Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Hadley: Rams Should Add Ginn, Jr. and Williams

Even in the so-called "Doomsday Scenario", I'm not convinced Ginn is the best player available. I'm not even sure if he's the best wide receiver available at that point. With as much firepower as we have on offense, it'd take years for Ginn to even get the role Kevin Curtis had. He'd be taking up a ton of cap space for just returning kicks. Kamerion Wimbley, the 13th draft pick last year, signed for 6 years, $23.7 million.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

This is garbage in its purest form. Which i was lead to believe came from the eadquarters of RubbishTip International, somewhere in the San Francisco region.

I now know the truth. For pure garbage, the source Hadley.

I'm convinced that if 'doomsday' is to occurr, Hall and Revis are the BPA(s), and on this basis, we should select one of the two.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Nick...

So, tell me a straight answer...no jumping around.
    When have I never given a straight answer? There's a whole nine-page thread devoted to me giving straight answers!!

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    You know and I know most everyone will be gone by 13. Lets say no Adams, Willis, Okoye, Carriker, Landry, Branch, or Anderson.

Who do you want us to pick?? And why? Please don't say Revis or Hall (PLEASE)
    Well before we begin, what's this "you know and I know" stuff? If we were in the business of knowing exactly what would happen in the first 12 picks of the NFL draft, we'd be getting a paycheck from some kind of publication for that gift.

My point is no one "knows" everything about the selection process. I doubt many people had Donte Whitner pegged as a top ten pick last year. So I think it's very possible that at least one if not more of those players will be available when we select, but for the sake of argument, I'll assume the players you listed are off the board.

The problem comes along when you eliminate players because you think they'll be gone, and then when you ask me to pick, you turn around and say "Don't say these guys." I'd love to go D-line with that first pick and get either an interior run stuffer or a pass rusher off the edge, but with the players you have on the board, I'm not going to reach for another end or the next tackle even though I like Harrell.

So at that point, I think the most logical pick would in fact be Revis. Not only have the Rams been rumored to be very interested in the Pittsburgh DB, but Revis would team with Hill and hopefully a resigned Bartell to give us a young secondary to lock in for quite a while. It also helps that he brings return skills to the table. Leon Hall, I'm not as high on personally. His value is probably in that area, but I think for what we're looking for, Revis would be a better choice. As I said, cornerback is not the preferred route I'd take in round one, but recognizing that we don't have good value for the front four, I'd look toward Revis as the pick.

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    But, accepting your premise, I would, without the slightest hesitation, take either Justin Harrell or Paul Posluszny over Ginn.
    I like both of these guys. But, at 13 I think they would both be a reach. We could probably trade down and still get one or the other.

Rambos is offline Registered User

But, accepting your premise, I would, without the slightest hesitation, take either Justin Harrell or Paul Posluszny over Ginn.
    I agree with AV on this I would take both over Ginn, I would trade back too do it.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

but not that many people are willing to trade up in this draft because of the weakness of the players from 10-25... your going to get pretty much the same player at 10 as you are at 25.... it would be very interesting to see who is willing to trade up in the draft... only a week away people

Rambos is offline Registered User

I think that is why Linehan is selling everyone on the fact we want Ginn. We don't have the need but maybe other do. Let's see if he can do it two years running. Not saying we can get a 3rd, maybe a 5th.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Posluzny would be my guy in that situation. He may not be flashy, but I'm willing to bet he will have 125 tackles or more as a rookie. If that's a "reach," so be it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12