Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Great Blue North gives 2005 Rams Draft a first year grade of B+

St. Louis: For years, it seems the Rams went off the board on draft day to concentrate on the skill positions, but they did a very nice job restocking the offensive line at the 2005 draft, although they may still have work to do in that area. First-round pick OT Alex Barron, for example, had his ups and downs early in the season, but settled in as the season progressed, in the process solidifying what had been a problem position for years in St. Louis. Meanwhile, OG Claude Terrell, a prototype interior roadgrader taken in the 4th round, looked all the part of the future at that position for the Rams as he also started most of the season, although he still needs to refine his pass blocking technique. FB Madison Hedgecock, a 7th round pick, has also helped the run-game blocking and, for good measure, chipped in 9 receptions. Meanwhile, CB Ronald Bartell, a second-round selection contributed increased minutes as the season progressed, knocking down 4 passes in 7 starts, while 4th round SS Jerome Carter started twice and posted 35 tackles. Another rookie DB O.J. Atogwe, the Rams' 3rd round pick, on the other hand, didn't play much until late, but had a couple of big plays, including a 42-interception return in St. Louis' final game. The Rams also had a moment for the ages when QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, the former Ivy Leaguer from Harvard who was slected in the 7th round was thrust into action because of injuries to Marc Bulger and Jamie Martin and led the Rams to a remarkable last-minute comeback win in Houston. Fitzpatrick, though, struggled after that, but did finish the year with a 56% completion mark, although he had twice as many picks (8) as TD passes (4) First-year grade: B+

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Great Blue North gives 2005 Rams Draft a first year grade of B+

Nice find. I'm liking that there liking our picks!
    RamsFan16

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

Re: Great Blue North gives 2005 Rams Draft a first year grade of B+

I think our picks this year were very impressive, i love what the front office did with our O-line, rejuvinating it with some youngsters that have great passion and talent for the game. Bartell is a solid player as well, i have a feeling he will break out over the next couple of years... O and of course squeezing a 4th quater comeback out of a 7th round pick wasn't bad either!

This draft was not as flashy as previous Martz escapades and i think that helped us out!
    Defence Wins Championships