Thread: Gus Ferotte

larams1980 Guest

Gus Ferotte

You can always go home. That's the old saying, right?
    Well, it looks like QB Gus Frerotte will be coming back to St. Louis to backup Marc Bugler...again. PD columnist Bernie Miklasz posted this tweet in his Twitter feed today:
    Rams likey will have a deal with FA QB Gus Frerotte by end of week. His agent is Marvin Demoff. Ram negotiator is Demoff's son Kevin.
    It's a backup QB for a team that figures to prominently feature the run and the option, which will be set up by the run - the kind of offense that a backup QB wouldn't drag down too much. Then there's that six-degrees-of-separation thing with Frerotte having played for Brad Childress in Minnesota, the similar offensive scheme Childress and Rams new OC Pat Shurmur picked up in Philly.
    It's not the worst move in the world; definitely not the most exciting. His age makes you wonder, though. I suspect QB will be high on the Rams list of priorities next spring.

Hopefully they still take a QB sometime in the draft. Maybe someone like Rhett Bomar in 3-4 round. We got to develop a young QB for the future.
    Last edited by Nick; -03-13-2009 at 03:13 AM. Reason: NO LINKS

tonyray05 Guest

Re: Gus Ferotte

Shoulda kept Greene, can't believe he coming back!!!

rams#1 Guest

I can't believe that Gus would want to comeback.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

I am anti-Frerotte. Gus has the same weaknesses as Bulger, only Frerotte's are more pronounced. If/when Bulger goes down, Frerotte will be even more vulnerable to the defensive schemes used to target Mark.

Frerotte plays beneath his stats. On paper, Gus is acceptable, but he is not, and will never be a quality back-up. Gus's strength is as a starter, but nothing in his past performances gives evidence that he can be a stablizing on-field presence to a shaken-up offense.

Bah... I get tired of swimming upstream. Gus Frerotte is aight. Ram's have other priorities. I just want to see a mobile, strong back-up, not another slinger waiting to get buried when the pocket implodes.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Ramone is offline Registered User

I would rather see Scott Covington back. Man, I would rather put our opponent's back-up if Bulger goes down.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Let me be frank here: I just don't like nor do I want Gus Frerotte as our back up. The reasons are many but to name a few I consider him to be nothing more than a FOSL and we all know how that worked out. Also, he is clearly in decline and I think the money he's going to get is a complete waste and would be much better spent elsewhere (For example, on anything that moves, breathes and has two feet)

I really would like to see Brock Berlin given a reasonable opportunity to "carpe diem"-seize the day-and grab this job for himself.
    The imminent signing of Frerotte goes against the Prime Directive: The Rams need to get younger and not be stuck with old washed- up and EXPENSIVE players.

Come on Billy, stick with the program that you started this offseason. Every move you've made so far has been in accordance with the new Prime Directive that you instituted. Don't deviate from it now, please. Geez, where's Capt. Kirk when you need him?

WHAT SAY YE?

RamsFan16 Guest

What the heck is wrong with Brock Berlin?

I do not want to see Gus Frerotte back in a Rams jersey. It's apart of the old regimine, and it sickens me.

Bring in JP Losman or someone, not Gus.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I'm no Frerotte fan but being from Upstate NY and watching a million Bills games I have to give an emphatic NO to bringing in JP Losman. He is completely horrendous. I would rather have Frerotte be our starter for the next 10 years than bring in Losman. No NFL team will ever amount to anything with Losman behind center.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I don't see all the hate towards Ferrotte, he went 8-2 no one else out there on the FA market is going to get you that except maybe Jeff Garcia

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    What the heck is wrong with Brock Berlin?
    Besides the fact he couldn't pass Frerotte or Green on the depth chart?

Berlin is at best an emergency QB, and will not be on the 53 man roster next season.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    I'm no Frerotte fan but being from Upstate NY and watching a million Bills games I have to give an emphatic NO to bringing in JP Losman. He is completely horrendous. I would rather have Frerotte be our starter for the next 10 years than bring in Losman. No NFL team will ever amount to anything with Losman behind center.
    lol. I'm from toronto and i watch alot of bills games to and theres no way in hell i want to see losman grip a football again, the mans braindead. i wouldnt be happy bringing in frerotte just because of his age, but for a one year deal i wouldnt really care. looks like the FO is going to target one of the good qbs in next years draft.

thermobee is offline Registered User

How about byron leftwich? I think he is a better option then both Gus and JP