Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Hadley: Rams could sign Claiborne tomorrow

Tuesday, March 1
    CLAIBORNE, PIERCE OR HARTWELL?

RAMS UPDATE: Chicago has said no to trading Brian Urlacher… Buffalo isn’t showing interest in trading London Fletcher at this point… At linebacker, the Rams are focusing on Chris Claiborne, Ed Hartwell, and/or Antonio Pierce.

Sources indicate that Pierce is the top choice however is likely to re-sign with Washington. Hartwell is one of a handful players likely to be “overpaid” hence it appears Claiborne is the most likely land... as soon as tomorrow.

ON THE LINE: While the Rams will focus on upgrading the OL during the draft… expect the team to spend money on a veteran backup or two during the FA period. That noted, sources indicate that the Rams have determined that Fred Miller would be too costly to bring home and will pass on his services.

KEEPING PACE: The Rams would like to hasten the process of determining Pace’s future with the team. Word has the Rams intent on finalizing a deal with Pace by the end of next week or heading in another direction.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

Re: Hadley: Rams could sign Claiborne tomorrow

I had heard that Claiborne wanted to play MLB, and while not spectacular, he would be a strong upgrade...
    I would also like to see the rams go after Kendrell Bell, I think that he would be a great SLB

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I'll take him but I don't think that'd make a significant difference on this defense. Let's hope they have some bigger moves in mind soon.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

If Claiborne is our answer, I don't think we're asking the right question.

He's an upgrade, but not a significant one. Oh well, I guess that's better than nothing.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

majorram is offline Registered User

I thought the rams may go this way with Claiborne, IF this statment is true, he's an upgrade, but I agree with Zig, I don't think he will make a significant difference to our D but hey, it's a start.....

steve :ramlogo:

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Why do they have to pass on every player that wants decent money?

Fred Miller couldn't demand that much? I mean, sure he wants to be payed like an average lineman in the league, and not the league minimum.

And of course Hartwell is going to cost. I feel like there is 1 glaring position on this team, which is MLB, and they need to pony up to get one.

Aye, another year of the Rams not willing to pay for anyone. And why can't they get the Pace and Bruce deals resolved BEFORE the start of free agency?

Any additional money they get after this week won't help because they're won't be any quality players left to get. Perhaps maybe 1 or 2 after June 1st cuts.....

UUUUGGGGGHHHH!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'm not going to say we should or shouldn't on anyone. I thought Duncan coming in from Tampa would be a good move. Duh.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

John Hadley is reporting....

CLAIBORNE: I’ve been flooded with e-mails asking about Chris Claiborne.

The answer is… yes.

Yes, the Rams still have great interest in acquiring Claiborne. Dexter Coakley will play outside ‘backer, Claiborne would play inside.

Claiborne is in St. Louis and will be wining and dining with Rams brass this evening.

The Rams hope to have Claiborne sign on the dotted line by the weekend… at the latest.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

viper is offline Registered User