Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ramstiles is offline Registered User

Re: Great Blue North's HORRIBLE First Day Mock

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Well, I guess I need the addresses of everyone who has posted they hate this scenario so I can send them some of the stuff I've been smoking because to me, the one thing that has killed the Rams lately is depth and special teams. To be able to get all those picks and shore up the depth and special teams problems seems very exciting to me.

Even depth at QB hurt us last year when Bulger went down and Chandler had to play. McPhearson has been playing lights out in the Arena League. At least he has game experience. To get Stanley Wilson and Donte Nicholson would be a coup in my opinion.

The scenario is good its the picks they made that were bad

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Dad gum people, I know SOME of the picks may be bad. Quit focusing on the picks and and look at what has killed the Rams lately. Aeneas goes down and depth forces players like Coady to start. When Fisher went down, our secondary was atrocious. Special Teams have killed this team also. This trade helps with the depth problems. Also, why is Cody a bad choice? The man has an awesome motor. Little is getting up there in years.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Also, why is Cody a bad choice?
    Nothing...........as long as he can play RT.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Huh.....so the whole Rams draft focuses SOLELY on the RT? I sincerely, whole heartedly, and hope and pray to the great big Ram in the sky that is not the case.

P.S. Who's to say the Rams couldn't draft a RT from Pigsknuckle U somewhere late in the draft and turn him out to start?
    Last edited by txramsfan; -04-11-2005 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx
    Huh.....so the whole Rams draft focuses SOLELY on the RT? I sincerely, whole heartedly, and hope and pray to the great big Ram in the sky that is not the case.
    The whole draft? No. The 1st round? They dang well better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx
    P.S. Who's to say the Rams couldn't draft a RT from Pigsknuckle U somewhere late in the draft and turn him out to start?
    Who's to say they couldn't draft Bulger's replacement in a late round to start next year? Who's to say they find an All-Pro LB in free agency? Nothing, but it's not as likely to happen either.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Honestly, I would take Jamaal Brown before Cody also. However, the draft is such a frickin crap shoot. Anyone remember Tony Mandarich?

Honestly, I would take Jamaal Brown before Cody also. However, the draft is such a frickin crap shoot. Anyone remember Tony Mandarich?
    Mandarich? Of course, greatest player since Aundray Bruce. :redface:

general counsel Guest

Neither of them could hold a candle to walt patulski, who was one of the greatest busts of all time and neither steroids nor legal problems had anything to do with it.

general counsel

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

This trade helps with the depth problems.
    I wouldn't be disappointed to pick up Nicholson in the third, but to pass on a T and FS in the first two rounds is mind boggling to me. We don't need depth at those positions - we need STARTERS. To pass on potential starters for depth makes no sense for me, even if we still need depth. Brown, Cody, and Wilson may never start for this team because we have talent at those positions - but we need talent at positions GBN had us passing on. Makes no sense to me. Get your depth in the later rounds. Take your future starters early on.

Also, why is Cody a bad choice? The man has an awesome motor. Little is getting up there in years.
    After drafting Hargrove in round three and with Little not guilty of DD, I don't think we need a DE in the first round. Cody is a bad choice because the Rams have bigger needs elsewhere that they could have filled with that pick - they had their choice between Jammal Brown or Brodney Pool, each of whom would have filled one of the Rams' two biggest needs. So why take Cody? He's not a bad choice because he's a bad player; he's a bad choice because we have other needs that are more of a priority than DE that could have been filled at that position that were passed on.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ramsfan1975 is offline Registered User

I personnaly would take the trade , but the picks they have are another thing...but man that would be a huge rookie class for this year...but hey it would keep our team relativly youthfull

Aries51 is offline Registered User

Hey!!I played RT for Pigsknuckle U!!I had one hell of a year!! :redface:

Seriously though,I agree with tx here.We need depth and I think there will be a ton of quality players who will be available between the 2nd and 4th rd's.If Brown is available when we pick in the 1st,I do hope we nab him though.
    Last edited by Aries51; -04-12-2005 at 03:45 PM.
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12