Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RuffRams

Thread: The good thing about Peyton visiting the Niners

RuffRams is offline Registered User

The good thing about Peyton visiting the Niners

Alex Smith is visiting the Phins

So if Phins offer Alex Smith a huge offer and he is out. And Peyton picks Broncos or Titans over Niners.

The Niners might not have a legit starting QB next year!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: The good thing about Peyton visiting the Niners

From Rotoworld
    The Sacramento Bee reports that the Seahawks are scheduled to host free agent Alex Smith after his Sunday meeting with the Dolphins.
    Perhaps most interestingly from the Bee's report is the fact multiple sources tell beat writer Matt Barrows that Smith is "upset" with the ***** for their pursuit of Peyton Manning, and there is a "growing belief" Smith might not return to San Francisco regardless of Manning's whereabouts. Smith is also unhappy with his agents, who rep both him and Manning, and the San Francisco Chronicle has reported Smith is considering firing CAA. In 2011, the Niners did everything in their power to minimize Smith's impact on games, consistently keeping his pass attempts totals low and beating opponents with running game and defense. Clearly, they're not going to go out of their way to keep him.
    Like you say, will be interesting if Peyton goes Broncos or Titans, could leave the Niners in the lurch!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I guess now Teke's theory that Peyton wants to play in the AFC, so he doesn't have to worry about knocking out or getting knocked out of the playoffs by Eli, will be put to the ultimate test.

I don't think I've ever wished he were more right.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Talk about a slap in the face this could come back to haunt the whiners... anyone concerned they may get Peyton?

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Talk about a slap in the face this could come back to haunt the whiners... anyone concerned they may get Peyton?
    Concerned is a under statement Rambo's. When I first heard Manning was looking to play in a good climate, the Niners were the very first team that come to mind. It's definitely the best situation Manning could find this season. So Im another guy praying Teke is right.?

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

I'm very concerned also. If he does I see them as the best team by far the next few years.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

With Manning throwing to Crabtree, Moss, Mannigham, and VD, and Gore running them ball, that will be one potent offense. Add in their great defense, and they will really have to screw up to at the least make it to the NFC title game.

ShaneFalco Guest

i hope manning doesnt come here to Denver, i actually like tebow how he brought a bottom of the barrel team back to winning. Tebow could probably develop into a really dangerous qb once he gets better footwork.

For some reason i think manning is 2 much of an injury risk. one hit from chris long or Robert quinn. Game over.

Moss is game over regardless tho, if we dont have the strong corner and safety to double him.

I agree with Teke, I think Manning doesn't want to compete with his brother to make the SB. Even NFL.com says that:

Also, Manning would be competing with his brother for the NFC title, something of which he reportedly wouldn't be fond.

So, I still think Broncos are Titans are number 1 choice for him. Don't think he wants to compete with his brother. And if he does it would have to be the SB. Not to try to get into the SB

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Good thing the Whiners went after Manning and now they're stuck in a pickle whether Smith or Manning is in the blueprint for their future. If it's neither, they'll have to rely on Kaepernick, so there might be some silver lining this offseason after all. Manningham and Moss have significant flaws (Manningham being injury prone and Moss being a slouch).

I'm really not that surprised though, the Whiners always sucked to begin with, and what better way than to see Manning go to the Broncos and Titans.

True, but I have also heard that if Manning picks Titans. Then the Niners might go after Matt Hasselback. Talk about Manning single handedly affecting a lot of FAs, haha