View Poll Results: Who are the best D teammates in the draft?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • NC St. - DE Mario Williams & DE Manny Lawson

1 11.11%
  • Tennessee - DT Jesse Mahelona & DB Jason Allen

0 0%
  • LSU - DT Claude Wroten &/or DT Kyle Williams &/or S LaRon Landry

0 0%
  • Va Tech - DE Daryl Tapp & CB Jimmy Williams

0 0%
  • Ohio St - LB A.J. Hawk & LB Bobby Carpenter

3 33.33%
  • Iowa - LB Chad Greenway & LB Abdul Hodge

2 22.22%
  • Texas - LB Aaron Harris &/or DT Rodrique Wright &/or DB Michael Huff

1 11.11%
  • Alabama - LB Freddie Roach & LB Demeco Ryans

1 11.11%
  • Florida St. - LB A.J. Nicholson & DT Broderick Bunkley

0 0%
  • Penn St. - LB Paul Pozlunsky &/or DE Tamba Hali &/or CB Alan Zemaitis

0 0%
  • Purdue - DE Ray Edwards & S Bernard Pollard

0 0%
  • Boston College - CB Will Blackmon & DE Matthias Kiwanuka

1 11.11%
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Greatest D teammates: The Poll

This thread between RamJackson39 and RamFan16 has inspired me to come up with a poll.

Who are the best defensive teammates in this draft?

We pulled two of our rookies from the same school (Barron and Carter), but not from the same side of the ball. So who would be the best pair (or trio) to wear the same colors next year?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Greatest D teammates: The Poll

Hodge and Greenway. They have been playing besides eachother since they were Freshman. They know how eachother works and know where eachother are going to be on the Field each play. If you watch them each time there is a run there announcers say there they are the two All American Linebackers makin a stop together again. You can't coach that chemistery.
    RamsFan16

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I have to go with Freddie Roach and DeMeco Ryans. Not only have they been a dominant force at the LB position since day 1. They have also taught a 1 star recruit in Juwan Simpson and made him into one of the best pass rushing LBs in the nation. The play off of eachother well in that Roach is the bigger force against the run and Ryans is able to drop back in coverage.

Becuase of Ryans versatility and Roach's stoutness against the run, Roach is often left alone in the middle. Ryans will go back in coverage and Simpson will rush the passer. Or a stunt can be used in which Roach is rushed, Simpson goes back in coverage, and Ryans slides over into the middle. Tinoisamoa could fill Simpsons' shoes VERY nicely.

Ryans and Roach are a force in the SEC and the most dangerous duo in the SEC. A league built on strong defenses and great running games. In this league where only one team is supposed to be an offensive powerhouse (Florida) Roach and Ryans led the Alabama defense to allow a grand total of 3 points to this offensive powerhouse.

And whats even more remarkable is that Roach has been injured much of the season. He has played nearly the entire season with a cast on his arm which prevented him from really grasping a football (which is why he didnt have an INT, although he knocked down quite a few passes) These guys played with heart and in a league of million dollar contracts, heart cannot be replaced. The love of the game cannot be replaced. These guys have that.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

I think the way that Roach and Ryans manhandled Texas Tech's offense today proved it. They are great LBs that work seamlessly together. If they were to find a way onto the same defense in the NFL, that team would have one of the best LB corps in the league. These guys are amazing.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

man ramjackson like 'bama much?

I've lived here most of my life. The fact that I know Ryans personally also plays into wanting to see him in Blue and Gold. But, I dont see why you cant just pick players out of that defense to draft. It was the best defense in the league for the past two seasons and manhandled the best passing offense in the league. It was a thing of beauty.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

I live in Ohio(i am wearing a A.J. hawk jersey right now)and OSU shut down ND's offense