downfallof , just kidding , i should have explained this in a SIMPLE term , just kiddin again . what i was trying to say , with our first 4 picks , any combo of 1 wr , 2 dt , 2de , . so if you drafted , DE - DT - WR -DE . or a DT - DE - DE - WR , or DE - WR - DE -DT . that is what i meant , and i should have given a better description of my idea. but you do know how hard this is for me to spell and find words , with a brain injury don't you. ya horses ass , ha ha ha ha just kiddin about the horses ass thing . but i still think , that come draft day , we need 2-DT and 2-DE , even if we sigh JENKINS, we need talent and youth to build that line from what we lost the last 2 years .