Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Great Blue North's HORRIBLE First Day Mock

http://www.gbnreport.com/2005projection.htm

I say horrible for the following reasons.

1) The Rams, who are already looking at 12 picks this year, trade down from #19 to 31 with the Eagles and acquire three more picks.

2) At #31, with Jammal Brown, Thomas Davis, and Brodney Pool still on the table, the Rams take... Dan Cody.

3) GBN doesn't have the Rams going OT at all on the first day.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Great Blue North's HORRIBLE First Day Mock

All of a sudden I feel better about my own predictions.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    http://www.gbnreport.com/2005projection.htm

I say horrible for the following reasons.

1) The Rams, who are already looking at 12 picks this year, trade down from #19 to 31 with the Eagles and acquire three more picks.

2) At #31, with Jammal Brown, Thomas Davis, and Brodney Pool still on the table, the Rams take... Dan Cody.

3) GBN doesn't have the Rams going OT at all on the first day.
    Holy smokes! I just took a closer look at this. They have us passing on...

Jamaal Brown and Thomas Davis once
    Brodney Pool twice
    Josh Bullocks three times
    and w/o finding a OT in the 1st 2.5 rounds...
    Adam Terry & Chris Colmer four times

absolutely incredible.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

So with 5 picks on day 1, we come away with Dan Cody (DE), Elton Brown (OG), Stanley Wilson (CB), Donte Nicholson (S), & Adrian McPherson (QB).

I can't say I would feel good about that.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I also don't see the Rams taking a qb on day one. We have too many needs to draft a 3rd string qb with a day one pick. I have also seen a lot of mocks having us picking a tight end at 19, if the Rams did that I would freak out. Unlike some people I think this team is close to being a contender again. With the addition of an offensive takcle and some defensive help like at db,d line,and one more linebacker we could be right back in the Superbowl mix again.
    Just Fix It

NFLTopGun is offline Registered User

That mock draft's a joke... No way Rams will trade their 19th pick... They will get an OT and he will start (Brown or Barron)... then we should get Pool in 2nd round (he's fast and tall)... 3rd round, we should grab a DE to back up hargrove or little in running downs... Rams better not screw up again, this draft has several good rookies that can start for the Rams... We can get a qb next year to back up bulger and smoker... just sign a veteran (not as bad as Chandler)...
    :clanram: DIE HARD RAMS' FAN!

ramstiles is offline Registered User

given the payers available I don't see a problem with the eagles trade but the picks they then made are terrible. We could pick Brown in 1 Pool and Bullocks in 2 that would be our top needs sorted and still with the 2 picks in round 3

Quote Originally Posted by ramstiles
    given the payers available I don't see a problem with the eagles trade but the picks they then made are terrible. We could pick Brown in 1 Pool and Bullocks in 2 that would be our top needs sorted and still with the 2 picks in round 3
    Excellent point, Stiles. The trade is actually the only good thing in this mock (as you said, given the availability of certain players). As you pointed out, we could make that trade and clean up...as long as GBN isn't drafting for us. :redface:

general counsel Guest

It never ceases to amaze me how many "experts" have NO idea what they are talking about in terms of the needs of the rams.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

cunningstunt17 is offline Registered User

Scott Tercero will start at RT in 2005!!!

I HATE TO HAVE TO COMMENT, BUT EVERYONE SEEMS TO HAVE FORGOTTEN.

Quote Originally Posted by cunningstunt17

of course assuming we don't get J. Brown in the 1st round.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by cunningstunt17

Perhaps he will, but will he start the entire season, and will he start three seasons down the road? Sometimes you draft for future need as much as you do immediate need. Even if Tercero plays this entire season at RT, he's probably more of a guard anyways, and getting a stud RT like Brown to spend a season getting acquainted with the offense and then coming in in 2006 would be great for us.

Besides, has Scott Tercero even proved he can stay healthy for a full season as a starter?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, I guess I need the addresses of everyone who has posted they hate this scenario so I can send them some of the stuff I've been smoking because to me, the one thing that has killed the Rams lately is depth and special teams. To be able to get all those picks and shore up the depth and special teams problems seems very exciting to me.

Even depth at QB hurt us last year when Bulger went down and Chandler had to play. McPhearson has been playing lights out in the Arena League. At least he has game experience. To get Stanley Wilson and Donte Nicholson would be a coup in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Well, I guess I need the addresses of everyone who has posted they hate this scenario so I can send them some of the stuff I've been smoking because to me, the one thing that has killed the Rams lately is depth and special teams. To be able to get all those picks and shore up the depth and special teams problems seems very exciting to me.

Even depth at QB hurt us last year when Bulger went down and Chandler had to play. McPhearson has been playing lights out in the Arena League. At least he has game experience. To get Stanley Wilson and Donte Nicholson would be a coup in my opinion.
    Parts of it are bad, Tx. We could have taken a starting RT (Brown) and a starting FS (Pool), but they went with a DE (Cody) that would back-up Hargrove and a OG (E. Brown) to back-up Timmerman/Tercero. That's the problem I got with it. Wilson, Nicholson, McPherson...I could live with them if our 1st two picks were J. Brown and B. Pool. As it is, we've made 5 picks and still don't have a solid RT or FS.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Ok, I'll give you the flier on the FS and OT scenario. However, if those players you want are available after this trade happens and the Rams don't choose them then blame the FO. However, if the Rams have a chance for a trade like this and don't take it, I'll blame the FO because the Rams have depth problems out the wazoo and this trade fixes that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast